ch 3: assault

Werewolf Adventures: Cat

"Hey kitty"
Hakyeon scowled when he saw the two boys that were eyeing him before. 
He wasn't stupid, after everything he'd been through, Hakyeon knew when someone wanted him. It wasn't cockiness.
After years of being hurt, Hakyeon knew the look in their eyes. 

"Buzz off", was his cold reply. 

"Rude much? You shouldn't disrespect higher ranks, how about we fix all that bravado in you?"

The boys had him backed against a wall and he was scared of the contact. His heart was beating widly but he held an aloof expression.

Hakyeon didn't like the smell. They smelled like wet dogs and it filled his nostrils. 
He defensively growled. 

As a result, he was immediately pinned to the wall by the cuff of his neck, his face turned as his left cheek dug into the concrete. 

The hand made its way from the back of Hakyeon's neck down his back to grab onto his hips. 
His eyes shut when he felt a hot breath in his ear. 
But when one of the wolve's fingers dug into Hakyeon's hip, he whimpered in pain. 

"you like this huh?" The alpha male chuckled, "That's why you're here right? There's no way a cat could be a wolf's soulmate anyways right?--" 

Hakyeon tried to not pay attention to what was happening. He couldn't move; he was immobilized when he struggled, one beta cuffed the back of his neck and Hakyeon could only growl in protest. 

His mind returned to cheungsul's basement where the vampire would assault him repeatedly. 
He said the same words

"You'll like it, kitty. Just hold still and be good".

Hakyeon stiffened; he was filled with regrets. Everyone was the same. Everyone just wanted to hurt him. 
He wished he had left this pack. Tears pricked the corner of his eyes but Hakyeon refused to let them fall. 

Suddenly, all the hands on his body were gone and he was released. Not wasting a breath, Hakyeon ran and he didn't look back. 
He had to leave; he had to get out of this place. 

The area was empty because everyone was gone for the dinner ... Wonshik. 
Hakyeon abruptly stopped. 
That's right, he was mated to a wolf -- not by choice by the way. 

The feline shook his head. This wasn't fair, and he wasn't going to let himself get hurt; he wasn't going to stay with this pack of mutts. 

However, each step got heavier as his mind kept wandering back to Wonshik. 
His soft gentle smile. His patience for Hakyeon's stubborness. 
His comforting words and promise of safety. 
But this wasn't fair. 

Wonshik didn't deserve something like him. He wasn't pure nor any of the things Wonshik had said. 
If Wonshik really knew where Hakyeon had come from, he would be disgusted. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------

"A-alpha" one of the males gasped, loosening his grasp on the back of Hakyeon's neck. 

Leo's glare was dangerous and the other boy also released the feline who bolted without hesitation. Leo didn't flinch. 

Sure, he despised the werecat. 

Sure Hakyeon pissed him off to the point of insanity. 

Sure Hakyeon was rude as hell. 

But Hakyeon certainly didn't deserve this. 
Leo was shocked when he saw the familiar feline getting publicly violated by the two wolves. 

"What the hell were you two doing?" 

The alpha and beta adolescents gulped, "W-we weren't going to hurt him or anything ---"

"You will be punished for this", Leo snarled coldly, "If Wonshik doesn't kill you himself. Now get your stupid faces out of my sight".

The males scurried off and Leo went to find his brother. 
Sure enough, the latter was ordering others around mercilessly. 

"Wonshik we have to talk".

His brother turned, "hyung the preparations are still not done. Can't you wait until after the dinner".

"It is about your mate".

Wonshik stopped and looked at his brother curiously. "What do you mean?"

"Just now, two males were bothering him", Leo said. 

"Oh dear, did he say some rude things to them?" Wonshik chuckled lightly. 
The alpha smiled fondly as he though of his feisty mate. If they bad mouthed Hakyeon, Hakyeon would've thrown words that would make their mothers blush. 

