Prologue

Making Perfect

 

“S. coups! S. coups! S. coups!” deafening fan chants can be heard all over the stadium. It’s Day Two of their concert and just like the previous night it was jam-packed and the tickets were sold out for only eight seconds since its announcement.

 

He glanced around the stadium, ocean of navy blue light sticks glared at him, causing him to feel quite dizzy. Still hyped up from his solo performance, he wandered around the stage sending hearts and smiles to their fans. Another song started to play on the background, their last song for the night.

 

‘Finally’, Seungcheol thought.

 

He saw his co-members walking back to the stage. He jogged, approaching them. These sent the fans over the edge, seeing the four of them together on the stage for the last time tonight, the fans’ screams and shouts boomed throughout the stadium.

 

“S. coups! Wonwoo! Mingyu! Vernon!” the fans roared as they sing.

 

Here they are, one of the most popular Korean boy group, with plenty of awards under their name, sold out concerts across the world and albums that top all the charts. Not bad for a group which debuted last year, right? Seungcheol grinned to himself.

 

The song was over and they lined up, waving and smiling to their loyal and faithful fans.

 

“Thank you so much for coming tonight guys. Thank you for this wonderful night and we hope to see all of you soon. We love you! This is ‘The Aces’, signing off.” they bowed, hearing cheers and claps as the lights on the stage went off.

 

 

--

“Hyung! Stop sulking! You should enjoy this moment. You know we can’t barely get a night out because of our schedules.” Vernon put his arm around Seungcheol’s shoulders.

 

“I know. That’s the reason why I wanted to just chill and watch Netflix inside our comfortable dorm.” Seungcheol brushed Vernon’s arm off of him, the younger flinched a bit.

 

“Whose idea was this by the way?” Seungcheol asked, unamused. Seungcheol glowered at the people passing by. He was currently at the hottest party this year, the party wherein only the famous and influential can come. He loathed to be there, but because of his co-members, there he was, standing in the middle of it all with cola in his hand.

 

“Uh- I- it was- Mingyu~Hyung who accepted it.” Vernon stuttered, feeling a bit scared over the fact that his hyung looked mad right now. He nervously laughed as he excused himself to get cola at the not-so-nearby table, the truth was he just wanted to escape from his Hyung who was beginning to be snappy. Seungcheol sighed as he watched Vernon disappearing in the sea of people.

 

Seungcheol sipped at his cola. At the corner of his eye he noticed a man? Or maybe a boy? He’s not sure, watching him. He stopped midway, raising his eyebrow questioningly at the stranger. A stranger with a peculiar shade of hair. Of all color why would he chose to dye his hair pink. Yup. Pink. But Seungcheol can’t deny the fact that it suited him, his porcelain-like skin was enhanced due to the hue of his hair.

 

The pink haired stranger seemed to notice it, turned his head away, blushing a bit.

 

‘Cute.’ Seungcheol chuckled.

 

Seungcheol continued to drink his cola, emptying it. He looked back at the corner where the stranger was standing but silently groaned as the stranger was nowhere to be seen.