Home

Dodging Bullets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm so sorry this took me so long! It's just that the two chapters (Hooray double updates!) contain a lot of meat that will eventually magnify you to the plot of the story.^^ YUP. THERE'S  A LOT OF REVELATIONS that I hope will excite all of you.

Thank you so much to my ever so loyal subscribers as well as to my new subscribers. I'm thankful for your trust and support! Special shout out to Phoebebbap2pm as the first to ever upvote this story even if it's still starting. Thank you!

@zigzag06: Thank you for liking the 1st chapter.^^ I hope you'll like this double update!

@Dyanna: Keke Thank you for joining the ride even if you do not know the direction.^^ I'm sure the double update will give you a lead.^^

@clouds13: But I should be the one to thank you really! Keke Thank you very much for loving and supporting this.^^ 

@Phoebebbap2pm: Hey thank you very much for the upvote! You don't know how much it means to me^^ Moreover, thank you for your support.

@Hyuugasakura: Wow I just love your enthusiasm! :D And you're in great luck because you'll find the answer to your question in these updates!

@ameanfizz: I'm so sorry to make you sad~ But don't worry since this story is a mixed genre, there will be happy moments soon. Keke

To everyone reading: I hope you will all hang on till the end of this fic, to wherever my crazy mind takes us. xD

Enjoy Reading~

 

"Thank you all for coming on such a short notice. I know the news is very sudden and depressing for all of us." The gloomy atmosphere engulfed all of us in the board room. I noticed different expressions of sorrow evident on the faces of the members of the board. Most are downcasted while the others can't help but hide their sobs into small sniffs.

I fixed the rim of the shades I purposely wore in order to hide the result of my own share of mourning earlier. I cleared my throat as I conjured professionalism on my next lines, "Due to the heinous crime involved in the deaths of Mr. and Mrs. Kwon, as their lawyer, I hereby announce the best fitting decision to put their last will and testament on hold until justice will be served upon their deaths. As for SD Technologies Corporation, we will all concede to the owners' accustomed decision of leaving interim control of the main branch in Seoul, South Korea to Mr. Kwon's cousin, Ms. Gong Minzy and the second branch here in America to Mrs. Kwon's cousin, Mr. Lee Dong Wook. Thank you. I will give more updates and hopefully good news as soon as I return from South Korea." The board nodded their heads and I turned my head to Dong wook as a signal for him to take the floor.

After the meeting was adjourned, I hastily fixed my things so that I can leave the building early. I still have a lot of things to do and that includes booking tickets for an early flight to Seoul tomorrow. Come to think of it, I have not come back home for years now. Well, let's just say I lost the reason to do so. 

"Do you need my help? You know I could come by your apartment then drive you to the airport tomorrow." I was taken aback as Dong wook spoke with concern painted all over his face.

Lee Dong Wook. We've known each other since my first day of work in the company, not to sound narcissistic but I know he harbors special feelings for me. I know because he always made sure to show it ever since that one date Chaerin set us — well for me it was more like a trap since I didn't really have any choice but to oblige to my best friend's exaggerated pleas. On the contrary ever since that date, I've always made it clear to him that I do not feel that same way nor will I ever do.

"Thanks for the offer Dong wook‐sshi but I think I can handle myself well." I bowed before I started strutting towards the door. Much to my surprise, Dong wook speedily reached the door and opened it for me. "Let me just walk you to your car then." He said with a small smile on his face. I shrugged him off and just continued walking.

How could he even smile and continue to pursue me when he knows I am grieving for my best friend which happens to be his cousin? Aish. 

As soon as we almost reached the car he suddenly halted our steps.

"I'm sorry I can't make it to Chae and Ji's funeral. Believe me, there's nothing more I want to do than to be there with you." Geez, I almost believed that he was completely all‐heart‐sorry for the couple if he did not only add his second sentence. 

"Dong wook‐sshi I do believe that by taking good care of the company, you will be making Chae and Ji very happy. So, it's fine. Don't worry." I curtly said, then I continued my stride towards my car.

But as persistent as he was, he stopped me again.

"Bom, please just let me take care of you."  He said out of nowhere that it made me somewhat annoyed now. How many times do I have to explain to this guy that I will never ever return his feelings?

That's when an idea struck my mind. I haven't actually done this before and I might as well do it now.

I fished out my phone from my handbag and exhaled deep, "Dong wook‐sshi, do you remember in the middle of last year Chaerin and Jiyong gave me the permission to just work from home? It took me many months and I only came back earlier this year."

"Deh. I was really worried about you then and I missed you so much." He flirtingly said with an attempt to touch me. I immediately pushed his creepy hands away. Stupid guy, he knows how much I loathe skinship from guys like him who have a different intention. Now, it just makes me eager to see his reaction after I drop my next line to him.

"I wasn't sick actually. The truth is Chaerin and Jiyong took me in their home due to my pregnancy." Dong wook's eyes almost popped out as I released my statement. I raised my phone to his eye level and showed him my wallpaper,  "This is my son, Yeong gun." Now he is beyond mortified and his face immediately turned sour. 

"So please Dong wook‐sshi, I'm sorry but I've told you many times that I'll never return your feelings. Please leave me alone and I'm sure you'll find someone better who can love you as much." I immediately boarded my vehicle and sped away. 

I'm sorry Dong wook but I'll never return your feelings. My heart just won't beat for any other man anymore because it will constantly beat for one special person only. No matter if he does not belong to me. No matter if we weren't meant to be.

 

 

*The next day in the airport. . .

"Ahjumma thank you very much for your help ever since." I hugged the lady who is in her late fifties, the only other person—aside from me— here in America whom Chae and Ji trusted with their personal affairs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter