Counting the last days - 14 days left -

His angel

-DAY 1-

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Haewoo’s mouth widened in surprise; she has been listening to Seohyun for the whole afternoon; telling her story.

“So you can’t remember anything even where you live?”

Seohyun nodded. “Nae...”

Yonghwa and Seohyun had planned beforehand about Seohyun’s true identity. Telling people that you’re an angel is somehow unconvincing. Seohyun had even considered showing her wings to Haewoo but Yonghwa was afraid that showing her wings might just startle his mother. In the end Yonghwa wrote up a story plot just to make their story believable.

“So Yonghwa found you wandering near his house and bring you in since you can’t remember who you are and where you live, and all you can remember is your name... have you went to the police?” Haewoo asked.

Yonghwa jumped to his mother’s question. “Y-yes of course we did! They’ve sent fliers of her picture around...” Yonghwa lied.

Haewoo turned to Seohyun whom only manage to nod.

Haewoo smiled, “You poor thing...” She opened her arms, “Come here Seohyun-ssi...”

Seohyun went into Haewoo’s embrace and within that time her heart ticked. She longed to feel a mother’s embrace.

“Omo Seohyun-ssi...” Haewoo felt Seohyun’s soft sobs. “Are you crying sweet heart?”

Yonghwa sat at the edge of the bed and watched Seohyun getting teary eyed. “Hyun... gwenchanha?”

Seohyun nodded. “I-I’m just touched... and frankly a bit jealous... you have a mother...I don’t have a mother...” Seohyun continued to cry.

Haewoo turned to Yonghwa surprised on what she had heard. “Seohyun-ssi... you remember about your past!”

Yonghwa held Seohyun’s hands and gently pulled up her face. Tears fell down her face. “Hyun... you remember something again?”

“Nae...” Seohyun sobbed. “My omma died right after I was born...”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yonghwa’s P.O.V-------------

All I know for now is her real name and that she has lost her mother right after she was born; she didn’t go out much and basically she has no close friends what so ever. Who are you Seo Joohyun?

“Hyun...” I called out to her.

She briskly wiped her tears away and smiled to us shaking her head at the same time. “I’m alright... that memory came all of a sudden... Mianheyo...” she said.

My mother gently Hyun’s hair and I can actually feel her pity. Mother looked at me and smiled.

I smiled back. I had never realise that mother is very beautiful.

“Yonghwa" mother called out to me.

"Nae" I said almost immediately.

"Can you leave us for a while?” mother said.

I nodded and immediately went to the door. I closed the door behind me and placed my right ear at the door. Indeed I was afraid what mother is going to ask her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Seohyun’s P.O.V-------------

“Seohyun-ssi...” Yong’s mother called out to me with a soft smile on her face.

I turned to her slowly. I couldn’t let out my usual ‘nae’ after looking at her. I really wish to have a mother.

“Seohyun ah... may I call you like that?” she asked.

I nodded. I wish for my mother to call my name. “But omonim... can you call me Joohyun? That is my actual name... ”

She my hair once more and nodded, “Joohyun ah... Thank you...”

Why is she thanking me for? I haven’t done anything for her. “Thanking me for what exactly omonim...?”

“For everything... For changing my son” she said. “I have hated him without knowing that he is innocent. I have hated him so much that I have created hatred inside him as well... I was very aware of his hatred. The way he talk to others, the way he look at others and even myself... it was filled with hatred. But looking at him now, interacting with his group members, his friends... he’s different”

“You were aware?” I asked.

She nodded, “I came to see him once in a while... I promised his father to watch over him but instead I hurt him more. The day I met you was the day I have changed. My heart wavered a little” she let out a soft chuckle.

“What did I do omonim? I’m sorry if I irritate you in some ways...” I apologised.

She shook her head, “No... Joohyun. Not like that. I was jealous...”

Jealous? Why is she jealous for?

“I was jealous because you received attention from the stone hearted boy who was only filled with hate. I denied his presence because he reminds me a lot of his father. He looks just like him... I guess that is why I keep denying his presence...”

I see. I couldn’t say anything on this matter. Apparently all of this that has happened is somehow fated in such twisted ways. My father accidentally killed Yong’s mother and me appearing before him to change his heart. One thing led to another and that this happenings provides answers. Not only to everyone; all of this changed me.

“Well now everything is clear, Yong oppa and you can start anew...” I said.

I saw her thin lips formed an arch showing a few age lines through her smile. He fingers reached for my hair which she gently played with. Then she said, “And hopefully you’ll be together in them”

I smiled.

I don't deny that this is what I'm looking forward to, but now it is not because I like the idea but because of the irony of my circumstance. I am leaving them.