Order: 2 Americanos

Check Please!

Jimin frequently worked the night shifts, it was easier for him considering he was quite the night owl, so when the alarm clock chimed… Jimin groaned, rolling over in bed and practically slamming the off bottom. He rolled onto his back and rubbed his eyes, yawning and sitting up to toss himself out of bed. Fixing up the covers and opening the blinds, welcoming the warm yellow sunlight into his room to nurture him and his countless plants that decorated the floor and walls. He shuffled into the joined bathroom and flipped on the light, looking at himself in the mirror and slapping himself on the cheek once wake up! He the water and leaned on the sink, sighing before taking up the icy water into his hands and splashing his face.

“good morning!” He said to himself ironically “What time is it again?” he looked at the clock across the way in his bedroom, “4:45,” He grumbled to himself “Great”

Throwing his shirt and smock into the wash down the hall, he walked aimlessly to the kitchen, mindlessly taking out a banana and peeling it, and before he knew it, the banana was finished and so were his clothes.

Quickly changing in and out of his clothes and slipping on his shoes and jacket he raced out the door, muttering to himself and reopening the door to grab his coffee and rushing back out, cursing to himself as he opened the door a third time and swiped his keys off the counter. He locked the door and walked down the apartment hall, pressing the button on the elevator and practically jumping in place as it slowly dinged its way up to the fourth floor.

“Come on!” Jimin pressed the down button hurriedly,

Cheering under his breath as the doors clicked open and he stepped inside, pressing the close doors button erratically, a sigh of relief passing his lips as it closed and made its descent down the floors. He checked himself out on the reflective walls of the elevator, quickly stepping back and clearing his throat as the elevator came to a stop and the doors opened- on the 2nd floor. Jimin began to walk out, thinking it was his floor but he was greeted with a wave of people, maybe at least 10 waiting to getting to work in just a hurry as Jimin was. He was pushed back into the corner of the elevator; couldn’t these people just take the stairs?! He tried to broaden himself out a bit, hoping that people would step back and away but it was no use. Thankfully it was the second floor and not the third, Jimin didn’t know how much longer he could take being crammed in that elevator!

The doors open and the people flooded out into the lobby before pushing out the front doors and going their separate ways on the streets of Daegu, and Jimin was one of them.

_

He pushed past the restaurant doors and quickly made his way to clock in, putting on his smock and taking the shift at the “bar” (as they liked to call in it the morning and the “counter” at night) He leaned against the counter, elbow slipping out from underneath him as he slowly started to fall asleep before another annoying chime filled the air. Jimin shook himself and brushed off his smock,

“Good morning! What would you like?” Jimin lethargically pulled out his notepad and readied himself to write, pleasantly shocked as he looked up at the individual “Oh, you’re the guy from yesterday!”

The male smiled and shrugged playfully “Min Yoongi, I’m that guy! Can I just get two Americanos, I’m beat and I need some caffeine”

Jimin nodded, moving to turn directly around and hand off the order and have it immediately handed to him

“Tah dah” Jimin said cheerfully, laughing slightly

Yoongi smiled, taking one Americano for himself and sliding the other over to Jimin

“Is something wrong with it?” Jimin asked, he then began inspecting the mug and smelling the coffee “There’s nothing wrong with it”


“That’s right silly, I bought the other one for you! You look so tired, you worked late last night and they have you working early this morning, you poor thing” Yoongi cooed “I mean it, please, take the coffee. Hopefully you’ll get off work early today” Yoongi smiled as Jimin took a sip of the coffee, his face scrunching up

“It’s a touch too bitter” Jimin laughed “What do you do? Why are you up so early?”

Yoongi brought his finger up to aimlessly circle around the rim of the mug “I uh- I’m a CEO. I honestly just do lots of paperwork, I’d rather be doing what you do- actually up and moving rather than sitting at a desk all day”

Jimin nodded, giving Yoongi a small “mhm” in response

“but never the less, it’s good- it’s ok” Yoongi corrected and looked down at his watch “I’ve got to go but thank you”

“No no no, thank you” Jimin smiled and raised up his mug of coffee as Yoongi stood up

“You’re cute, have a good day” Yoongi smiled and slipped $20 onto the counter and walked out.

_

Jimin worked tirelessly for the rest of the day, serving table after table and picking up cash like it was going out of style, he guessed his charming and good looks payed off. Seeing Yoongi that early in the morning really brightened his day and made him happier, he didn’t feel so tired; or maybe that was just the Americano. Right around 5pm is when Jimin started to slow down and unfortunately, he still had 3 hours till the end of the work day, that’s when he showed up.

“Hi! How can I help you?” Jimin’s voice came to a dying end as he noticed Yoongi siting at the table; table 5.

“2 Americanos” Yoongi said plainly, thanking Jimin as he quickly came back with the coffee “Sit down with me would you please?”

Jimin pulled up a chair and sat down as instructed, waving a hand to the kitchen in the back and smiled as he was given the nod of approval.

“You’re still here?” Yoongi said baffled, sipping his coffee

“Yea, I wanted to see you so I stayed, you come here every day, you’re all everyone ever talks about” Jimin leaned in closely “They find it nice but also kinda weird, haven’t you tasted everything here already?”

Yoongi shrugged and sipped his coffee, eyeing Jimin over the brim “Not everything, there are things I’ve yet to try and also don’t want to try…Say, leave early. I can drive you home, please, my treat”

Jimin shook his head “It’s fine, my walk isn’t far, it’s like only 15 minutes”

“In the dark? Every night?!” Yoongi scoffed as Jimin nodded “You’re coming with me and leaving early, excuse me! Manager! I’d like to speak to the manager!” Yoongi called out, waving the manager over to his table, shushing Jimin as he repeated oh no under his breath.

“This young man,” Yoongi motioned to Jimin across from him “Works so hard, it would be fantastic if you let me treat my friend to a ride home early, you see he’s so tired and doesn’t have the energy to walk home tonight”

The manager nodded dumbfounded “As you wish, is that right Jimin?”

Jimin looked up at his manager and nodded slowly, his head in his hands and his eyes swollen with lack of sleep. Jimin watched as his manager walked away and Yoongi stood up, staring down at Jimin and smiling,

“Come on sleepy” Yoongi chuckled as Jimin pushed himself up from the table “get your things and I’ll drive you home, ok?”

Jimin nodded once again, too tired to actually speak. He clocked out and grabbed his bag, smiling slightly as he saw Yoongi leaning against the wall with a cool guy posture. Jimin walked up to him and hummed happily as Yoongi threw his jacket over his shoulders and ushered him outside, keeping Jimin close to him as they walked over to Yoongi’s car. Jimin shuffled over to the passenger door and tugged on the handle impatiently, whining as Yoongi playfully only unlocked the driver’s side and then Jimin’s no shorter.

Jimin took his spot and did everything he needed to

“Where do you live?”

“58th street, apt. 28, 4th floor. If you just walk me to the lobby, I can make it upstairs”

“No kidding, I live in the 26th room, same floor” Yoongi chuckled

Jimin leaned his head against the window and sighed, fighting to keep his eyes open as Yoongi drove the two of them home, the city lights painting streaks across Yoongi’s face every time Jimin looked over at him. It was almost ethereal, the way some rays stayed stagnant on Yoongi’s lips and one down Yoongi’s right eye, complimenting the color of his eye and skin beautifully.

_

Yoongi practically dragged Jimin upstairs “come on dead weight, help me a bit” Yoongi huffed, half chuckling as Jimin whined and walked a touch faster down the hall “Just stay at my place, it’s closer and you won’t smack down face first onto the floor as soon as you walk in, you don’t have work tomorrow do you?”

Jimin shook his head and yawned

“neither do I, this’ll work out perfectly” Yoongi searched for his keys in his pocket, swearing as he felt nothing “I forgot my house key at work!”


Jimin stood upright and gathered the last bit of energy he had to sift his pocket and find his key, dragging his feet over to his door and unlocking it with ease. He tossed Yoongi’s jacket back at him as he walked over.

“Just-just stay here, I’ll go to the front desk tomorrow morning” Jimin yawned and shuffled inside, taking off his shoes and making a direct line for the bedroom before tossing off his shirt onto the floor and undoing the button on his pants to fall down onto the bed lifelessly.

Yoongi shook his head chuckling and shut the door leading to Jimin’s bedroom, leaving it ajar. He locked the front door and moved to the couch, laying down and throwing his jacket over himself and sighing before he too fell asleep. You could say the Americanos didn’t really do much come that hour.

Yoongi woke up to the sound of Jimin’s 6am alarm going off, he couldn’t begin to imagine how loud it was in Jimin’s room and as to why Jimin woke up so early, even on the weekends. He rubbed his eyes as he shuffled into jimin’s room and quietly as possible, and pressed the snooze button. He looked over at Jimin on the bed, his hair a blonde mess and his sheets just as messy, he couldn’t help but smile as he tried to maneuver the countless plants on the floor, so help him god if one fell over. He stood back against the wall to watch as Jimin slept, completely unbothered by the ruckus that no earlier ensued.

-

“It’s about time you woke up” Yoongi chuckled as Jimin walked out of his bedroom, his eyes squinting in the sunlight “It’s 10 am,” Yoongi said plainly

“What time did you wake up?” Jimin scratched his head and went to the fridge, sighing as he noticed “You went out and got americanos and donuts?” Jimin turned around, shaking his head and smiling

Yoongi shrugged “I was up so- I thought why not”

Jimin sighed and sat down at his counter, poking the straw through the lid of the americano and taking a sip, hungrily biting into his donut. He looked around the apartment to avoid Yoongi’s stare, “you and you’re americanos, truly a businessman” Jimin chuckled

“What can I say, also I went down to the front desk and they gave me my spare key, we’re all good now”

Jimin nodded, stuffing his cheeks with more donut and coffee as he watched Yoongi pick up his things as he readied himself to leave. Jimin quickly stood up from the counter and tugged on Yoongi’s sleeve, trying with all his might to finish his donut in order to speak properly “thank you for dealing with me and making an effort to welcome me to your home when I could barely make it to mine”

“it’s honestly no big deal, don’t worry about it, it’s my pleasure” Yoongi smiled and pat the youngers head, smiling as the youngers head bowed down and he giggled.