"Same time, same place."

A GTae Fiction: Since The Beginning (ON-HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THREE

 

July 7, 2006

SM Entertainment

Apgujeong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul

 

I watched the heavy rain falls outside. It's summer season, but massive rainfall is already expected especially in the first week of July.

 

I just finished my training with Johan, my vocal coach. We've been practicing vocal controls and different vocal techniques for a year now. I must say that he's one of the best when it comes to vocal training. Sooyeon and I are very grateful to him. Speaking of Sooyeon, she's been sick since yesterday so I promised to bring her hot porridge when I get home today.

 

"Taeyeon, you alone?" Leeteuk, one of the members of Super Junior who debuted last year, stood beside me. Watching the rainfall too.

 

"Oppa.” I bowed, "I'm waiting for Yuri."

 

"Oh, I see." He smile a bit.

 

"It's been a while." I chuckled.

 

Though he's my senior, Leeteuk and the other members are my friends. We used to compete with each other as part of our vocal training.

 

"I know. We got pretty busy since the debut." He explained.

 

It's been months since I last saw them. They're busy attending different music shows and whatnot to expand their popularity.

 

"So how was it?"

 

"It's good. I love performing on stage with the guys but...” He sighed, "It kind of pressure us. You know, with all the new boy groups set to debut this year and so, it's hard not to overthink."

 

"But Super Junior has already established a name in this industry.” I murmured, still watching the rainfall.

 

"It's been just a year, Taeyeon, and let's be real, our debut wasn't that successful. They want more."

 

"Well, success cannot be achieved in a day." I said.

 

Funny is it? Just a month ago, all I did was cry to BoA. Doubting myself and wanting to give up everything but now, I look like an Idol for a decade who's giving advice to her junior.

 

"I know. But there's this rumor...”

 

"What rumor?" I asked.

 

"Rumor that YG will debut its first Idol boy group this year." He shooked his head, "I'm not against it. Everyone can dream to be an Idol. It's just that, it adds pressure on us." He explained.

 

I know YG Entertainment. It's not as big as SM but it's pretty famous, especially to those who love Hip hop.

 

"Oppa, YG is known for underground hip hop. It's different from SM." I said.

 

"I know. I just can't help but overthink and besides, Kangin knew one of the members. He said he's good, beyond good actually."

 

If I think about it deeply, I wouldn't really understand Leeteuk's sentiments unless I experience it myself. He has the right to overthink I guess but then, overthinking will lead you nowhere. It will only destroy your plans.

 

"The endless training was not enough. You really need to be mentally prepared too if you want to stay longer in this industry." He murmured.

 

I stared at Leeteuk and remember the times when we used to train together with the other trainees. We used to be so happy before, but now, by looking at them, it feels like they have been in a long battle.

 

The rain has stopped now. Just about a minute after Leeteuk waved his goodbye, Yuri showed to tell that she won't be abl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter