ch 1

Werewolf Adventures: Cat

"Woah did cougars eat your tail too?" Wonshik stared at the cat from a distance. 

Wonshik was on patrol when he followed the sweet cinnamon and ashy scent to a peculiar looking cat. The animal was also reaking of blood from its hind leg. The wound looked painful, displaying puncture wounds from large teeth. The scent of fresh blood indicated that the blood had yet to clot and stop bleeding.  

The feline looked furious, "Lynxes don't have tails ". 

"Well sorry, I have never heard of your kind", Wonshik defensively took a step back. 

"Yeah so get out of my way so you that you wont have to deal with my kind", the were-cat snapped. 

"I didn't mean it like that", Wonshik said quickly. 

The lynx noticed the wolf's anxiety when he moved to leave. He crooked his head curiously as an indirect way of asking for an explanation for the behavior. 

"It's just that um ------ you're my mate". The drop. The cat stared at Wonshik like he grew a second head. 

"You're confused. You dont even know me, leave me alone", the lynx growled as it turned to go on its way.

"But you're in no condition to travel; your hind leg is practically mauled", Wonshik added. 

The feline scowled, "And you think I'll blindly let you lead me to a pack of wild dogs?"

"No, I'll take you to my house. Its further away from the others and I won't let anyone near you" Wonshik said sincerely. 

The lynx didn't reply so Wonshik took the silence as an agreement. Wonshik supported the cat's side to help him move. 
--------

"By the way, I'm Wonshik".

"Good for you" was the short reply. 

Wonshik growled in annoyance, "Aren't you going to introduce yourself?"

The lynx sighed before answering, "Hakyeon".

"So where are you from? Do you have family?" Wonshik asked. This time Hakyeon didn't answer and Wonshik didn't press him. 

He would be lying if the lynx wasn't attractive. 
And it wasn't just because the cat was his mate. Hakyeon had a thin build and piercing gold eyes. His large ears were cute even though he had an exotic air to him. 

When they arrived to the townhouse sized home, Wonshik changed to his human form to enter the house. He could feel the were-cat's gaze on his sculpted back. 

Hakyeon remained in his animal form and Wonshik finally spoke. 
"Aren't you gonna change?"

The lynx tugged on Wonshik's shorts and the wolf realized that Hakyeon needed clothing. He hurried and got him a pair of pyjamas. 
The lynx continued to stare at Wonshik. 

"What now?" 

The lynx took the clothing in his mouth and walked into the room. When Wonshik moved to follow him, Hakyeon growled in warning. 

Wonshik was perplexed but waited in the living room. 
-------------------------------------------------
"Did you never learn about the concept of privacy?" A honey like voice said. 

Wonshik sharply turned to see an attractive young man. His jaw dropped; the man was even more attractive in human form! 

His eyes scanned Hakyeon's form. The pyamajas were clearly too big and loose for the lynx were. Hakyeon had exotic looking skin that was a bit darker than his own. It gave the lynx-were's skin a healthy and attractive glow. Hakyeon also sported a long irresistible neck that was flawless.  He also had almond shaped eyes, small button nose and small plump lips and a high cheekbone. He stood with his long elegant fingers on his thin narrow hips. 

"Eyes are up here wolf".

Wonshik blushed when he was caught checking out the were cat. 
"Oh uh-- sorry", he said dumbly. 

"Thanks for the clothes though", Hakyeon waved him off. 
His feline eyes turned into upside down crescents and his lips stretched into a thin smile. 
Wonshik was mesmerized at how the cold intimidating feline could look so sweet and approachable. 
"Is that not enough for you? I'm not gonna your ", Hakyeon said in response to Wonshik's lack of reply. 

Wonshik snapped out of the trance, "uh n-no problem. I'll get you some ice".

.........

"So how'd you get that injury?"

"Damn cougars".

Wonshik frowned. Cougars were natural enemies to wolves. They were larger and the opposite of friendly. Wonshik shook his head when he heard of them attacking another cat that was alone.

"Anyways", Hakyeon went on, "How do you plan on hiding a lynx here? This area is infested with wolves". 
"Don't worry about that. I'm sure the pack will accept you sooner or later". 

"Hold up", Hakyeon narrowed his eyes, "I'm only staying until I heal".

"But you're my mate...?" Wonshik said. 

"We are different species! And cats don't have this mating system! We go into heat and get screwed by the nearest cat. That's it! There's no commitment". 

Wonshik frowned at Hakyeon's crudeness. 
"Have you already---"

"God, don't you see what I'm saying?! We can't be mates. You need to find yourself a wolf to live happily ever after!" 

Wonshik's saw the panic in the were cat and decided to calm him down first. 
"I'm not going to keep you here against your will okay? We can discuss this later. I just want you to give me a chance Hakyeon".

"Delusional" Hakyeon muttered under his breath. 

Wonshik took the couch while Hakyeon slept peacefully in his bed. But the wolf just couldn't get his mind off the exotic feline. 

--------------------------------------------
The next few days were with Wonshik and Hakyeon was still wary of the alpha; he was sure the wolf wanted something from him--- they always did 

"Here's breakfast", the wolf entered with a large piece of meat-- most likely a deer. 

Hakyeon was inclined to share although it felt odd to be in such close proximity of the wolf. 

After breakfast, Wonshik decided to get to know Hakyeon. 

"So what do you do in your spare time?"

'Huh, get beat up by a psychopath vampire until I can't breath'

The cat shrugged. 

"Well I enjoy taking hikes. You should join me sometime, it gives you time to think", Wonshik offered. 

Hakyeon endlessly listened to Wonshik talk about pack dynamics and how things worked. 
Finally, he spoke in a confused voice. 

"What exactly do you want from me?"

Wonshik hesitated, "Just give me a chance." 

Hakyeon raised a brow but shrugged, kind of feeling bad for this naive person. 

And to his surprise, he suddenly had a pair of soft lips on his. It took a while for him to regain his senses and pull away, face dark red. 

"Don't do things like that so suddenly!" He exclaimed, fanning his face. 

Wonshik looked at him, "What's the big d--- wait, was this your first kiss?!"

"Shut up, you don't need to rub it in", Hakyeon glared at the alpha. 

Wonshik couldnt stop the smile from stretching on his face; he couldn't be happier than to take his mate's first kiss. Not to mention, this was a side of Hakyeon he hasn't seen before. The feline was blushing in embarrassment and it was rather adorable. 

Wonshik continued to spoil Hakyeon because he enjoyed seeing the smiles on his face. Not to mention, within a week, Hakyeon had already warmed up to him. Since the lynx preferred his animal form, they slept in animal form during the day on the couch. and one evening, Wonshik awoke to feel a rough surface grooming his fur. Figuring it was Hakyeon, he smiled smugly and enjoyed the free bath. 

"Stop grinning like a creep, I know you're awake", Hakyeon said pulling away. 

Wonshik grinned, "You know you can just ask for a kiss in human form".

"You wish", Hakyeon snorted, "You were just too stinky so I was given you a hand". 
------
It was a gloomy and dark day and Wonshik really didnt feel like getting up go for the hunt but he had to. He Nuzzled Hakyeon, "Ill be back in the afternoon. We have a hunt today". 
The cat nodded sleepily and weakly returned the affection with a soft . 
It wasn't too much of an issue for the cat since he spent most of the time sleeping. 

A couple of hours later, Hakyeon was awoken by loud rumbling. Before he could take in his surroundings, he found his head began hurting painfully and he found himself in the terrifyingly familiar basement in his more vulnerable human form. 

He heard the loud thundering and whimpered in fear. He'd always been afraid of the thunder for some reason. 
In the vampire's lair, he was punished for crying and making noise so the feline curled into a ball, hands tightly over his mouth to keep quiet. His eyes were closed shut but that didn't stop the river of tears from bursting out. 

It was weird, he was never so emotional usually but with the weather like this, something inside him broke. 

Despite his attempts, he heard footsteps coming down into the basement. Hakyeon's breath hitched. 
This is bad

He was going to punished severely for being so loud.

Vampires had sensitive ears and hated being disturbed. 

"Please forgive me! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I won't cry, please forgive me! Im sorry!"

----------------------

Wonshik frowned in worry when he saw the state Hakyeon was in, shaking and sobbing silently, in the far corner of the room. 

When he got closer to console the feline, Hakyeon began to sob loudly and beg for forgiveness. Honestly, he was terrified to see Hakyeon in such a vulnerable state. 

He grasped Hakyeon's shoulder and hugged him tightly while the feline continued to thrash and struggle. 

"Shh, its okay Hakyeon. Please, wake up. Its Wonshik. you're safe, it's me baby", the alpha whispered 

Hakyeon's eyes shot open. "W-Wonshik".

"Yeah, it's me. You're okay Hakyeon, breathe". 

When Wonshik loosened his grip, Hakyeon's grew tighter as though he was scared to be pulled away from the other. And so the pair remained like this until Hakyeon's heartbeat calmed down --- which took roughly 5 minutes. 

And then, the feline let go, pushing the alpha away abruptly. 
"He-he is going to find me again. W-Wonshik, I'm sorry but I need to leave. Now. He'll find me again. I can't stay here, I can't!"

Wonshik quickly pulled Hakyeon into a hug again. 
"Nobody will hurt you, okay? Nobody. The last thing you need is to be alone Hakyeon. I promise to keep you safe. Please! Just trust me!"

"You don't know him--"

Seeing the feline still panicked, Wonshik kissed him. This time it was hard and filled with emotion and promises. "You don't know me enough Hakyeon. I never break a promise. I'll fight with my life to keep you safe. Nobody will take you from me", Wonshik said, seriously looking into Hakyeon's round frightened eyes. And then, Hakyeon felt the burden significantly decrease from him. 
It was then, one could argue, that he fell for the wolf. 
The following week, they performed the mating ritual. 
---------------------------------

"Is he even submissive?" Kai snorted. Before Wonshik could protest, Hakyeon beat him to it. 

The lynx-were growled at the werewolf, "Why do you care, stinky mutt".

Kai snarled dangerously, furious that his rank was disrespected especially by a cat. 
He was about to lunge when Wonshik stepped in front of Hakyeon with a warning glare. Kai was smart enough to halt himself. He scowled before stalking away. 

"Hakyeon, you can't go around saying things like that", Wonshik said as he turned to his mate. 

"I can say whatever the hell I want" the lynx-were stubbornly responded. 

Wonshik sighed, "It's dangerous, love". 

Hakyeon shrugged and walked ahead towards their house. 

"Wait! Did Kai do anything? Are you alright?" Wonshik jogged to catch up with him. 

Hakyeon smirked at the boy's cute display of concern and continued walking. He heard Wonshik catching up so he abruptly turned to face him, causing Wonshik to come face to face with Hakyeon. 

The feline's gold eyes were sparkling teasingly as he looked up at Wonshik. 
His voice became seductive, "Did he do anything like what?"

Wonshik's emerald eyes were locked with Hakyeon's. The shorter boy took Wonshik's large hands and placed them on his hips and his body leaned towards Wonshik's broad chest.
"Did he touch me like this?" Hakyeon spoke against the alpha's lips. Wonshik his lips as a blush formed on his cheeks. 
Hakyeon smirked when Wonshik locked their lips together; wolves were so predictable. 

But the taller man moved his hands lower and squeezed tightly on Hakyeon's , gaining entrance into his mouth when the lynx moaned. 

It was a while before Wonshik pulled away sharply.  "What's wrong Big Boy?" Hakyeon asked in confusion at his mate's behavior. 

Wonshik grabbed Hakyeon's shoulders, making the lynx were look at him. 
That's when Hakyeon saw the anger and fury behind the alpha's expression. 

"Hakyeon, did Kai really touch you like that?" Wonshik demanded. 

Hakyeon smiled teasingly, "Don't make me laugh; you think I'd let that stinky dog get near me?"

Wonshik sighed in relief and put his arms around Hakyeon's waist and they walked together all the way home. He shook his head; as soon as Hakyeon's foot was healed, he began creating trouble.  Wonshik was debating on when to tell Leo about all this even though his brother already had a hunch. Well, now with Kai, probably telling everyone about Wonshik's cat mate, it may be better for them to confront Leo before he catches on to rumours. 

"So am I supposed to ask your leader or whatever if I can stay?" Hakyeon asked. 

"Pack alpha. Um yeah my brother should be home right now", Wonshik replied. 

"Brother? Well if he's anything like you, then I think we'll get along fine".

Wonshik blushed. 

It had only taken Hakyeon 3 weeks to actually fall in love with the wolf. And honestly, it was hard not to; Wonshik had a charismatic front but in reality, he was just a stupid fool. He never forced Hakyeon to do anything and was extremely patient and considerate. And Hakyeon eventually decided he could deal with the cheesiness because Wonshik was extremely loyal. In fact, if he didn't speak at all, Hakyeon could dare to call him y. But that wasn't the case since the alpha would eventually say something dumb or crack a joke that made Hakyeon question his decision to stay here in the first place. 
-------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't like you".

Leo blinked. "Excuse me?" He demanded in disbelief. 

"Nothing, I was just thinking out loud", Hakyeon dismissed. Leo glared at the cat but didn't say anything. He had little choice since this was Wonshik's mate after all. 

It was an understatement that Hakyeon didnt get along with anyone except Wonshik. 
Even Hongbin and Sanghyuk kept clear of the feisty cat. 
Ken got along okay with him as long as long as the speech remained formal and short. 

"What do you see in him?" Hongbin exclaimed in a hurried whisper when the two headed to the pack boarders for patrol duty. 

"Who? Hakyeon?"

"Duh"

"Well you're blind to the fact Hyuk is a total ", Wonshik pointed out. 

"Im not blind, i just ignore it. But seriously... Is he THAT good in bed that you don't care about the ty personality? I mean he's hot and all but I didn't think you were the type to only focus on looks".

"Yah Hongbin shut up already", Wonshik rolled his eyes. 

"So he's that good", Hongbin teased.  

"Yah he's just sheltered okay? If you knew what he's been through, you wouldn't blame him for being so unfriendly", Wonshik argued. 

"Do you know what he's been through?"

"...no"

Hongbin shook his head, "Ridiculous". 

--------

"Hey Yeonnie?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you trust me?"

"More than anyone in the world..." The cat said dismissively. Technically true since he had nobody else. 

Wonshik felt a sense of affection and elation. 

"Considering I have only known a crappy group of people and  you're the least annoying mutt here", Hakyeon concluded. 

Wonshik pouted, "you didn't have to mention that part".

"I didn't want your head to get too big honey", Hakyeon teased. 

"Well since we trust each other, I was wondering about your past. I just want to get to know everything about you", Wonshik said tentatively. 

Hakyeon frowned with a hard expression.

"Um but I don't want to rush you or anything. If you don't want to, then ---" Wonshik spoke. 

"No it's fine. I guess if anyone ought to know, it's you". 

Wonshik patiently waited for Hakyeon to begin. 

"I don't remember my parents or family of any sort. All I remember is being in a large cage where this man, Jacob would come once in a while. There were lots of cages and weres like myself. Jacob fed us but he also tortured us by making us part of his sadistic experiments. Weres are hard to kill off so he continued hurting us until we were unconscious. Unfortunately, I was deemed his favorite which meant being assaulted, poked, and prodded repeatedly."

It sounded like an excerpt from a horror movie. "Why were you the favorite?" Wonshik asked when he regained his voice. 

"Because the sadistic bastard gives special attention to his exotic prisoners. Apparently the werecats have the tastiest blood". 

The wolf gasped, "So ---- he's a vampire??!" 
Vampires were only spoken of and Wonshik nor his pack ever encountered one in real life. There were only stories from the elders who described the mystic creatures as blood thirsty and merciless killers. They enjoyed inflicted maximum amounts of torture before draining their victims of blood. 
In Hakyeon's case, he was kept as a blood bank to feed on whenever the vampire was hungry. 
They were psychotic monsters. 

Wonshik kissed Hakyeon's cheek as comfort and in thanks for trusting him. Although Hakyeon didn't show emotion, Wonshik could tell he didn't like thinking about his past so he didn't ask for further details. 

Besides, Hakyeon was his now; he'd keep him safe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

omg how was it?