Order: 1 Soufflé

Check Please!

Jimin spent the rest of his day off resting and cleaning up his house and running errands. The day was rather cold and dull, so Jimin made sure he was quickly in and out of supermarket and up the stairs, thinking the movement up stairs would warm him.

He made it to the 4th floor landing and stomped the snow off his feet, bag full of groceries ripping and food tumbling to the floor. Jimin sighed and carded a hand through his hair, trying helplessly to gather the food and put it back in the bag. He looked up at the sound of a door clicking open and a similar voice,

“hey neighbor! Let me help you” Yoongi bent down and gathered the food up in his arms “want help getting inside?”

“sure,” Jimin said shivering “just put everything on the counter, I’ll put it rightfully away later”

He unlocked the door and put everything on the counter, stripping off the countess layers and sighing in relief, watching as Yoongi placed the rest on the countertop as well.

The older male watched as Jimin began picking up the materials and placing them in their designated spots, biting down on his knuckle as he watched Jimin struggle to put something on the top shelf.

“want me to do that?” Yoongi offered, giggling quietly

“N-no. Not really” Jimin strained

Yoongi sighed and walked over to Jimin, taking the jar from his hand and placing it on the top shelf, stopping and bringing it back down.

“cream of tartar? Dried mustard? Aren’t these used in Soufflés?”

Jimin chuckled and scratched he back of his head, “yea, I was going to try to make one. Would you like one? It shouldn’t be that difficult”

Yoongi played along “excuse me! Waiter! One cheese soufflé please!”

Jimin laughed “ya ya ya, put the rest of the food away and I’ll start” Jimin instructed “then just sit at the counter and watch”

Which Yoongi did happily, watching intensely as Jimin whipped the egg whites and transferred everything over, adding the rest of the ingredients. Plopping it into a bowl, wiping his finger around the edge to clean it up and popping his finger in his mouth, humming happily. He slid the dish into the oven and threw the towel over his shoulder, leaning on the counter and looking at Yoongi with a smile.

“first off, isn’t it bad to eat a raw egg?” Yoongi sighed as Jimin shrugged with an oh well “second, why are you only a waiter with those skills? You could be a chef”

“I work so much in hopes to get a raise to be a chef hopefully, I love that restaurant and all their dishes…” Jimin sighed dreamily and dozed off “I went to culinary school and finished, I should do something more but I can’t find a job anywhere”

Yoongi shrugged “you’ll do just fine anywhere you go,” he smiled warmly “also, those smell fantastic!” Yoongi hopped out of his seat and went over to the oven, peaking into the window and humming happily “you’re to sweet to be doing this, I really owe you”

Jimin stepped back as Yoongi turned around, coming awfully close face to face, the two coughed and looked down at their feet, laughing as Yoongi shimmied his way out. Jimin pulled out the tray from the oven, giggling as Yoongi commented fancy cooking glove.

Jimin handed Yoongi the soufflé and watched as Yoongi took up the spoon handed to him and dug in, blowing off the steam and taking the first bite, a smile of pure happiness spreading across his lips. He quickly scooped out another spoonful and blew it off, pushing the spoon in Jimin's direction.

“don’t you want some?” Yoongi sighed as Jimin shook his head it’s for you “you made it! Come on, one bite” Yoongi once again pushed the spoon in closer, biting his lip and smiling as Jimin took the spoonful and chewed happily.

“Don’t you like it?” Jimin asked and wiped away the crumbs from around his lips

“I do,” Yoongi shoveled another spoonful into his mouth, “It’s fantastic, fhankyou” Yoongi laughed, covering his mouth with his hand

Jimin chuckled and looked at his clock “I hate to like force you to leave but-”

“But it’s exactly what you’re doing cause it’s late” Yoongi sighed as Jimin shook his head and shuttered trying find an answer “it because you have work tomorrow?”

Jimin nodded and began cleaning up the kitchen, whining as Yoongi nudged him out of the way.

“you’ve done so much for me, I’ll do this, you get ready for bed and once I’m done, I’ll leave” Jimin sighed fine “thank you, now go get ready for bed”

Jimin walked down the hall to head to the bathroom, taking a step back to look at Yoongi washing the dishes and moving about the kitchen to clean up. He couldn’t help but smile and walk off, shaking his head.

Jimin stepped out of the shower and quickly changed to walk out into the living room, looking around for Yoongi. Pouting as he saw no sight of him, he turned off the lights and double checked the front door, picking up the small post it note left on it.

“you’ve got quite the skill, I’m impressed. I’ll see you tomorrow, maybe introduce the soufflé at work! I’m sure it’ll do great, and if not, I’ll eat it everyday till it does

-Yoongi”

Jimin smiled, his eyes crinkling up as he held the note to his chest cutely and walked back into his bedroom, sticking it on the wall by his bed and slipping in against the smooth satin sheets. Grumbling to himself as he reached down into his bed and pulled out his bundled up work pants from underneath the covers, throwing them to the floor and nestling under the sheets.