How it all started

Confused

"Mark, this is Chaeyoung. And miss Chaeyoung please meet Mark." Mark looks at his ajushi butler and gave him the what is this all about look.

"ehem.. Let's get inside and have a talk. You must be cold miss Chaeyoung." Butler, mister Kim leads the way in while Mark is still confused.

 Geez, this guy is so clueless. Chaeyoung thought as she looks at Mark and walks past him into the huge mansion Mark lives in.

"No no no. Are you kidding? Why the hell would we be engaged? I don't even know this girl. Ha, no way." Mark was in shock as mister Kim announced that both their parents had signed an agreement to had both of them engaged and soon to be married for the company's blah blah benefits.

On the other side, Chaeyoung is rather calm. She knew everything a week ago. Of course, she too made a huge fuss over this in front of her parents, thinking why should she do this for the company. It's none of her business after all. But being the good child, she got it over after a week of not talking to her parents and agree on helping the company, saving the company or what so. She doesn't want to end up sleeping by the street one day, she thought.

"Now you both have some talk and try to get along, I'll go get miss Chaeyoung belongings in." Mark's jaw dropped as he stares at the figure who is walking out. 

"You're even living here?" He asked in disbelief.

Chaeyoung lean closer to Mark to push his jaw up and close his wide open mouth.

"Hey, I don't really want any of this too okay?" She lean back to her seat and continues,

"Let's do this. You, me will be engaged. No big deal."

"Your point is?" Mark shows interest.

"We don't have to be like really in love to get married right? Come on, what century do you live in? We just-"

"Deal." Mark cuts her words.

"D- Wait, what? I haven't even said anything"

"Your idea is obvious. Let's not waste time on that."

"Well, glad you get what I meant. Haha..." Chaeyoung laughs awkwardly.

"Hope you make yourself invisible here." Mark said as he uses his thumb to push Chaeyoung's forehead and walked away.

 


The mansion Mark lives in is huge and luxurious. Ever since his parents went abroad for business matters, he lives alone. Mister Kim and his other maids would leave their master at 5 pm. In other words, he is used to be alone and he especially loves the privacy he had all this time.

Having a total stranger living with him would ruin everything.

He can't make out with girls in his own house. yeah kinda boy type.

Can't bring his friends over again since he doesn't want anyone to know about their relationship.

Can't even e peacefully. all boys do this.

And the fact that a guy and a girl living under the same roof. He can't be too sure if he'll do anything to her. He's still a guy after all. Pfft.

What's worse is that their rooms are just side to side. Any voice he made loud enough can be heard next door. Yes, their rooms are not really soundproof. But Mark didn't bother to tell Chaeyoung about it and tried to not make any sounds in his room. He thought he might get to know her better this way. Not that he wanted to, but just curious.

Mark lie flat on his bed and let out a long sigh. 

What could she be doing right now? He lean his ear near to the wall trying to hear something from the other room. 

"......" nothing was heard. Well, obviously. 

Mark's POV

I was curious. Why wouldn't I be? There is a girl probably my age, mature enough and actually hot enough right in my house. Not that I care but I'm a 18-year-old boy. I can't deny that she's pretty attractive. Milky white skin, long wavy hair, and the curve of her body is really something we boys like. Blame my erted thoughts and puberty.

I wonder if she's one of those girls who is into making out with any boys. If she is, I can actually have some fun nights with her. *evil smiles* 

It's currently 1 am in the morning. I toss and toss around my too-big-for-one-person-bed and try hard to get some sleep. 

*buzz* 

'Seoul High, tomorrow. The registration process is done. You just have to visit the faculty office. The engagement is made to have a partnership with HI Company. Both companies will benefit from this partnership. Big contract, No objection can be made. Have a good sleep.'  My dad's secretary texted me.

No surprise at all. I often get texts like this, consist only important information indirectly from my parents. The only surprise I got today is about the marriage. Gosh, they should've told me in advance for me to be prepared. Mentally prepared, of course.

I guess I'm transferring to her school tomorrow. 

 

 


 

A/N: Hey everyone! This is a new start for me to write a fanfic. I'm not good at writing and might have a lot of grammatical errors in every chapter, so please bear with me. 🙏🏻

Please give me your thoughts on this story.😊 Be harsh with your word when you criticize this story, I don't mind as I really need some opinion to improve.😁