IX. THE DRUNK INFESTED ALUMNI GALA

A Billionaire's Confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A Billionaire's Confession: Chapter 9

 

 

THE DRUNK INFESTED ALUMNI GALA

 

“What is happening here?” Donghae gently tapped Taeyeon’s shoulder, peaking at the new visitor of the fashion house. The older twin is back in her indifferent face, the utter surprise is gone.

 

“Ugh. I stole his car on the way to Tiffany.” Taeyeon replied back. Taking a move forward, while Donghae did not utter a single follow up question. Taeyeon lifted her head to look at the man directly, their whole situation representing a total showdown between the pawn and the king in that matter.

 

“Uhm, yes. Your butler, Greg. He actually sent the car himself.” The man bashfully smiled with a hand massaging the back of his neck. Taeyeon nodded with a thin smile.

 

“Oh, that’s great then. I was in a hurry that time and I am not planning on keeping your car.” Taeyeon gave the man a subtle pat on the side of his arm. She left after saying her goodbyes to the dazzled Donghae. Of course, Taeyeon Jung is not capable of Thanks to strangers.

 

He focused his gaze at the customer, asking questions. The man merely shrugged, taking the couch by the fashion house to settle himself. Donghae sat in front of him.

 

“So..mind telling me what really happened dearest best customer~nim?”

 

“Nothing. Destiny happened. I may say.” A set of broad straight teeth emerged from the face of the man. Donghae frowned. Bestfriend and the ultimate patron of boys who have a syndrome of jumping different trains at the same time, in short, a playboy. Never had Donghae imagined that his bestfriend is oblivious of the name that is the Jung twins, pretty much living under the rock he attested.

 

“What destiny are you talking about Woobin. Taeyeon is married.” Donghae stated in a haste, his eyebrows scrunching at the center of his face. Woobin nodded as if he just disregarded the fact. Taking his feet of the small coffee table the man grinned.

 

“It is not Taeyeon that I want.”

 

“Oh, and let me tell you the other one is married too.” Donghae grimaced. The idea of Woobin the great bachelor currently has an eye for a ridiculously attractive married woman. And to think, Jessica Jung is not an ordinary woman at all, neither do her wife, and you cannot set aside the influence of their family in many different aspects.

 

“Yes. But you know how I fancy Jessica ever since middle school. I actually forgive you when you decided to make a move on her! Not to mention you are set to marry her, glad that it did not happen though.” Woobin clicked his tongue to spat at Donghae.

 

“Yes, because dad asked me to. You know that I swing the other way right? You fancy Jessica but Jessica does not even know you! And for god’s sake, there are many girls who happen to row on your lake, why bother paddle on the other side?” Donghae asked.

 

 Woobin pondered for a moment, his long extended legs reached Donghae’s eyesight as the man leaned on the couch further.

 

“I fancy her. And I gave her my card when her twin stole my car, which is not planned after all. Destiny seems to be on my side.  It is quite disappointing that their butler is the one who returned it to me. I am planning to give her the best car ride of her life. You know what I’m talking about?” the playboy smile appeared once again. Woobin reached for some sunglasses displayed in the crystal pane right by his left. The designer sunglasses merged with his beautiful face.

 

“She is married.” Donghae asserted once again.

 

“With Kwon Yuri. I know. Kwon the I don’t know I am a Casanova and your step sister. But there is no such thing in this world that can get away from my charms. I want a diversion, dating such lousy and clingy girls are boring.”

 

“So you happened to divert your attention to the Jungs then?”

 

“The Jungs are the only worthy girls for me.”

 

Woobin strutted down the halls of the fashion house, reaching for a small parcel which is placed neatly by the counter. He opened the paper bag briefly before giving the receptionist a smile. Turning his attention once again to Donghae.

 

“I thought you don’t like my mom’s designs?”

 

“Oh. Believe me I still don’t. It’s for my dad. He went to a business meeting about some partnership with some distribution of some whatnot jewelry and fragrances in China. I have already picked a fashion house to design my tux for tomorrow. Even though the girls would be in dress suits, I would definitely hook up with someone by the end of the night. It will definitely be a bomb, if that girl is Jessica.” Woobin effortlessly snapped the hanging tag out of the sunglass’ bridge. He returned the shades back to his face, checking how it looks at the mirror.

 

“Blanc? You are seriously going to pursue your idea of stealing someone else’s wife?” Donghae prayed that Woobin is indeed joking. But if he is indeed not joking, then probably Donghae might visit both Taeyeon and Jessica’s property when the sun is at its highest, just to give a little head’s up. 

 

“No. I am just going to mingle with her.  I don’t like commitments. See you then, I’ll take this. Charge it to my card.”

 

Briskly slinging the paper bag by his shoulders, Woobin made his exit out of the fashion house.

 

~~

 

“What kind of trip did you plan on Hallasan Sooyoung?” Taeyeon asked the taller girl with a glass of vodka in her hands. She said that it is better to go the gala drunk rather than to smile to unknown people who is only after the money she has or her .  Taeyeon eventually agreed at the small drinking appointment.

 

Compared to Yuri and Jessica’s castle like modern house, Taeyeon and Tiffany’s is a wide playground. The existence of second floors are erased by Taeyeon knowing that she and Tiffany are not capable of running down the stairs when their hairs are gray.  The mini bar and the mini theater is all that is occupying the east wing. With the entire estate filled with cars.

 

“A hiking trip.” Sooyoung replied, adding more ice in her glass.

 

“My wife is pregnant. You can’t expect her to have a wrestling in front of rocks and a stick.  The compass will not help us find the hospital if ever she bleeds again.” Taeyeon took a swig on her bottle of beer.  The slow music produced by the surround speakers only made the atmosphere more suitable for a few more rounds.  Sooyoung gave off a shrug, her slightly lowered eyes gave Taeyeon a look of mockery.

 

“It is her fault of not telling us beforehand that she has a human life inside her flat belly. Then we could at least planned a camping trip in the Antlantic.”

 

“Makes me think, your wedding anniversary falls on your birthday too!” Sooyoung growled. 

 

“Oh my god I almost forgot!” Taeyeon mimicked the growling motion of Sooyoung coming out lower in decibel than Sooyoung’s shriek.

 

“So what is your plan? You have to share your spotlight to your little twinnie.” Sooyoung dug the freezer for more bottles of vodka. Her walk growing curvy as time goes by.

 

Little sound of gulps, few hmmms of satisfaction, more yawns from Sooyoung and Taeyeon remained quiet. Pondering on the ideas in her head. Of course, a wedding anniversary is indeed very special and it has to be a day where they can all bond with Tiffany and her in the middle celebrating their fourth year as a married couple. But without any intention of stealing the spotlight, the desired light has always been divided into the usual surprises of Yuri and the rest of the gang to Jessica who happens to share the same day of specialty.  She thanked god for Jessica’s existence but she wondered what is like for them to celebrate their anniversary alone.  In fact, they are going to celebrate it with their child on the way.

 

“Yah. The vodka is turning black.” Sooyoung sprinkled the remaining contents of her glass to Taeyeon.

 

“What the ?!”

 

“Yeah what the is your plan?”

 

“You know I’ve been thinking too.” Taeyeon dragged the stool to face Sooyoung fully in the high bar chair.

 

“HELLO IN LAWS! HOW ARE YOU?” Yoona’s voice boomed across the corners of the mini bar. The automatic doors opening revealing Yoona already in her all white dress suit with her hair curled softly into perfection, but the cheeks looks so red Sooyoung wondered if the younger Kwon has been slapped by her sister in law.

 

“Are you drunk too?” Taeyeon snickered. Albeit despite the obvious situation, she disregarded the worry and handed Yoona a bottle of beer. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter