Flying Zombie Bunny

Minnie, the Chubby Bunny

_______Chapter 3________

 

 

 

Sungmin eyed himself critically in front of the full-length mirror. He frowned at his blossoming man bo0bs. I may need a bra at the rate I’m going. Shaking off the horrifying thought, he quickly donned his shirt before leaving the men’s locker room.

This isn’t too bad. Sungmin was walking on the treadmill for fifteen minutes. The music from his wireless earphones drowning the heavy breaths of the people running next to him. Initially he was taken aback at how close the exercise machines were to each other. The smell of rubber mats and sweat aded the entire room.

 “Hey, you started without me.”

He continued walking.

“I told you to meet me at the receptionist’s area by eight. I was there for 40 minutes. Why didn’t you answer my calls?”

Sungmin turned up the volume of his iPhone, ignoring that familiar, low, husky timbre emanating from the man standing in front of him.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “Very mature.” Two can play this game. He opened his duffel bag and dug out a bag of Cheetos. Grabbing a handful of cheese puffs, Kyuhyun stuffed them all in his mouth. He could see Sungmin’s eyes narrowing at his little stunt. Serves you right. He continued to masticate all the cheesy, artery-clogging goodness.

The drawing manager refused to be baited. As much as he would like to send Kyuhyun to the hospital again, he instead upped the speed level of the treadmill until he was now full-on running.

So Kyuhyun kept on eating, while the Sungmin kept on running. The showdown at the gym ensued until Sungmin stepped on his shoelace, lost his momentum and flew across the room. Woosh!

”For a quick second you were actually airborne, Chubby Bunny,” Kyuhyun nudged Sungmin’s fallen figure with the tip of his shoe. “Are you all right?”

“I think I broke my wrist.”

 

 ***

 

“Cheer up, Min. The doctor said it’s just a sprain.”

After a quick trip to the E.R., they were in Sungmin’s little house just outside of the city boundary.

“Nice digs; all warm and rustic.”

Sungmin sat on the sofa, disbelief at how his night could have ended. “You’ve driven me home. You may leave.”

“Jeez, Your Highness. Your gratitude is very endearing to us common people,” Kyuhyun opened the fridge and took out two cans of beer. “You deserve one.” He sat across Sungmin, his back leaning on the armrest, one leg propped up on the sofa.

“Aren’t you leaving? It’s past midnight.”

“Exactly. I think I should spend the night.”

“No. You’re not.” Sungmin tried to open the door locks with his right hand before pain shot throughout his hand and made him gasp out loud.

“Your current self-inflicted injury prevents me from leaving.”

“I am more than capable of taking care of myself, Mr. Cho.”

“Prove it. Take off your jacket.”

After many attempts to his jacket, Sungmin was left flustered and sweaty. Closing his eyes he fell back on the sofa. Long nimble fingers began to undo his buttons.

“Wh-what are you doing?”

“Getting you so we can like bunnies,” Kyuhyun replied drily. “C’mon, Min, I’m tired too. I just want to help you get ready for bed so I can sleep. We still have work and the dreaded gym tomorrow.”

For the first time Sungmin took a real closer look at Kyuhyun’s face. The dark circles under the eyes, the parched lips, the pale tone of his coworker’s skin…the millwork manager was a mess.

“Okay. Let’s get this over with.”

 

***

 

“You take the bed; I’ll take the couch since you’re too tall to fit in it.”

Kyuhyun immediately hopped on the bed then patted the side next to him. “I don’t snore nor am I a hugger when I sleep. Stay here.”

Sungmin lied down on the bed, his body as stiff as a board.

“Why are you so tense?”

“I’m not used to sleeping beside someone.”

“Well, get over it. It’s just for a night.”

Kyuhyun zonked out after ten minutes. Add two minutes and he began snoring. By one-thirty in the morning his right leg was wrapped around the Chubby Bunny.

 

***

 

“Looking great, Kyu.” Donghae gave an approving whistle. “Got lucky last night?”

His supervisor grinned. “Nah, I just slept really well. Best sleep I’ve had since I moved here.”

 

***

 

“J#sus Chr*st, hyung, did you get hit by the truck?” Hyukjae blurted. “What had happened to you?”

 

1.30 AM: Sungmin felt Kyuhyun’s leg right on top of his thighs.

1.50 AM: A lanky arm was draped across his chest.

2.15 AM: The urge to pee was calling Sungmin to go to the bathroom.

2.17 AM: He was trapped in a tangle of long arms and octopus legs.

3.00 AM: His coworker was breathing on the side of his neck.

3.20 AM: Success! Sungmin managed to escape from Kyuhyun’s clutches and run to the bathroom.

3.28 AM: He was awkwardly holding his Little Carrot with his non-dominant left hand as he aimed for the toilet bowl.

3.35 AM: Sungmin was washing his hands when a sleepy Kyuhyun poked his head through the door. “Come back to bed,” he mumbled before dragging the Bunny with him to the bedroom.

3.50 AM: Sungmin was again trapped in a tangle of long arms and octopus legs.

4.15 AM: His coworker was breathing on the side of his neck.

4.20 AM: His coworker was peppering the side of his neck with butterfly kisses.

4.23 AM: His Little Carrot was growing.

4.25 AM: Kyuhyun’s right hand was heading south in search of Little Carrot.

4.25 AM: Sungmin grabbed the millwork manager’s hand as fast as he could. Danger avoided.

4.30 AM: Kyuhyun was in his sleep.

4.40 AM: Kyuhyun was and groaning in his sleep.

4.45 AM: Kyuhyun was , groaning, and ing Sungmin.

4.45 AM: Sungmin was meditating for his Little Carrot to stop growing.

5.00 AM: Sungmin was praying for his Little Carrot to stop growing.

5.15 AM: Sungmin was meditating and praying for his Little Carrot to stop growing.

5.30 AM: Kyuhyun rolled on his back and released Sungmin.

5.31 AM: Kyuhyun started to snore.

6.00 AM: The alarm went off. Kyuhyun woke up invigorated.

6.01 AM: Sungmin wanted to strangle the man who was now happily singing in the shower.