Sequel

Not your average vampire fic

Taehyung was actually excited for his 'date' with Jungkook.

The vampire was unlike anyone he had ever met (which may have been due to him being a vampire) and Taehyung really wanted the 'date' to go well.

He also loved how easily the two fell into a sort of banter, usually it took at least a week of knowing him for people to understand Taehyung and his sense of humour.

But Jungkook just seemed to... Get him.

When the next day dawned (a monday) he set about his business as usual, going to a dead end 9-5 job that he had no interest in just so he could pay the bills.

But that day he had something to be excited about.

As soon as the clock on his desk ticked to 12 he rushed out of the building for his 30 minute lunch break.

Once in the graveyard he looked around (paying special attention to the trees) for Jungkook.

His heart felt slightly heavier as he noticed he wasn't there.

Sighing he headed to the tree Jungkook had fell out of the day before.

There was only a black cloak laying on one of the branches (Taehyung didn't remember him wearing it the day before so it must be what Jungkook used as a blanket, which felt altogether very cute).

He sighed again and sat down on the grass, leaning his back against the tree's trunk.

A few minutes pass and Taehyung began to shiver.

He had decided against bringing his coat since it had been so hot the previous day, but mother nature decided to make that day much colder and grey.

And especially since he was now also in the shade, he was really regretting his decision.

A few more minutes pass, and Taehyung was just about ready to give up.

He only had a short amount of time before he had to get back to his work, and he still hadn't gotten his caffeine fix or a substantial meal.

He then suddenly heard the sound of large boots on concrete.

Or, more specifically, large boots on the concrete path of the graveyard.

Or, even more specifically, Jungkook's large boots on the concrete path of the graveyard.

Said Jungkook was panting for breath slightly, clutching what looked like a daffodil.

He spotted Taehyung and ran towards him.

'I am so so sorry I was just looking for flowers... This but I couldn't find any, well I found this rose bush but the old lady chased me away from them holding this spoon and to be honest I know I shouldn't have been that scared but she actually looked like she might eat people for fun... I mean I'm a vampire so I shouldn't be disgusted by that but-'

'Jungkook! It's fine! I wasn't waiting that long and... it's sweet that you wanted to get me flowers you really didn't have to' Taehyung mumbled the last bit, blushing slightly.

Jungkook handed him the crumpled and withered looking daffodil (turns out it was a daffodil, just not what a daffodil should look like).

The sad flower looks pretty pitiful in Taehyung's hands but he grins widely anyway.

'So... You wanna go for this.. Thing?' Taehyung asks, unsure whether saying 'date' was too forward.

'Yes!' Jungkook said enthusiastically. 'Let me just bring my flask.'

'Flask?' Taehyung frowned in confusion. 'You a secret alcoholic or something?'

'No it's just... Lunch?'

'Oh.' Taehyung's eyes widened in realisation. 'Oh! That's um yeah... You're just gonna bring that to a public place?'

'Are you food shaming me?'

'Maybe a little bit...' Taehyung grinned. 'But you gotta admit that's kinda a gross thing to bring on a da- lunch thing'

'You want me to get so hungry I start peoples necks in front of you?' Jungkook was also smiling broadly.

'Dude no ew...' Taehyung glanced at his watch and saw they only had 15 minutes left. 'Come on, we gotta be quick'

They rounded the corner and entered one of Taehyung's favourite cafes.

Taehyung ordered a small coffee and a sandwich, whilst Jungkook said he'd be 'fine with just water'.

'You can't just order water...' Taehyung muttered to him as they picked out one of the tables and sat down to eat.

'I don't have any money, plus I brought my own lunch remember?'

'Don't remind me'

'Why are you so disgusted by it I mean, some of you eat your meat raw or when it's practically dripping in blood?'

'Not me!' Taehyung said through a mouthful of sandwich. 'And I'm not disgusted it's just... Kinda gross'

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders and hastily pulled out his flask, nervously looking around before taking a swig.

Taehyung watched as Jungkook gulped down the blood, a small dribble of it being left on the side of his mouth.

'Um you've got a little bit of...' Taehyung indicated to his mouth.

'Oh... Is it gone?' Jungkook wiped at the opposite side.

'Uh no it's the other side like no up a bit no that's your cheek no look let me...' Taehyung leaned over, ready to wipe the blood away.

He paused and sat back down.

'I would wipe it in a oh-so-cliche way but... I'm still kinda grossed out'

Jungkook's expression became slightly disappointed, causing Taehyung to grab his napkin and dab at the corner of his mouth.

'There...' He said awkwardly, feeling slightly better since Jungkook looked happy again. 'I just realised I haven't seen your... You know whats?'

'...Balls?'

Taehyung burst out into laughter at the sincerity of Jungkook's voice.

'No doofus your... Fangs' He leaned in closer and lowered his voice as he said the last word.

'Ohh that makes more sense... I suppose um did you want to?'

Taehyung nodded slightly too eagerly.

'Ok um lean in more so no one else sees them'

Taehyung leaned in closer to Jungkook, as the latter glanced around nervously.

'Ok...'

Taehyung turned his attention to Jungkook's mouth as he saw the fangs grow from behind his 'human' teeth.

His eyes went wide in shock.

'Wow that's awe-'

'Is everything ok with your food?'

Both men jerked their heads to the member of staff currently looking at them nervously.

Taehyung instinctively covered Jungkooks mouth with his hand, though this only ended in more disaster as Taehyung had forgot he was holding his sandwich.

'We're... Fine... thanks...' He said slightly breathlessly.

Jungkook said something that was vaguely 'we're good' although it was muffled by sandwich.

The other person looked between them in mild confusion and disbelief before giving them a weak smile and leaving.

Taehyung sighed in relief and removed the sandwich from Jungkook's mouth.

'I hope you didn't dribble any of your gross blood juices on my sandwich' Taehyung muttered whilst inspecting said sandwich.

'There wouldn't be any 'blood juices' if you hadn't shoved a sandwich in my face' Jungkook retorted.

'Well I'm sorry for trying to prevent someone from being traumatised by you Mr Fangy McFang.' Taehyung said sarcastically.

'Fangy McFang?' Jungkook repeated with a snort. 'That's real inventive Taehyung'

'Thankyou'

'...I was being sarcastic'

'I know' Taehyung laughed. 'Your you-know-what's aren't what I expected...'

'What did you expect?'

'I don't know? Smaller? Less round maybe?'

'You still talking about teeth'

Taehyung flicked Jungkooks nose with a playful grin.

'You're gross' He glanced at his watch and sighed as it was almost 12:30. 'I've gotta go'

Jungkook's face fell.

'Oh... It's not because of me is it?'

'Oh god no of course not! I've just gotta go to work...' Taehyung shoved the remainder of the sandwich into his mouth and started speaking again. 'I finish at 5 though we could meet up again then if you'd like?'

(Except when he said this 40% of the sandwich flew out of his mouth and almost hit Jungkook in the eye).

Jungkook nodded.

'Sure! I'll try and find you some proper flowers this time' Jungkook followed Taehyung out of the cafe. 'Even if that involves stealing them from that evil old lady...'

'You don't need to get me flowers... Especially if they're stolen from some kind of cannibal witch... You could make me a daisy chain though? That'd look cute on you... I mean me it'd look cute on me since it's for me but um...' Taehyung scratched his nose.

They had returned to the graveyard, under 'their' tree again.

The wind had picked up a bit and made Taehyung shiver slightly.

'You ok?' Jungkook asked with concern.

'Yeah I'm fine... I really gotta be heading back though...' He sighed deeply. 'I may hate my job but I hate the idea of homelessness more'

He realised the slight insensitivity of his joke moments too late, but thankfully Jungkook didn't seem to care and just giggled along with him.

Bidding farewell, Taehyung returned to the office.

He was a few minutes late (his boss reminded him of that at least 4 times that afternoon) but he couldn't find it in him to care.

5pm rolled on quickly and their second 'date' of the day started of significantly better than the first.

Although Taehyung was wary of the rose Jungkook presented him (though the latter insisted it was stolen from a different garden, Taehyung didn't quite believe him).

'How did you get the blood into he flask?' He asked Jungkook suddenly as they leant on 'their' tree in the graveyard.

'With extreme difficulty'

'I'm imagining it's something like milking a cow? Except.. Not really anything like that?' Taehyung wrinkled his nose slightly at the thought.

'Now who's being gross'

'Have you always been homeless?'

'What is this, 30 questions?' Jungkook joked.

'20 questions.'

'What?'

'The expression is 20 questions cos that's the game... And I'm just curious!'

'Oh well in that case yes... I've been a vampire since birth so it's all I've ever known... A common mistake people make is they presume we all were humans at one point but most other vamps I've met were all born this way...' Jungkook picked a petel off of the rose currently in Taehyung's grip and balanced it delicately on his nose. 'We have no choice in what we are... And we definitely wouldn't wanna inflict this on anyone else... Well... Most of us wouldn't...'

He trailed off before huffing slightly in a laugh, making the rose petel fall of his nose.

'I'm not complaining or anything you know' He continued, now looking at Taehyung. 'I couldn't imagine being anyone or anything else... I never understand humans obsession with wanting to be someone they're not, just so they could be more popular or something... If you can't be you and you can't do what you love then what's the point in anything? I enjoy eating blood (Taehyung may have twitched slightly at this) and talking to myself or insects and just being around nature at night and sleeping in trees... And if that makes me odd then so be it, you know?'

Taehyung nodded.

'Yes! I agree there have been so many times I've tried to be someone I'm not, just so I would appear 'normal' and it took me so long to realise 'normal' wasn't making me happy... Sometimes theorising and believing in crazy impossible things is just fun... And it makes a change from those people who believe in nothing and just exist for the sake of existing...'

They both stayed in contemplative silence for a moment.

'I'm going to quit my job...' Taehyung said slowly, as if the notion just dawned on him. 'Well, not right now obviously because I still need money for food and etcetera but I really want to do what I want in life, like you said... Stop pretending to be something I'm not by doing something I hate...'

'Did I give you an epiphany?' Jungkook asked, with a grin.

'Slightly... Is that a vampire power?'

'Yep, all vampires are exceptionally good at giving life advice.'

'Right...' Taehyung said sceptically, still smiling.

(To be quite honest they had both been smiling since they'd reunited at 5)

'Yep! And we're really good kissers'

'Sur- wait what?'

'You heard me' Jungkook was now blushing slightly, though he tried to keep his 'cool' persona.

'I heard you but I don't believe you'

'Is this where you ask me to prove it?' Jungkook leaned slightly closer.

'No'

'Really?' Even closer.

'I've seen whats in your mouth I'm not trusting those you-know-what's anywhere near me' Even so, Taehyung also moved closer.

'Should I make another ball joke or will you slap me'

'What do you think?'

'I think you want to be a sandwich'

Taehyung frowned and leant back, the 'moment' that had been going on between them momentarily broken.

'What?'

'Your sandwich? Today when you shoved it on my mouth remember?'

'Why would you use that as an analogy as to try and kiss me?!'

'I don't know I thought it was romantic?'

'You need to work on your romance skills' Taehyung laughed shaking his head.

'You need to work on Your romance skills' Jungkook retorted.

'And comeback skills apparently'

Jungkook stuck his tongue out at Taehyung and started to move away.

Taehyung seized his face and pulled him into a chaste kiss.

They parted quickly, both slightly bemused and very flustered.

'Sorry!' Taehyung blurted out.

'Don't be... I mean that's what I thought we were going for here?'

'Yeah but ... It felt rude?'

'You know it's a myth about the whole 'inviting in' vampire thing... It doesn't mean we come in uninvited cos we've still got manners but... Yeh...'

'Oh... Wow that's... interesting?'

'It was more interesting in my head...'

'No no it was interesting ... Feels like myth-busters or something..'

They talked for several more hours, until Taehyung had to run to catch the last bus going to the district of town where he lived (and he was not walking because 'all sorts of people hung around after it got dark'

(Jungkook had countered that he could walk with Taehyung and just scare the weirdos with his fangs, which Taehyung was oddly flattered by but decided against).

Taehyung bid Jungkook goodbye with another small surprise kiss (which he also apologised for) and left for the bus.

Taehyung didn't think he loved Jungkook, not yet anyway.

He believed that love at first sight was the only absurd fairytale.

He maybe believed in friendship turned romance at first fall, and frankly that was much more appealing.

Even if his was still bruised.


a/n:

hope u enjoyed this

i probs wont right more but then again i might write more who knowsss