"Not like that; they--- violated him" Taekwoon explained, "They were touching him and he was shaking from fear. When I stopped them, Hakyeon bolted but I assure you, the males will be puni---"

Wonshik wasn't listening. His blood ran cold. 
This wasn't good. 
Leo didn't realize how fragile Hakyeon was; he'd been through some terrible things and had major trust issues. 

Wonshik couldn't imagine how fearful Hakyeon must be but he knew Hakyeon would want to get out. 

"Hyung, you're in charge of the preparations. I don't think I'll join you tonight", Wonshik said trying to control the worry in his voice. 

He didn't let his brother reply before bolting out of the room. 
Thankfully, Leo understood. He couldn't imagine what he'd do if Jaehwan was assaulted like that. 
----------------------------------------------------

Their den was empty and Wonshik had begun to panic. Where in the world could Hakyeon be??
He didn't stop running and searching for his mate. 
The cat wouldn't be hard to spot; in fact, you can't possibly miss his white spotted coat. 

Unfortunately, Wonshik's nose was useless in this situation since cats were notorious groomers which covered their scent. 
However when he approached the borders, Hakyeon's voice attacked him first. 

"Get out".

Wonshik looked up to see a pair of shining eyes looking down at him from a tree branch. 

"Come down here", he called. 

"Leave me alone", Hakyeon hissed down at the nosy wolf. 

Wonshik merely stared up at him. 
"Hakyeon, I said down!"

Hakyeon grumbled as he heard the annoying wolf use his commanding alpha voice. Biologically, any beta or omega couldn't disobey. 
Hakyeon scoffed, "As if your bravado works on me mutt". 

Nevertheless, he still came down. 

Hakyeon didnt like talking about emotions. He could deal with his problems just fine. 
"What do you want".

The wolf paced around Hakyeon, poking around to see if he was injured at all. Then he Nuzzled the cat. Naturally, Hakyeon pulled away from the intimate contact. 

Wonshik quickly changed to his human form, indirectly telling Hakyeon to do the same. 

"Where did they touch you?"

Hakyeon flinched away in embarrassment but Wonshik grabbed his wrist, pulling him into an even tighter hug. "Yeonnie, let's go back home okay?"
----------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry Wonshik, I dont want to stay here. I'm sorry", the feline sobbed brokenly. 

Wonshik's heart ached painfully, "Baby why are you sorry?"

"Because this is your home and I'm being selfish -- ", Hakyeon whimpered. 

"Oh Yeonnie, you're so inncocent.  its not your fault"
Hakyeon had every right to want to leave. A pack of wolves was intimidating and cats are solo dwellers. Hakyeon also had difficulty making friends and trusting others due to an unknown past as well. 

It shouldnt surprise Wonshik that his and Hakyeon's pairing wasn't accepted. With regular mates, a claimed omega carried the scent of its alpha which would be a warning to any other alphas and omegas. But since Hakyeon was a cat, he didn't carry the scent of his mate which made their relationship less credible to others. 

Not to mention, Hakyeon was absolutely stunning ---especially in his human form. 
He was an exotic beauty; with bright green eyes and lucsious tan skin. His figure was thin with curves in all the right places and the way he walked was almost sinful. 
Hakyeon's sharp hips swaying side to side was tempting. He looked like a model with his long legs and toned thighs. Also, his full, round lips looked like they were begging to be kissed.  His long flawless neck was also hard to resist. 

So of course the young juvenile males wanted a taste. But the thought made Wonshik more possessive. 
Sure Hakyeon was gorgeous and he was lucky to have him. But Hakyeon was HIS and there was no way Wonshik would allow anyone touch Hakyeon the way he did. 
He didn't only love Hakyeon for his perfect body; Wonshik loved Hakyeon's feisty attitude and his sarcastic comments. 
Any other alpha would be offended but Wonshik treasured it. 

He traced Hakyeon's jaw and smiled warmly. 
"I'm sorry for making you stay here love but there is no way we will be safe without a pack and I can't possibly risk your life over anything" he explained, "But I want you to come to me when you feel scared or lonely. And I will make sure those juveniles are punished for what they did to you".

Hakyeon only snuggled against Wonshik's chest. The alpha calmed him down by holding him, making Hakyeon soak up his musky scent. 

"You didn't deserve that, angel" Wonshik kissed the crown of his head. 

Hakyeon moved away, "Quit calling me that please"

Wonshik cocked his head to the side, "What? angel?"

Hakyeon exploded then. 
"Stop saying that I'm not innocent or pure! I was ever since I was sixteen!" Hakyeon yelled in frustration. 

"I was sold and then used by that despicable vampire! I was confined in a cage for 5 years! He'd whip my ankles bloody if I didn't walk right. He'd tie me down and drain me of blood until I stopped resisting him."

Wonshik froze as he took in everything Hakyeon was revealing between tears. 
He couldn't move as Hakyeon's story sunk in. He didn't realize how much time passed until Hakyeon spoke again "It doesn't make a damn difference if others do the same. Besides, I'm used to it. So you shouldnt waste those words on someone like me".

Wonshik realized how broken Hakyeon was. 
"Dont lie to yourself angel. It does matter -- its not your fault that you've been hurt."

"Stop! Whyre you still saying that word? Im not innocent or pure!!" Hakyeon screamed angrily, tears slipping past his defense. 

The wolfman kept his calm expression. 
"You are pure. Your heart is pure as ever. And its the strength and fight in you that makes you innocent. You are strong after what you have been through. You didn't let your innocence be stripped of you". 

"You don't even make sense half the time" Hakyeon sniffled. Wonshik chuckled and brought Hakyeon home, putting him to bed. And then, he search for the males Leo had described. 
He quickly found them reaking of his poor Halyeon's fear. 

"You three". The males flinched at Wonshik's voice.
"Alpha, we didn't mean to---", one began hurriedly but was immediately cut off. 

"How dare you lay a finger on my mate", Wonshik thundered in fury.  Wonshik was known of as the more easy going alpha bit this was inexcusable. 

"We're truly sorry", another boy held his head low. 

"Did you know he was mine?" Wonshik said calmly. 

"Y-yes sir".

"Then there is no excuse. You three will be receiving 8 whip slashes each --- by me, personally. And I'm sure you'll listen to rules this time and inform your parents of your disgusting behaviour", Wonshik seethed. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since then, Wonshik was more protective of Hakyeon and didn't ignore his dumb cousin's remarks.  
Hakyeon didn't complain because the wolf was  surprisingly never overbearing. And he, decided to control his mouth to avoid trouble. 

"Hey, are you doing alright Hakyeon?" Hongbin asked the following day during breakfast. 
"Duh, buzz off", the feline dismissed. Hongbin looked offended. 

"He's sensitive about it, he doesn't like opening up about his vulnerabilities", Wonshik translated.  Hongbin glared at the feline before turning to his friend, "I'll never understand what you see in him". 

Wonshik noticed Hakyeon's gloomy expressions and boredom. He only smiled when Wonshik returned home. Maybe if Hakyeon had a friend, he wouldn't feel so alienated and lonely. And so, he persistently tried getting Hakyeon to go the pack Dinner. After the last experience, Hakyeon wasn't eager but Wonshik promised that he'd keep an eye on him all night. 

"Hakyeon! Nice to see you", Jaehwan said. Hakyeon nodded and engaged in little small talk. When Jaehwan excused himself to go to the bathroom, Hakyeon sat staring longingly at Wonshik who was busy across the room in a conversation with another alpha. He didn't want to disturb since the point was for Hakyeon to make friends. He was lost in his thoughts when someone tapped on his shoulder making him jump. 
The feline turned to see a pretty male with a nervous smile, "Hey, I'm Minhyuk".
Hakyeon blankly blinked at him so the male sat down beside him. 
"I noticed you were alone so I thought I'd introduce myself", Minhyuk said. 

"I heard about those asshats harassing you. You must be upset; not much of a welcome", Minhyuk said, "But just so you know, we are not all like that. Every family has their bullies". 

Hakyeon smiled, "Thanks, I'm Hakyeon. Nice to meet you."

"Everyone knows that, you being Wonshik's mate. Its hard not to notice a cat", Minhyuk commented, "So wanna go to the balcony? Its quieter". 

Hakyeon shrugged and followed the latter. 

"By the way, would you like to meet my friends? They're really nice; just not your conventional goody goods", Minhyuk said. 

"Thank goodness", Hakyeon breathed making his new friend chuckle. Minhyuk introduced Hakyeon to Peniel, Hyunshik, and Sungjae. The two were betas and just as friendly as Minhyuk. They were also younger than Hakyeon but accepting nonetheless. 

"So where did you come from?" Sungjae asked. 

"My kind are loners, we travel alone, live alone, and hunt alone", Hakyeon explained. 

"Wow, I can never imagine that!" Peneil said, "That's pretty gutsy though. How about mates though?"

"Heat once a month attracts any possible males nearby. It's more of a no-strings-attached thing. Non exclusive and only physical" hakyeon said. 

"Have you ever had a mate before alpha Wonshik?" Minhyuk asked curiously. 

Hakyeon bit his lip, "No, I uh never really even came across my species". 

"I heard that you are not even afraid of Alpha Leo", Sungjae exclaimed, "is that true?" 

Hakyeon shrugged, "It's difficult for me to trust others so I just stick close to Wonshik". 

"Come on Hakyeon, we all know how much of a prune he is", Minhyuk nudged him, "I mean, nobody has even seen him smile!" 

Hakyeon snickered.
"So are any of you guys mated?"

Sungjae replied, "Only Hyunshik but his mate is literally an idiot". Hyunshik responded with a loud smack to the boy's head. They all laughed. 

Minhyuk looked at the time, "Dinner is gonna start soon, we should head back".  They all agreed and walked back. 

"Hakyeon, where were y---?" Sanghyuk stopped when he saw the trio with him, "Oh, Wonshik hyung was looking for you". Hakyeon didn't seem to notice the stone cold expression on Sanghyuk's face and bid his new friends goodbye to look for his mate. 

"Wonshik".
The alpha turned and relief spread over his face, "Oh thank god, I looked away for a minute and you were gone! You scared me! Where were you?"

"Making friends just like you wanted".

Wonshik raise a brow and have his mate a side hug, "Really? Indulge me after dinner". 

Dinner was great and afterwards, Wonshik walked home with Hakyeon. They were stuffed and just wanted to fall into a deep slumber. 
------------------------------------------------------------
The following day, Wonshik headed out on his duties. Hakyeon was awoken by someone knocking at the door.  
He groggily opened an eye. "Who is it?"

"Rise and shine Princess".

Hakyeon opened the door to reveal a grinning Minhyuk. Sungjae and Hyunshik waved. 
"What---what are you guys doing here?" Hakyeon asked, still surprised. 

"We're gonna show you around" Minhyuk said happily. 

"And as great as you look in just a shirt, hurry up and put some pants on", Sungjae added sarcastically. 

"Shut up", Hakyeon rolled him eyes and invited them in. 

"Can I get you guys anything?" hakyeon asked out of politeness. 
Hyunshik was going to reply when Minhyuk cut him off. 
"We're not handicapped; we can grab some juice ourselves. You, make yourself presentable". 

Hakyeon excitedly nodded and was away to prepare for the day. 

The four boys went exploring, hiking through the forest and chatting. It was very enjoyable. Hakyeon obviously also enjoyed Wonshik's company but the latter was often too busy or tired to take a slow, relaxing stroll. 

"Where is alpha wonshik any ways?" Minhyuk asked. 

"Patrolling duty today", Hakyeon said absently, "Are there more wolves out there?"

"Yeah, each pack has their own territory but its not like we're enemies. More like neighbours. The patrolling is to keep borders strong to avoid mistakes", Hyunshik explained. 

As the continued, they heard talking and giggling. Hakyeon turned towards the direction in curiosity. 

It was a couple of betas; mix of males and females. 
As they got closer, they stared warily before one male spoke, "So this is alpha Wonshik's little -" 

Hakyeon snarled at the boy. Sungjae glared, "Shut up Gary, why don't you mind your own business".
The beta seemed taken aback by Hakyeon but rolled his eyes. 
"What? Can't I say the truth?" 

Minhyuk scoffed, "Alpha Wonshik won't take you lightly. After all, he's still furious about what those three did to Hakyeon". Gary scrunched his face in disgust, "How dare you compare me to those erts? Alpha Wonshik should've just gotten rid of them". 

"So what is he doing with you?" A girl demanded, directing Hakyeon, "Shouldnt you be following Wonshik around?"

Hakyeon had enough of the humiliation and pounced, fiercely attacking the girl. He was faster than the tan wolf and ripped at his back. It took a while for the others to break them apart. 

"I am NOT anyone's ing !" Hakyeon snarled as his claws dug into the wolf's side. 

Hyunshik stood between them and looked at Hakyeon in worry, "Are you okay?" Hakyeon's glare was still on the girl but he seemed to have intimidated them and they left with their injured friend. 

"That was awesome!" Sungjae exclaimed, "I can't believe you attacked her!" 

Hakyeon grumbled, "I think I should go home". 

His friends dropped him over at his house and left, with encouraging words. 
"Don't take her words to heart Hakyeon!"
"Yeah, she's just jealous".
"You're totally badass!" 

Hakyeon just smiled and thanked his friends. Despite the unfortunate encounter, Hakyeon didn't feel too terrible, proud that he fought back and that he had friends by his side. 
Now, he just wanted to rest. 
----------------------------------------------------------------
   ------------------------------------------------------
        --------------------------------------------
                 ---------------------------
                         -----------
                 ---------------------------
       --------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

Hakyeon woke up to feel a body hovering him. He groaned and buried his head into the pillow. 
"Yeonnie", Hakyeon could practically here the pout in the alpha's voice. Realizing that Wonshik wouldn't give up, Hakyeon sighed and flipped to his back, trying to look annoyed even though his eyes were threatening to close. 

"You're early" he mumbled, reaching up a bit to give his mate a  pathetic excuse for a hug. 
Wonshik hummed as he rested on top of him, snuggling into Hakyeon's neck. The latter giggled, "yah, why are you so touchy today? And why are you early??"
"I got things done faster since I had a pretty Yeonnie home all alone" the alpha teased. Hakyeon made a face. 

"Were you out?" Wonshik asked instead.

"Oh, yeah. With the guys I met last night. We only went hiking and such", Hakyeon said cheerfully. 

Wonshik smiled at Hakyeon's excitement. "That's great! So who were they?"

"Minhyuk introduced me to his other friends; Sungjae and Hyunshik". 

Wonshik thought for a bit; the names seemed familiar but he only recognized Hyungshik. 
"Hyunshik in my hunting party; he's a good guy", Wonshik said. 
"Really? That's cool", Hakyeon smiled, "Now are you gonna get off? You're kinda fat".

Wonshik pretended to look shocked and hurt, "Fat? Baby, this is all muscle". 
Hakyeon rolled his eyes before teasing, "Huh. So that's what you tell yourself?" 

Wonshik began tickling him in revenge, inducing a loud laughter from his mate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks sooo much for all your comments! It's interesting to see how many people hate Hakyeon's personality and those who love it xD

TBH i wanted to deviate the whole innocent, mother-like Hakyeon theme :P So I'm glad you're enjoying it!!! Sassy Hakyeon is a lot of fun to write.

But I would just like you guys to know that the personality is just a defense mechanism since Hakyeon's character has been through a lot and has difficulty trusting other people. So he uses his personality to keep others away. In this chapter, he got into trouble because of it tho xP 

Alot of people dont like the personality so I write this chapter to show his vulnerable side and why he doesnt trust others

Yes, Wonshikkie is really patient so for the sake of the story, he's older than our leader-nim.