III. WE GOT DUMPED

A Billionaire's Confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A Billionaire’s Confession: Chapter 3

 

WE GOT DUMPED

 

Indeed, she exceeded everyone’s expectations. From the little spoilt brat of the biggest conglomerate there is, to the rookie fashion designer that took the fashion industry by storm. It is like a big leap of personality, a whole flip of what she is raised as. But neither of this came to Jessica’s regret list, as this phenomenon became her most prized memory. Many things happened. Now 29 years old, Jessica Jung is not a Jung anymore. Being accustomed with the name that has given her the life of gold and silver, the appreciation, the worship, the name that everyone envied, it is a new feeling sporting a new name.

 

When everyone thought that her life can’t get any more ideal. It gets better, decorated with rainbows and unicorns and that all came when a single yes is uttered on a one fine day where the love of her life surprised her in a mountain full of nature. And now, two years after that day, Jessica Kwon alighted from the black car with a smile on her face. Perhaps, leaving Yuri in their bed for a magazine interview is not considered as a mistake, right?

 

“Where are you?” Taeyeon’s voice greeted Jessica a good morning. Removing her shades from her face, she approached the glass pane of her office. The editor in charge of the interview will arrive in a matter of minutes and all Jessica could do right now is wait. Leaning on the leather chair, she continued to sigh at Taeyeon’s endless rant about Sooyoung being in their house again, and to think, Tiffany is not even bothered.

 

“Did it ever occur to you that they are cousins? Of course Sooyoung will always be there. You have a fridge. I am not even complaining at her and Yoona bombarding us. Always.”

 

“It is so early in the morning.” Taeyeon grumbled. Jessica could hear the rustling of the bed sheets and all she can conclude at the moment is Taeyeon being a ghost in her own house. More known as avoiding the Great Food annihilator Choi Sooyoung.

 

“Oh by the way, this seems redundant but you have an interview today with Fashion Today?” Taeyeon changed the topic.

 

“Yes, I do. I’m pretty much early today. I’m waiting for their editor. He will interview me today himself. Why is the word today appearing o much today?” Jessica cannot help but to play with the small black frame in her desk. A picture of her and Yuri on their wedding day. With Mr. Jung as the official photographer, it is a given that the picture is pretty much a true reincarnation of the outdated song called Blurred Lines. Nevertheless, this precious photograph holds the most precious moment of her life, and no matter how blurred it came out, the memories is vividly clear.

 

“Oh that is great Twinnie. Congratulations by the way.” Jessica could not help but smile at the sincere affection of her twin hidden behind the cough and the straightening of voice.

 

“Thanks to you. Go back to sleep. I know you are tired Chief Director Jung.”

 

“Shut up. You know me too well. Don’t forget that you have an appointment to meet me with my wife later in the central park.” Taeyeon reminded Jessica of the event Tiffany scheduled with the couple. A double date with Tiffany and Taeyeon in a crowded place is clearly not suicide. Because truly, and obviously not clearly because it is the clearest way of describing suicide. Talk about Tiffany and her teenage outlook despite her age and blame Taeyeon the ever supportive whipped wife.

 

“Alright. I don’t even understand why Yuri agreed to the both of you. But I guess I have to take a break. My first collection is finally done and I still have time before the start of the preparation of the 2nd collection.”

 

“And here I am thinking that you really meant what you said of me going back to sleep. You know Twinnie, I will always be present beside you when those lanky height blessed models will strut in the runway again for the second time and I will also be there on your 65th runway. Stay put, don’t overwork yourself, remember, you have a wife waiting for you to go back home. Plus, when are you going to consider of having a baby? Or even a dog? Or you can adopt Sooyoung? Don’t answer that. Take care and do well in the interview. I am going back to sleep. Bye.” And the line went dead. Typical Taeyeon.

 

Jessica pondered for a moment. Yes, after graduating from IFA it has been her priority to establish a fashion line. And considering the status she has in the industry and the name Yuri’s mom had written in the stars of fashion, it is easy to be on top despite her being a rookie. She has talent. That is a fact. And as Taeyeon had reminded her yet again of the baby thing, Jessica cannot help but to go back on the thoughts that bothered her for weeks. Perhaps, Yuri is just keeping mum, that behind her smile, she wants a family. It has not yet been long since the marriage has started and Jessica decided that she will just focus on her business for a while. And of course, being Kwon Yuri’s wife. For now.

 

“Oh look who is sulking this early in the morning. Good Morning Honey.” A knock on the door followed by a teasing comment. Kwon Yuri’s head popped into the small opening of the glass door. Raising her head to somehow gain access on the face of her wife, Jessica extended her arms wide.

 

“It’s just not my thing to wait, and at this time too. Good morning too Honey.” Jessica wrapped her arms around Yuri’s neck. Inhaling the fresh and the minty scent Yuri always has.

 

“I was terrified waking up with you gone. And I remember you have an interview. Is the editor not here yet? I thought, he is already here but Hara said that he isn’t so I waited in the car for nothing.” Yuri gave her a peck in the lips before lifting the coffee takeouts. Taking refuge in the comforts of Jessica’s desk she swung her feet back and forth like a child while drinking the contents of the disposable coffee cup.

 

“You waited? How long?” Jessica asked, wide eyed.

 

“Nah, just a minute or so. Don’t exaggerate things. Hara will inform you if he is here already right? I don’t want to ruin my reputation, you know the possibility of seeing me here sitting on your desk like a delinquent.” Yuri’s face formed like a blowfish, pouting. And Jessica just had to drag her wife on the collar to plant a lingering kiss. The coffee taste is evident, obviously. So deliciously sweet and intoxicating.

 

“He wouldn’t mind. You are my wife after all. Do you want to join me in the interview?”

 

“What are you talking about? This interview is about your fashion line. Not your wife. Besides, everyone had a clear grasp of our marriage life with all this media following us already. So I guess I have to take a pass. Besides I have to meet Yoona today.” Yuri jumped off from the desk.

 

“For what?” Jessica asked. The smell of the coffee latte engulf her senses as she opened the lid of the cup. Latte, just right. Yuri can read her like a book. It took her a while to digest the sweet gesture written on the other side of the coffee cup. Yuri and her cheesiness. Quite a big contrast with her mirror, her twin, who is typically the one who delivers coffee in her table. Taeyeon would ask the barista to write, “Jessica” or “Idiot” there is no question at the obscured showmanship of sisterly love. But Yuri, the “My Wife” cursive handwriting along with the blatant declaration of Yuri’s penmanship is Jessica’s ideal morning greeting.

 

“Mom is here in Korea and she asked us to have lunch together. But I have to pick Yoona at the car shop.” Yuri replied while fiddling on her phone. Nodding as she got to know the time.

 

“Did her car broke down again? You should buy your sister a new one. Say hi to Mom for me, will you?” Jessica managed to let out a chuckle.

 

“Will do, in fact she misses you. We should visit her some time. Oh please. She just bought a Benz last week. And yes, the Hummer broke down. The car cannot handle anymore of Choi Sooyoung’s insensitivity.”

 

“Why what happened?” Prolonging the conversation she has with her wife, Jessica ignored the red light coming from the telephone indicating a call fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter