The Parents

Dodging Bullets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK LIKE FOREVER. It's just that, I really had a hard time with all the recent controversies and stuff. I know we all went through the difficulty and I just hope everything will get better from now on.

Anyways, thank you all so much for the awesome feedback from the last chapter! ♡

Just a little note: I have decided to give my replies to the comments for this chapter and for the further ones in the comment box below so that you know, in that way I'll get more in touch with you on a higher note.^^ SO PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO GIVE COMMENTS. I LOVE READING THEM. I SWEAR. :D

And I welcome all of my new subies! Here's the next chapter for all of you. ^^

Enjoy reading~

 

Author's POV

 

Park Bom's world froze.

 

Never did she imagine herself in this situation.

 

And so did Choi Seunghyun, as he watched her dressed only in shoes, fitted jeans, and a y lacy bra.

 

As for Yeong gun, being situated in the middle is making him feel confused, curious, and yet happy at the same time. He is confused and curious as to why his mommy on the right side is hanging her jaws open at the strange man on the left. Meanwhile, the strange man is also staring widely at his mommy with a trickle of sweat forming on his forehead. 

 

He did not understand the two awkward adults. 

But he is happy because he felt good with the two of them together around him. 

And so he let out a good and gaudy laugh.

 

Like a fire melting their frozen world, the laughter made the two adults simultaneously look at the baby responsible for it. Still, it only lasted for a few seconds as Bom caught Seunghyun looking at her again. 

Looking at her almost half self again.

With all her might and dignity left, she threw a pillow at his face before scampering back to the walk-in closet; Leaving behind the Givenchy shirt that caused all the trouble.

 

Seunghyun was left astounded. He was caught off guard thus, the pillow hit his face hard causing him to fall on his . Not even his well-practiced reflexes saved him. He can't stand the thought of it and he blamed it all on himself for giving in to his eyes who craved for a second look. 

 

"Aisssh. Michin you pabo!" He cursed as he stood up and fixed himself. He immediately went to knock on the door of the closet but the 'sight of her' from earlier made him halt as it continued to linger on his mind. 

 

'It's not as if it's your first time seeing her like that. You've even seen her before. Stop acting like a maniac!' He inwardly groaned as he paced back and forth outside the door. 

 

True enough. It wasn't his first time as they had countless, sneaky rendezvous explorations during their younger years. Logically, maybe that's it. He hasn't seen her like that in years that his body just did not know how to react.

But, he knows it's an inappropriate kind of reasoning. It's very wrong for him to react that way because what they had was long been over. He already moved on and she shouldn't affect him anymore. He should have learned how to control himself around her after all these years.

 

Seunghyun stopped his tracks in front of the door and started composing himself again, "Choi, you know why you came here. You already moved on. And you don't have time anymore, so stop being stupid and start moving." He whispered to himself. 

 

He let out a huff and raised his fist to knock. Concurrently, Bom opened the door as well. Their eyes locked for a second but Bom—although already in a complete outfit with a secured three layered upper apparell— is still unable to move on from the embarrassing experience, so she instantly looked away. 

 

Seunghyun dropped his hand to his pocket, "Listen, I did not mean what happened earlier. If it helps, I can explain everything later. I'll even apologize if you want. But one thing is for sure, we don't have much time anymore but before leaving I'd just like to clarify some.... things." He turned his stern gaze to Yeong gun.

 

Bom was about to protest because she clearly deserved an immediate explanation and apology for what happened, but she let it off as soon as she followed his gaze. She nodded and went to get Yeong gun. Seunghyun proceeded towards the window and positioned himself in a leaning stance with his arms folded, crucially observing Bom's every action as she sat on the edge of the bed with Yeong gun on her lap. He cocked an eyebrow as he heard her softly explain to Yeong gun that he is about to meet his 'daddy'.

 

"...And Seunghyun, this is Park Yeong gun, our son." Bom continued as she finally turned Yeong gun to his direction.

He did not know how to respond to that; He only shifted his look from Bom to the baby and back to Bom again. Though Bom couldn't help but feel annoyed at how unfriendly he was, she knew where the cold treatment is coming from. And she is clearly in no position to detest him after the strings of lies she just said and she is about to say.

 

"If you put it that way, then I'd like to know when and how it happened." Seunghyun demanded, making sure to emphasize his skepticism.

 

Bom closed her eyes and breathed out.  

To convince Choi Seunghyun to believe her story filled with bundles of twisted truths and even big lies is extremely difficult. She knew it was the hardest part of the plan. But, it's now or never. As a lawyer, she never took a case that will stain her integrity, but as a sister to such loyal best friends who passed away and an aunt to a loving baby whose future is at stake, she had to face changes.

'There's no turning back to this.' Bom internally digested. 

She looked at the man in front of her while harnessing a bold and convincing front, "I am putting out the truth Seunghyun. It happened two years ago, the last time we saw each other, after Seungri and Hyoyeon's wedding reception at the hall of this hotel....We checked in on one of the rooms while we're drunk and the rest is the answer to your how.... I'm sure you do know how babies are made." 

 

"I'm not stupid Bom. The thing is, I don't  remember a single thing on how I —" 

 

"SSHH!" Bom hissed at Seunghyun's careless choice of words. She even glared at him while trying to move the baby a bit to the side.

 

"Do avoid saying such words in front of this innocent being. Please." She spat at Seunghyun who is now looking away. Not knowing that the latter was already scolding himself in the inside as well.

 

"And maybe you don't remember because you were too drunk! I‐I‐I don't even remember much..... but those memories are no longer the issue. What's important is Yeong gun; If you want to take him to a DNA testing then go ahead! I encourage you to do it so that all of your doubtful questions will be answered by someone you can trust!"

Seunghyun flinched, but he chose to remain unresponsive as his mind caught up into a new web of thoughts.

 

After a minute of dead air, Bom started worrying. She cursed her temper even. What if her sudden outburst just made her lying obvious? 

 

"Mianhae... I am just really that kind of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter