If We Go Down, Then We Go Down Together

We Were Staying In Paris
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I recommend that you guys listen to this song when reading this.

Jongsuk and Woobin were staying in Paris.

There was only one reason behind that; to get Woobin’s parents to stop asking these annoying questions. Questions that made Jongsuk go insane and those questions are the real victim of his madness today.

The question was usually something like this

“Honey, when will the two of you give us grand-children?”

And the tone was sweet peppermint but sounded like screeching when it hit Jongsuk’s ears.

Sure, he loved Woobin once upon a time. But now, their fairy tale was over. Prince Charming was over his love for Cinderella. He needed someone new. It had almost been a year since the two had gotten married. Back then, when he actually loved Woobin, he thought that this would last even in their afterlife.

Now they were slowly crumbling. Like a cake when you first bake it; saccharine, lovely, and heavenly. But the moment you use your knife to cut it, you see the truth of the cake. That it’s crumbling apart little by little. And Jongsuk despised himself for that. For their breaking point came faster than others.  And now, Jongsuk had thoughts about divorce.

In fact, that was the exact surprise he had for Woobin’s and his family when they got back to Korea. And for Woobin, he had the special surprise sent all the way to his address here in Paris.

That's why they were staying in Paris.

Jongsuk first thought of leaving the country himself, but something inside him told him that he needed to grab Woobin’s hand and take him away.

He discovered the reason for taking Woobin with him. It was because he couldn’t stand the look on Woobin’s face whenever he would come back from a different country to take a break from reality. The other would look like he was in so much distress. So much pain was flowing through his veins.

But Jongsuk knew Woobin didn’t love him any longer, the other was probably just unsettled with the fact that their aspirations had snapped so fast.

Jongsuk thought that it was astonishing. That even though the two looked like a perfect shot, he didn’t think they could work out. But the most breathtaking and ravishing thing was that Woobin was back in their penthouse probably crying about their torn relationship; while he was sitting here getting wasted for a stranger. He was letting Woobin fall by himself and it didn’t seem fair, but he’d forgive himself for it.

Life isn’t a beautiful pattern, so coloring outside the lines sometimes is perfectly line. He didn’t expect himself to be this lost in the  drink in his hand. He honestly thought that maybe his past self would stop him.

But that was then. If he still lived in the past, then he’d be living better. Jongsuk would enjoy life if everyone still lived in the past.

The past wasn’t just the past. The past had those fragments of emotions that Jongsuk wanted back.  And he thought to himself, the only way to get them back was to drink his emotions back.

“Your name?”

Jongsuk looked over at the girl whose body was closer to his than it should have been. In a moment like this, he had forgotten his name. As if he could only speak his name as long as he got to add Woobin’s name behind it. As if his last name was only reserved for Woobin’s name.

And this girl who seemed so lost in lust with him wasn’t Woobin.

Even in his un-sober state he could tell this. The girl didn’t have those pitch black eyes that only shined when you spotted the bits of broken memorizes in them.

This girl. She wasn’t exactly the one Jongsuk was looking for. She wasn’t the one who he’d be able to cause pain to and then forgive himself for all the pain he’s caused. He could only do that type of thing with Woobin. If Woobin was alone falling right now, then he wouldn’t let the other fall alone. If they sunk, then they would sink together.

 


 

The sun’s rays shined bright in Jongsuk’s eyes as he picked up the silver fork from the small white, round table he sat at. He watched Woobin walk over to the table, place something on it, and then walk away to get more. He did this several times until he finally sat down in front of Jongsuk and started eating breakfast.

“Today,” Jongsuk’s voice was really low when he spoke. He instantly noticed this and grabbed a glass of water before drinking the clear liquid. “Today I want to take you somewhere.”

Woobin looked up at Jongsuk as his eye’s lit up brightly. “Really?” Was his only reaction. He couldn’t believe that Jongsuk actually wanted to spend time with him. Unless, this was Jongsuk’s best way of saying goodbye. Like the rain before the storm and then the thunder after the storm. The type of thunder that shook up your soul and made you afraid to speak, to love, to feel, to be alive.

Jongsuk was that sort of thunder. The thunder which Woobin danced in the rain with.

Jongsuk nodded and looked back down at his food. “Yes, and I’m sorry for not being me lately. I hope you’ve forgiven all my mistakes, but I’ll try to make everything better.” He swallowed down the silence, and it filled him up more than the food he was eating.

Woobin shook his head. He couldn’t forgive so many mistakes at once. But he forgave Jongsuk for his biggest mistake. Which was asking Woobin to marry him. “It’s fine. You don’t have to apologize, it’s alright.”

It wasn’t alright. In fact, it would never be alright. Not when Woobin still knew that he was Jongsuk’s in a way. This gold ring was still tightly wrapped around his ring finger.

 



Jongsuk watched Woobin from the corner of the bed. The other was standing on the terrace with a small frown on his face. He was taking pictures of himself and then posting them on the internet. Trying to smile for every picture. Making people believe that his life was a beauty. But it wasn’t. It wasn’t anything close to a beauty.

People said that Woobin could do anything. But he couldn’t keep Jongsuk in love with him forever. Nor could he stay in love with Jongsuk.

And they also said that Jongsuk was clever. Everyone was wrong. People were wrong.

Only the heart was right. And Jongsuk’s heart was telling him to let go before he made Woobin insane, just like him.

 

 

Jongsuk’s surprise didn’t take too long to come. In fact, he had actually found the papers in the mail this morning. This is exactly why he was standing on the third floor of the Eiffel Tower tonight, looking across them at the beautiful city and night lights. The soft breeze was almost calming in their silence. Others around them spoke while the two stood silence beside one other.

Jongsuk tightened his grip on the yellow file in his right hand and closed his eyes. This might be the last moment he’d get to spend insane over Woobin. And even tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter