Going to School

The Frog King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your majesty, please reconsider your decision.”

The king pouts. “But I really, really wanna experience living like an ordinary person. And home schooling is way too boring at my age.”

The elder advisor sighs. “If this is what you really want, then this is what you shall get, my king.”

“Yay! I’ll start packing now,” the king cheers while clapping his hands in glee.

|\/\/|

“You must keep this an absolute secret. I am trusting you with my life—and the king’s life.”

The principal smiles. “Don’t worry. You can trust me to keep a secret. But if I were to keep this a secret, you can’t breathe down my neck every time something happens to your king. This is a high school after all.”

“Of course. I understand. I have explained it to the king as well, although I don’t think he truly understands.”

“Very well then. Your king will join us as an ordinary transfer student. We will say he is from another country—which isn’t technically a lie. Do we use his real name?”

The elder advisor nods. “Yes. His name isn’t uncommon so it shouldn’t be a problem.”

“Alright. Kim Taehyuk it is. How are his grades? If he is going to join us as an ordinary student, we can’t put him in the top class if his grades don’t meet the requirement. No special privileges.”

“The king isn’t expecting any special treatment. To be honest, he’s not the most brilliant student but he could probably just make it into the top class.”

“Send me his academic records and I’ll see what I can do.”

“Thank you. I appreciate it, Yongmin.”

“No problem.”

|\/\/|

“Principal Gim Yongmin.”

“Yes, you will be going to his school. Soo Man High. It is a private high school and you will be in a good class so you must study hard there.”

“I will. I promise I will be a good boy, Grandpa Kim.”

The elder advisor half chuckles and sighs. “You’re unstoppable. Don’t be too cheeky in this school. And please, don’t get into trouble.”

|\/\/|

That night, King Taehyuk lies awake in bed, excited and anxious for the morning to come. He can’t wait to see his new school and meet new friends. Hugging his favourite green peas bolster, he smiles as he closes his eyes. Sleeping will make the next morning arrive sooner.

|\/\/|

“Is that my new school?” Kim Taehyuk speaks into the headset’s microphone attached to his safety helmet.

The elder advisor looks down at the majestic buildings of copper-red bricks and nods. “Yes, my king, that’s your new school.”

“Wow, it looks great even from all the way up here.”

“It is very nice and grand. Some of the richest kids are studying in it so their parents contribute a lot of money to the school. So, are you sure you don’t want to land directly in your new school? It would be a nice entrance to make for a king.”

Kim Taehyuk shakes his head. “No. If I enter that way, everyone will know I’m someone special. I don’t want to attract that kind of attention.”

“As you wish, my king,” the elder advisor says with a sigh.

Kim Taehyuk pats his advisor’s arm. “Don’t worry, Grandpa Kim. I’ll take good care of myself in school. And I really will study hard.”

|\/\/|

Stepping out of his helicopter with his backpack, Kim Taehyuk takes a look around his surroundings. It is the nearest helipad to his new school but he still has to take a car to cover the rest of the way. He has other ideas about this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter