That Man's Sitter

The Devil Meets An Angel

 

                Minutes after Ga In went out, Jea started to clean the house and put Ga In’s things on their proper places then suddenly, she heard a loud bang and immediately came out to check it out. She saw the guy living beside her, lying down on the floor in front of that man’s room.

“Yah! Gwaenchanayo?!” But there’s no response. She slapped his cheeks slightly and she felt that he’s hot and sweating.

“Omo, yah! You have a high fever! I’ll help you stand up, ppali!”

Jea helped him and they entered his room. She put him on his bed and got a basin with cold water and a small towel. She soaked the towel in the cold water and twisted it then she put it on his forehead. . . .

*Ga In

She finished buying the ingredients for the dish she’ll prepare and went to Jea’s place.

“Unnie!!! I’m back!, Ga In said excitedly but no one’s answering then she searched almost every corner of the place but Jea’s not there. She started feeling irritated so she sat down on the sofa with crossed legs and arms with a frowned face, waiting like a wife waiting for her husband late at night. Almost a half of hour already passed when Jea came.

As soon as she closed the door,

“Omo!” Jea said out of shock, her hands automatically placed on her heart with a scared face, “Yah! What do you think you’re doing?! You look like you’re going to eat me. Aigoo, maybe someday I’ll have a heart attack because of you!” then, Jea sat beside her.

“Where did you go?!, Leaving me here alone!”

“The guy living beside us is sick. There’s no one who will take care of him. Tsk tsk tsk, poor guy. Ah! I forgot to tell you, I’m going to work after we eat, do ppali make my lunch! ^-^”

“Aigoo . . . You said you’ll take care of my things but you left it undone! Aaaiiiissshhh, you’re just good at ordering!!!” Ga In pouted.

“Bleeeeeeeh, and also, while I’m gone, take care of THAT GUY.”

“WAAAAAAEEEEE?!”

“As I told you, no one will take good care of him and besides, you have nothing to do plus I’m older than you so you must obey me and you’re a free loader here for a week!, Now, you still got more reasons?!”

“Aish!”

“Ppali! After I take a bath, it must be ready! ^-^”

Ga In finished cooking then later on, they ate. Jea was off to work and Ga In was left alone. She thought about what Jea said but she wants to ignore it so she did everything like watching TV, using the computer, listening to music and she also tried sleep but what Jea said repeats a hundred times on her head until she can’t get rid of it anymore. She stood up and got the keys of that man’s room and went there irritated.

She opened the door and the room was dark so she the lights and saw a neat and clean room. Then she saw the man. She was a bit shocked because it’s the same man that she bumped into. He was panting and burning in fever. She saw the towel that Jea put to his forehead. It was already warm so she applied another one. Then, she saw a sticky note on the table beside the bed. It says:

Things you need to do:

*Buy medicines

*Make porridge and feed him

*Make him drink his medicine

               I know you don’t know what to do because you can’t take care of anyone except yourself. XD Do all that or you’ll end up in the streets! I’m your friend and I want you to experience taking care of others. And I’ll pay you back by taking care of you forever! Mwuah! Love yah always.

                                                                                                                                                                                -Jea

“Aissh! That Jea’s taking advantage of me, just wait for a week, let ‘s see who’ll cry! Hmp!” her eyes with heavy eyeliner were glaring, looks like there’s burning in her and about to explode. It started when Jea said to take good care of that man and had a bad mood through the day.

She went to a drug store to buy medicines and to a market to buy the ingredients needed to make porridge then, she came back to his place and went directly to the kitchen, on her way there, she saw an I.D. hanging on the wall with that man’s face and it says “Jo Kwon”. Then she whispers, “ Jo Kwon, curse you!” and put down the bags.

“Aish! That guy’s really giving me a lot of trouble. Why’s unnie so worried about him???” She took a deep breath and said, “okay, Ga In-ah, just think like this: Stop complaining and just do it so that you’ll finish as soon as possible. So . . . let’s start!”

She started cooking porridge then fed him. He’s too weak so Ga In added some pillows on his upper back. He ate a little and now, it’s time to drink his medicine.

“ How in the world can I make this person drink this medicine?!??!? He’s weak and can’t even eat or sit! Aigoohuhuhuhu”

Ga In sat beside him and glared at his face and the first thing she saw was his lips. Ga in thought of something but instead of thinking about it for a long time, she just did it. The first thing she did was getting her camera and she put the medicine on and it stayed there.

“You owe me one!”

She kissed Jo Kwon and transferred the medicine onto him. While doing it, she took a picture as evidence and also for the future use XD. Even though it’s Ga In first kiss, it looks like she doesn’t even bothered about it.

Because of exhaustion, Ga In took a nap beside him . . .

 

Author’s note:

Please don’ get me wrong in this chapter!!! It’s not something like a “”. I used this to just brighten up the story a little. XD Putakhamnida!!! Just leave your comments down there, and if a lot of person dislikes it, I’ll make sure I’ll edit it! I promise!