Introducing the Bunny

Minnie, the Chubby Bunny

 

CHAPTER 1

 

It began with a . 

 

The printer has been loudly screeching for a couple of minutes, the tiled floor littered with paper.

“Hyukjae! Stop the mother*cking printer, there’s a paper jam,” Lee Sungmin, the chubby drawing manager, yelled.

“Sorry hyung. I got distracted,” the young subordinate said while picking up the copies off the floor.

“Just clean this mess then get your back to work.” Sungmin was exasperated. He stomped toward his office and closed the door. It’s only 10 o’clock in the morning yet his department was already in chaos thanks to the impending deadline set by the new millwork manager.

Stupid Cho Kyuhyun and his unrealistic deadlines, Sungmin thought as he bit off half of the snickers bar he had unwrapped. Ever since Kyuhyun took charge of the millwork department, Sungmin’s life has spiraled out of control. 

His weight was of no exception.

It’s only been two months since Kyuhyun was hired, yet Sungmin had gained a staggering 20 pounds. All his clothes have become oh so tight. Putting on pants every morning consisted of in his breath and a whole lotta wiggling of his rounded . Once he managed to button his fly, his muffin top would overflow. Gone were the days when he could easily tuck in his tee shirts, hello to the days of loose polo shirts.

“Hyung, Kyuhyun just informed me that he needs the blueprints for the restaurant project a.s.a.p. so he can order the materials before lunch,” Hyukjae said over the intercom.

Sungmin ate the last morsel of his chocolate bar through gritted teeth.

***

“Great job on the cabinets, Hae,” Kyuhyun complimented, “The client really liked the handles you suggested.”

Donghae beamed. “Thought so. Glad it worked out.” He resumed cutting his panel of wood with the industrial-sized electric saw.

The woodshop was in full swing: machines noisily churning, wood shavings flying everywhere, and of course, guys wearing ear plugs to protect their hearing.

“Cho Kyuhyun, you narcissistic bastard!” Sungmin screamed at the top of his lungs.

The entire room suddenly became eerily quiet.

“Sungmin ssi, tis my great honor you’ve graced us with your presence from DrawingLand.”

“You are out of your mind in demanding those prints seven hours early.”

“Hey, if you can’t take the heat---“

“Cut the clusterf*ck, Cho. You think what we do up there is easy?”

“Easy enough that you have time to stuff your face.”

No. He. Didn’t.

Yes. He. in Did.

Sungmin balled his fists. It’s chubby bunny ninja time.

“Cho’s gonna die!” Someone yelled from the background.