Reckless.

My life was hell but with you, I'm starting to know what heaven feels like.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My mother died at childbirth.

My father never had time for me. 

All the kids at my school had their fathers with them while mine never showed up.

That's why I'll never know what or how parential love feels like. 

His words are still inside of my head. He must have felt very lonely and sad when he was young. I felt this sadness when his was telling me about all those things he had experienced when he was young; for a little boy to not have his father near him when he needed them the most is just cruel and for a father to not have a little ounce of time for his son it's just not right. How can his father not have time for his own son? Doesn't he have any day off's or couldn't he just rearranged his schedule so that he would have time for his own son? If I were someone's mother then I would most definitely give time to my child if they want me or need me, I would never do the things Seulgi's father did to his own son. I realize that the thought of his father neglecting his own son makes me somewhat mad and why am I getting mad at his father for? When I've never met the man before, I guess I'm mad because of how a little boy only wanted nothing but his father to give him time but the father didn't.

"Unnie!" Jieun shouts making me come back to reality.

"What!?" I abruptly turn to face her.

"What were you thinking about?" 

"Nothing." I mutter.

"Ok then if you say so." She says and went back to doing her tasks. I let out a sigh, I shouldn't be thinking about him right now and most importantly why am I thinking about him? Get back to work Bae. 

I get back to work and try to not think about any other stuff aside from my duty at the moment. There's a steady flow of customers coming in and out,  Jieun and I become busy serving and taking orders from the customers. Thank god it isn't as busy as yesterday's service, customers just kept coming in constantly and they didn't give the both of us any time to take a breath. It was definitely tiring yesterday but with the help of our teamwork, there wasn't really anything to worry about yesterday and I was surprised that Jieun didn't complain at all about being tired and breathless since I saw her doing so many things at the same time.

I was totally impressed of her, she didn't complain even a little a bit while I did, just a little, about how there were so many customers and how they were all up in my face telling me their orders. I would want to have a sister like Jieun but I already have a sister who's completely different from me. We both say goodbye to the last customer of the hour and we both exhale loudly.

"Tired Unnie?" 

"Somewhat."  She giggles.

"Same unnie." We both lean against the counter and suddenly my phone rings, I take it out and glance at the caller ID.

"What?" I ask

"Woah, grandma chill."

"What do you want?" 

"Haven't you eaten?" 

"No." I answer shortly.

"Ok then be there in a minute." The person says then hangs up. I look at the phone in confusion and shrug. I put the phone back in the bag.

"Who was that unnie?" 

"Someone who likes you." 

"Unnie." She pouts and I pinch her cheeks.

"They're bringing us food." 

"Really!?" Jieun exclaims in excitement.

"Yes." I smile at her.

"Good unnie cause right now I can eat a cow." Jieun exaggerates making me chuckle at her.

"Wait a little bit ok, they'll be here in a minute." 

"Ok unnie." She beams.

-

"Jieun-ah! Can you see what's wrong with the cash register I can't do anything." I say feeling a bit anxious.

"Let me look." Jieun says then takes a look at it.

I bit my nails in anxiety as I'd broke the dang thing. I didn't even do anything why did it just went out?

"Oh! unnie the plug is out." Jieun says as she holds up the plug. She then plugs it back into the socket.

"See unnie there's nothing wrong with it." Jieun says and I sigh of relieves 

"So nothings wrong with it?" I ask

"Yes, there's nothing wrong with it." She assures me. Silly me the plug had just fallen out of its socket that's it inhale exhale Bae there's nothing to worry about. "Unnie? Hello? " Jieun waves a hand in front of my face. I shake my head a bit just to come back to reality.

"Yeah? " 

"You were spacing out. " She says.

"Oh." I mumble. Suddenly the bells above the door clings, we both turn our head to the sound and we're both welcomed by a figure walking in with bags in their hands. 

"Unnie!" The person shouts.

"Joy-ah!" Jieun says. 

"Joy." I say lifelessly.

"Can you be a bit more lively than this? " She places a hand on her hips and that doesn't intimidate me one bit.

"No." I firmly say and she clicks her tongue.

 "You're so mean you know that like I brought food for you and no thank you's at all how nice. " Joy says. 

"I'm sorry Joy-ah thank you for the food." Jieun smiles and pats Joy's head.

"Thanks. " I roll my eyes.

"Here are your meals." Joy says as she proceeds to hand out our meals. "Here you go Jieun unnie." Joy hands Jieun her meal and smiles lovingly at her making me shake my head in disbelieve.

"Thanks Joy-ah" Jieun says.

"And here's your meal Bae. I brought you fish vegetables and whole grains because it's good to eat these when you're old and fragile so I being the good civilian I am, I decided to buy you a special meal for your as your life would probably be extended a little bit more. Enjoy. " Joys says smiling evilly making me throw her daggers.  I'll get you one day Satan.

"Thanks." I say bitterly.

"Here is mine." Joy says taking out her own meal.

"Come let's dig in." I exclaim.

We three start to dig in our meal and none of us are uttering any words to each other, it has become a normal thing for us to not speak a word to each other when there's food in front of us. I glance up and the two of them are busy stuffing their faces with food, I inwardly chuckle at the two of them. They both somehow do go well with each other eventhough they are the total opposite from each other; Jieun's an absolute angel while Joy's the complete devil itself and along side with her duo. I don't really understand why Jieun isn't in a relationship yet? The girl is such a sweetheart and men should be lining up just to take her out for a nice date but sadly there's none. I bet her parents are trying to set her up with a great guy but maybe she doesn't want one or she isn't interested, maybe. We all our plates clean in a short amount of time and I reckon that the two of them are completely stuffed judging by the way they ate including myself.

"Oh! Unnie I'm so full." Jieun exclaims.

"Same here unnie." Joy adds.

"Me three." I add as well. "Do you have anything to tell me?" I blurt out.

"What?" Joy asks.

"I asked if you have anything to tell me."  

"I don't know what you're talking about." 

"I'm not dumb here I know you can't possibly come here and just bring us food. You have something to tell me now spill the beans." I demand crossing my arms against my chest.

"Fine sherlock you seem to know me so well, yes I do have something to tell you." Joy confesses. Just as I thought.

"What do you want to tell me?" 

"Ok, you see we haven't had a girls's night out and so... 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter