Exploding Bunny

Minnie, the Chubby Bunny

_______Chapter 2________

 

 

“How many fingers am I holding up?”

“Five.”

Donghae put his index finger down. “That’s close enough.”

“Now me. How many fingers am I holding up?”

“ you too, Sungmin,”

“Settle down, you guys,” Donghae pushed an ice pack toward his supervisor’s face. “Both of you have done a lot of damage to each other already.”

I haven’t done anything. He rearranged my face,” a trickle of blood gushed out from Kyuhyun’s nostril.

“It’s called renovating and you’re very welcome,” Sungmin snapped. “You made my knuckles raw.”

“From punching my g0ddamn face!”

It started with a chuckle, which turned into full-blown laughter. “Holy crap. I see that you two are at each other’s throats again. What happened that set them off again, Hae?” Junsu, the company owner, inquired.

“The bleeding mess wanted his drawings faster than lightning. The angry Bunny was called fat.”

“If I ever find out who thought of this ‘bunny’ nickname, I’ll pull his balls inside out,” Sungmin swore.

Junsu choked before closing his legs together. “Well, regardless of whose idea it was, it suits you: you do look like a fluffy bunny.”

“When he says fluffy, he means fat.” Kyuhyun chirped.

“I will gut you, Cho! My weight gain is your fault anyway!  You’re the root of all my stress! My life was great before you joined the company. You barge into my department asking for drafts and prints as though they magically grow on trees. Newsflash! We actually have to use our brains to design those! But then again, you don’t use yours so you can’t understand what the hell I’m talking about,” Sungmin was on fire. “So I eat to cope with all the b^ll you put out.  I eat so I can stay awake and finish the drawings you order until 3 am in the morning. I eat so I can stop myself from punching your mug on a daily basis!”

Silence. The office cat watched the drama unfold, expecting the next scene.

“Oh. Gotcha,” Kyuhyun lamented. “I didn’t realize you felt this way. Still, it doesn’t change the fact that you’re fat.”

 

***

 

The ambulance siren echoed throughout the parking lot. “He’ll be fine. Sungmin barely hit his head,” Hyukjae said.

“I’ve only seen a roundhouse kick on TV. To watch it in person --- wow, that was impressive,” Donghae replied. “What do you think about Junsu’s plan?”

Hyukjae chewed on his bottom lip. “Putting those two as gym buddies? It’s  gonna be ing entertaining,” he grinned.