BEFORE

The darkness inside

taeyeons view

Taeyeon

Singing. Recording. Sleeping. And singing. That's what I do all day long. It's not like I don't have any hobbies, but singing is the only thing that doesn't make me feel empty inside. 

I'm lying in my bed and look at the clock. It's..9 am. I have to go to a meeting at out entertainment building in 2 hours because of something Lee SooMan wanted to talk to me about. Today our entertainment  announces the members for a new girlgroup. They want them to be a "new and better girls generation"...as if. However, the trainee girls are cute,maybe they'll become really big one day. My phone is ringing. " Hello." "Heyy TaeTae, are you up now?" It's tiffany. "Yeeeees, why?" I reply smiling. It's sweet that tiffany cares about me that much. "Just because I want you not to stay inside for the rest of the day" "well, it's 9am and I have a meeting so I'd go out anyway." I can't stop smiling. "Oookay, I just wanted to make sure you're socializing.TaeTae I gotta hang up." "Okay, bye." "Bye boo" she hangs up. Do I like Tiffany? Yes. Do I have a crush on her? Yes. Does she like me too? Yes, but not the way I like her. And she never will. I know that I'm attracted to girls since I'm a child. When I was younger I thought the feelings I felt were platonic but I was wrong. I've never been in love. Never. 

1 hour later.

I'm driving to the entertainment building. Face masks and hats are a must for me, so people don't recognize me. There are two trainees walking to the building. I only see them from behind. One of them is lami, who's been at the entertainment since she's a baby. I don't recognize the other one. I step out of the car and walk to Mr.Lee SooMans office. One of the staffs comes to me. "Hello ms. Kim Taeyeon. Mr. Lee SooMan wants you to wait for him inside of his office." "Oh, okay. Thank you" I bow,walk inside his office and sit down. After 15 minutes the door opens. " Taeyeon,thanks for coming." I stand up and bow. "Hello, what do you want to talk about." Both of us sit down. "Well. There is a trainee. Her name is choi NoRae. She's really talented,beautiful and has overflowing charisma." "Do you want to put her into the new girl group?" "At first we wanted to,but we're afraid that she would overshadow the other group members. The group wouldn't work out. Fans would be mad etc. So we want her to be a solo artist. We haven't debut a solo artist in years but it's a new era. " "That's great. I mean really great. But why did you call me?" "We want you to be her mentor. Your solo did better than anyone else's. You are the top Korean solo artist." "Mentor? How could I be her mentor. I mean, I can tell her to be aware of sasaeng fans but that's it." "I just want you to talk to her often. Tell her how to behave and show her how you feel being a solo artist and how to shine." I agree and walk out of the office. Well I don't "shine" but what's the worst case scenerio... 

I take the elevator so I can go home faster. Norae, Norae. It's a pretty name. I wonder what she looks like. The elevator door opens and my heart starts beating really fast. The first thing I saw after this silver elevator door were two beautiful black, huge eyes starring right Into my soul. I smile at the staff member next to the girl and say hello after walking away fastly. What was that? Is that what love feels like?