Protector

Ken Lee, Demon Hunter?

I was just at home, laying on my plush sofa when I noticed my phone light up. The notification was from none other than my boyfriend, Ken, and I couldn't help the grin that came upon my face.

"Hello?" I answered the call.

"Baby! I miss you, can I come over? I'll buy food~," he chirped.

"Yes Ken, of course," I chuckled, "you're always welcome. I was just watching reruns anyway."

After a bit of more mushy conversation, I left my spot on the couch to tidy up the house a little before his arrival. He'd driven over soon enough, greeting me with a bear hug the second I managed to open the door, kissing all over my face as I dragged him inside just enough to shut the door behind him. Something stood out to me however, it was his jacket.

"Babe, uh, not sure how to tell you this.. but I think you bought the wrong size," I joked.

"What, the hoodie?" Ken asked as he pointed to the red, front zip hoodie he was indeed wearing.

"It looks almost twice your size, why didn't you just get one that fits?" I tugged on the white strings of the hood playfully. "Or did you just want a baggy sweater?"

"Actually," he drags out the word as he slowly s and removes the sweater, "it's for you." Eyeing him with a curiously raised brow, I silently urged him to continue. "You know how you've been obsessing over InuYasha recently, sweetheart?"

"Of course love, why?" I have a good idea why, but I'd love to hear his explanation for this. So I kept baiting him to speak up.

"When we were watching the show last time, InuYasha gave Kagome his robe to protect her," Ken relayed.

"So is this supposed to be the Robe of the Fire Rat?" I had to contain a giggle that was dying to burst.

"Kinda," Ken gave me a lopsided grin, paired with his adorable eyesmile. "You seemed to find it cute, so I wanted to recreate it.. like our own little insider." His voice trailed off as suddenly his face drops.

"Ken, what is it?" I worriedly tug at his shirt. He looks down at me solemnly, placing the soft jacket over my shoulders and hugging me close. "Honey, you're scaring the life out of me.. what's wrong?" I crane my neck to look up at him as he smoothes a hand over my hair.

Leaning down by my ear he whispers, "I'll protect you, don't worry." I proceeded to freak out, thinking of what to do if there was a killer, or a robber in my house, or if there was a on the loose or... When I realized what Ken was doing, it dawned on me that I couldn't have been farther from the truth. This dork goes up to the closet in the hallway, and with a deadpan expression, pulls out of my old toy swords won at some arcade, warning me to stay behind him for safety.

Before I can begin to question his logic however, it all comes to light fairly quickly. "Hah, puny demon, you're no match for me! What is it you want, the jewel shards? Come at me, then! Tessaiga!" And with that he unsheathes the sword.. at my yipping little Pomeranian, barking along excitedly for playtime. This grown, nearly six foot man, was pretending a puppy was a demon, fighting it to protect me, sweater and all.

After the shock had worn off from thinking there was any real danger, I watched my goofball of a boyfriend and fluff of a pup chase each other around the living room, smiling at their antics. It wasn't long before I'd joined in as well, with my arms finally through the huge jacket sleeves, so it wouldn't fall off my now dwarfed form. It was velvety soft, though perhaps a bit thick, and smelled of what I can only describe as Ken. His favorite cologne and something sweet, leading me to think he was probably eating candy earlier, which could partially be the cause for his extra hyperness today.

Somewhere along our silly chase, I nearly trip over myself, and he manages to catch me, tossing me over his shoulder with a hearty laugh. My poor dog now exhausted and laying in his bed, Ken carries me back to the couch, positioning himself under me so we could cuddle.

"You're too cute for words, Ken Lee," I mumble contentedly into his chest.

"But you still give me a run for my money, cutie pie." I blushed at his words of endearment.

"Quick question. If you wanted to give me the sweater, why'd you wear it on your way over?"

"Because I wanted it to smell like me when I handed it over," Ken paused, "ok that and I wanted to do the whole dramatic demon fighting stunt I pulled," he confessed sheepishly.

"Dork," I muttered with a grin plastered to my face, knowing he could feel it rather than see it as I was still against his shirt, leaning up to place a kiss on his lips.

"No hard feelings?" I felt him mumble against my lips.

"None whatsoever, my love. In fact, I'm beyond grateful you went through all this trouble."

"It's no trouble if it's for you, my princess." He grabbed my hand and kissed it tenderly, making my heart melt knowing Ken truthfully meant his words.

I playfully shoved his shoulder once he'd let go, resting my face in the crook of his neck, feeling elated. "Whatta day, I got my own Robe and you managed to unsheathe Tessaiga," I joked.

"Does that make me your half demon?" He pulled back just to wink cheesily.

"Sure thing, as long as I'm your Kagome," I winked back.

"But what if I liked Kikyo," Ken teased, earning a glare before he laughed maniacally and apologized, hugging me tighter.

"Don't think I forgot, you promised you'd buy food," I pouted cutely, "how about we order Japanese?"

Ken snorted at my lame choice and pinched my nose before muttering "weeb" and kissing the tip. I yawned loudly, catching us both off guard. "How about we order after we take a nap?" Ken chuckled, did you stay up late last night? To which I nodded, busted, I'd stayed up late on the weird side of YouTube and reading clickbait articles I really should stop falling for.

With his beautiful, melodic voice, he sang me a lullaby, rubbing my back gently meanwhile. A soft tune and loving touch, sleep called out to me irresistibly. Engulfed by his scent and rhythmic heartbeat, I gave into the pull, and our demon slaying journey to Feudal Japan was put on hold. After all, even half demons need their beauty sleep.

 

 

 



___________________________________________________________________

Hello hello lovelies! Thank you so much for reading, and I'm sorry it took me so long to upload! I wrote it last week but got busy with school and dance practice...and then the new Overwatch event came out asfkhl. BUT TO MAKE UP FOR IT, I EDITED THE STORY AND TRIED TO MAKE IT EVEN BETTER/LONGER! ;;; So I really hope you all liked it, as I mentioned, InuYasha quite literally showed me a whole new world. Without it I wouldn't be the kpop weeb I am today xD
Wishing you all an amazing day, let me know in the comments if you liked it or didn't, constructive criticism is always welcome (just please don't be rude is all I ask :) if you noticed any typos, feel free to point em out and I'll fix em asap ^^;
My messages are always open, I don't bite~ Have any of you guys actually seen InuYasha before? Where are my fans at?!♥ Ugh I'd kill to have my own InuYasha or Kirara tbh xD
Alrighty that's enough outta me, I just got excited and rambled, all carried away. Best wishes, as always.


xoxo,
JJ