Grocery shopping with 96 line

Seventeen Adventures - kids version
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“96 line, can you guys go to the grocery store and do our weekly shopping?” Seungcheol called from the kitchen. “There’s nothing in this house, and I don’t trust anyone else to go. You all are a year younger than me, but I trust you guys a bit more than the other line. I mean, look at them…”

 

They knew Seungcheol didn’t mean anything when he made that comment. Mingyu and Minghao were in their argument mode over Super Mario cart, with something about cheating, winning or losing (something along those lines), while the gag trio were doing what they did best – making jokes and trying to entertain Vernon and Dino.

 

The 96 line were made up of the normal ones, well most normal of the group; Jun was calm and despite coming from China, he was adept in Korean. He did go crazy with his snacks at the grocery store, but better that than what the others do. Wonwoo was more quiet and read books mostly, but he did get the task done when needed. He did somehow always get roped with Jun into doing something crazy, but that’s what best friends were for. Hoshi, was less energetic (key word: less) without the other 2/3 of the Gag Trio. He was serious when needed and could be counted on as the middleman between the hyungs and dongsaengs. Woozi was very similar to Wonwoo except he wasn’t composed when someone messed with him, but he was very serious when something needed to be done.

 

“Sure, hyung. Do you have a list of what you want us to get?” Woozi said. (Wonwoo was busy trying to rally Jun and Hoshi back to the front door so that they can all pay attention. Apparently, Jun and Hoshi overhead something cool and ran towards the argument involving what they heard.) “I’ll handle the list and make sure Wonwoo and I have Jun and Hoshi in line.”

 

“Ok Woozi. If anything, threaten Junnie and Hoshi that you won’t buy them snacks if they don’t calm down. That usually does it, especially to Junnie who’s notorious for loving his snacks.” Jeonghan said.

 

At the mention of snacks/no snacks, Jun slide to the front door almost slamming Jeonghan to the wall. “What is this I hear about no snacks for Junnie?!”

 

“Junnie, make sure you’re good and I’ll let Woozi and Wonwoo know that you can pick out about 3-4 snacks for yourself Ok?” Joshua calmly said to Jun while steadying Jeonghan.

 

Jun pouted, he loved his snacks and was always a good boy. Except for sometimes, but those were exceptions. “Yes, hyung. I’ll be good and get the groceries with the others. I’ll even watch over them as the oldest in the 96 line!” Jun saluted.

 

Everyone chuckled at Junnie, but didn’t deny his right as the oldest of the 96 line.

 

“Ok, go to the mart now. And remember, get the necessities first and then see what snacks you can to share.” Seungcheol reminded them.

 

“Yes Hyung. See you all later~” 96 line exclaimed while leaving.

 

On the way to the mart, interesting scenarios ensue

 

“Junnie, Hoshi, let’s walk on the sidewalk and not on the ledge. You’ll both get hurt.” Wonwoo tried to reason with them. “And Junnie no martial arts please, you’ll hurt yourself! Hoshi, no dancing so suddenly, we can dance at home.”

 

Wonwoo was having the time of his life… he could barely control them and Woozi gave up after the first couple of minutes. Time for a drastic shock then.

 

“Junnie, no snacks for you! Hoshi too. Only Woozi and I will get snacks.” Wonwoo hated to do this to them, especially to Jun who loved snacks, but they weren’t listening.

 

They did stop after that. Tried to use the puppy eyes on him, but he won’t break. They didn’t listen to Woozi or him. And he didn’t want either of his friends to get hurt while shopping.

At the mart (…finally, Wonwoo never thought he would be so happy to go shopping!)

 

“Wonwoo, take Hoshi with you to shop for this part of the list and I’ll take Junnie. Junnie and his puppy eyes are deadly and I’ll be able to resist more. Same with you for Hoshi. Gotta separate them now before we can never buy anything.” Woozi said handing the bottom half of the list to Wonwoo.

 

“Ok, meet you in snack aisle when we’re done.” Wonwoo said.

 

Wonwoo POV

 

“Wonwon, can I get this? No? How about this then? No?! But this is on sale, but 3 get 1 for free! That’s basically 4 items for each of us to share and eat on the walk home. Wonwon? Come oonnnnnnnnnn~” Hoshi whined with puppy eyes. He’s literally stopped every minute when he saw a sale or something he wanted. At this rate, will they every finish?

 

“How about this, I’ll let you pick out one item for now so that we can finish this list. Once we finish it, we can walk around the store/snack aisle and you can chose something else if you want. How does that sound?” he reasoned. (Wonwoo felt proud of himself, he’d make a great parent in the future with his negotiation skills he’ll have obtained negotiating with Hoshi and Jun :D)

 

“REALLY?!! YOU MEAN IT WONWOO?!! OK, I WILL BE RIGHT BACK; I SAW SOMETHING BACK THERE FOR ALL OF US!! STAY RIGHT HERE, DO NOT MOVE!” Hoshi screamed with excitement.

 

Wonwoo tried to hide from embarrassment… Hoshi basically was a child and so was Wonwoo. Why did Wonwoo have to pair with Hoshi, with Junnie he was quiet and had the silent puppy eye moves?

 

Hoshi rushed back with 4 packs of snacks in his hand. And Wonwoo couldn’t stay mad, Hoshi really thinks of them all. He wanted the sale so that all of them could have the snacks without someone being left out.

 

“Ok, let’s get back to buying all this stuff. It’s a lot, and we can’t be gone too long before the hyungs worry about us. Let’s hurry so we can go back to Junnie and Woozi.” Wonwoo said.

 

“Ok, let’s hurry! Junnie and Woozi must be done and are lonely waiting for us at the snack aisle. And we can’t keep Junnie waiting too long. We know how he is, he’s a kitten after all.” Hoshi said fondly of Junnie and Woozi.

 

And so they quickly went through their items. They didn’t have any more stops or wants because Hoshi was satisfied with getting some snacks. He didn’t complain, and went to get everything that was needed when Wonwoo aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter