Yoona's Inquiry

The Frog King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona’s home is similar to Hyoyeon’s in size but decorated in a different style. While Hyoyeon’s home is full of warm, earthly colours like cream and yellow, Yoona’s home has a lot more pink in it.

“Remember to keep the door and windows closed and the aircon on,” Yoona tells them as they walk to her room.

“Why?” Taeng asks, curious as usual.

“If everything is closed, no one will hear Prince barking.”

“Are you not allowed to keep pets too?”

“It’s my parents. And my neighbours’ kids are really pesky so if they hear a dog barking, they’ll wanna come over and play.” Yoona shudders. “Complete nightmare.”

“Oh . . .”

“Anyway,” Yoona stops by a white door with a big smile. “This is it.” She opens the door and slips in. Taeng follows and there is a scurry of paws on the marble floor before something small and white hurtles towards him.

“Prince,” says Taeng, squatting to welcome the dog into his arms. “Boy, I’ve missed you.” Prince Fluffy is a jumping, panting, mess and Taeng chuckles as he settles on the floor to play with the dog.

“So there’s been this weird dude in school saying hi to me and running away before I can even see his face properly,” Yoona starts saying.

“A dude?” Steph repeats.

“Yeah.”

“Which class is he from?”

“That’s the thing. I don’t know.”

“What does he look like?”

“He wears glasses. Black hair. Tall.”

“Girl, that’s like . . . half the guys in our school.”

“I know, but I never got to have a good look at him before.”

“Has he done anything to you?” Steph’s voice is hardening.

“No. Like I said, all he does is say hi. Then he’s off like Sooyoung after food.”

“That’s . . . harmless, I guess.”

“If he does it again, I’m gonna smack him.”

“Yeah, you do that. Don’t let him bother you.”

“I won’t.”

“Mmm, do you think he has a crush on you or something?”

“You think?”

“Maybe he has a crush on you but he’s too shy.”

Taeng looks up at the two girls wondering if he should say something. Seo had made threats. Serious threats. Well, not really threats, but Seo made him promise not to tell anyone. And what if his deductions are wrong? What if the guy isn’t Seo?

Steph turns to him suddenly. “What do you think, Taeng?”

Taeng blinks. “Huh?”

“Weren’t you listening to us?” Steph asks.

“I . . .”

“Yeah, you’re a guy. Tell us what you think,” Yoona chips in.

“Well, I dunno . . .”

“Have you had a crush on someone before?” Yoona asks with eyes wide open.

Taeng blushes. “I don’t know what having a crush is like.”

With a gasp, Yoona squats to meet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter