Chapter One: Apologize

The Letters

I’m sorry, I’m sorry for everything. I tried to be nice and do everything to make you happy. I just wanted to see you smile as you used to. However, everyone has a dark side. I did the opposite of what you told me. You don’t understand though, I was lost after you left. Out of all the people still beside me on stage, it was only you I wanted. I was safe with you near me. You told me to be happy and good, but like I said, we all have a dark side. No one deserved what I did. The look of confusion mixed with hate I received. Just like before when I debute.
But, I deserved it all. Our fans, friends, family, none of them should have seen me like that. I was at my worst. You won’t forgive me will you? I can’t say I blame you. I wouldn’t forgive me either. I wonder how many fans thought I was joking? If the members thought I was mental? In a sense, I was. You left for two years for the army. The managers were so angry at me. I had no right to tell those secrets, to shatter the Super Junior name. Like I said, I deserve this punishment. I said things about the members I can never take back. I told ELF’s things I wish I never said. Hyung, I ruined my name and tarnished your’s.
I remember when we were together, how happy you were and I ruined it. I lost the only chance I would ever have at happiness. You will find someone else, I know you will. Someone who will protect you from crowds and drink wine at awkward times of the morning. Forgive me if the tear stains hinder your ability to read this, but knowing that you will be able to read this makes me happy. I love you, and coming from me you know it’s hard. You are the only one who can understand me. That’s why I only pranked you on some days. Prison scares me, I won’t lie. It’s the scariest thing I’ve faced since your leaving. But I deserve this.
 I’m sorry. Hard to believe that a year has passed now. I hope you and the others are okay, you’re not allowed to visit, I understand. Umma comes by and tells me about all the new things I’m missing. I’m sorry, I’m sorry it’s like this. My bunny, my hyung, My Sungmin, I apologize.
 Love Cho Kyuhyun.

Sungmin cried as he read over the letter he had been handed by Kyuhyun's mother. He hated being unable to rush to the makanae's side and comfort him. But this was his punishment, he had to fulfill it.