You're the only reason I cry

Sunshine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're here!"

 

Zitao turned his head, eyes locking with Kyungsoo who's settling his self on the restaurant sofa in front of him.

 

"Hyung? Jongin said you're not here?"

 

Kyungsoo chuckled, rolling his eyes while shaking his head.

 

"You know him, Tao, he'd do anything to get me away from you."

 

Zitao gave out a high pitched laugh. "He's the one who introduced me to you!"

 

"Exactly, but he said he's regretting it because your story is all that I talk about sometimes." The owl-like boy smiled, his gaze softened as he remembered why he sat down with the panda in the first place. " So... anything new with you and Yifan?"

 

Zitao eyes suddenly shifted to the hot tea he ordered. The weather's quite gloomy today, really fitting for his drink, and the emotions brewing inside him.

 

"He's probably with someone else today. He went out earlier, I felt lonely when I woke up, so here I am."

 

There's a faint smile plastered on Zitao's face, yet his eyes spill out every emotion that he can't let out. Kyungsoo can't help but feel sad for Tao's unfortunate predicament. It's heartbreaking for him to see such a lovely person wither from loving someone so much.

 

"Do you think it's like before?" He asked, voice mellow and filled with concern.

 

Zitao once again locked eyes with Kyungsoo, his chest heavy like a ton of bricks have been placed inside it.

 

"Yes, Hyung." He answered honestly, even though it made him feel like a thousand needles suddenly pricked his heart. "I know he's in love again, and guess what?"

 

Zitao laughed loudly like a madman, and it made Kyungsoo give out a pinched look. Because no matter how much he thinks about it, he can't find anything funny about the situation.


"It's not me again," Zitao gritted out. "It's never gonna be me."


Kyungsoo could only watch as the younger pours out his real feelings.

 

"It hurts Hyung, it hurts so much I don't know what to do anymore!" Zitao wailed, already feeling the corner of his eyes watering and his chin trembling.

 

"Tao, please don't cry." Kyungsoo coos, but it made the opposite effect because Zitao began sobbing. "Holy- Oh god! Baby, don't cry!"

 

Kyungsoo immediately went on the other side and sat down beside Tao who turned his body to hug his Hyung and bury his face in his chest to muffle his cries. The elder hugged back, his motherly instinct kicking in as he comforts his baby panda.

 

Zitao doesn't usually show his weak side, but lately, it's been so hard to put up a facade when he's carrying such burden all alone. Besides, this is Kyungsoo who's seeing everything right now.

 

It was around last year when Jongin, his and Yifan's classmate back in high school, introduced Kyungsoo to him. The elder owns the restaurant which is conveniently near his university and Jongin works part-time for him.

 

Zitao kept on coming back for the food at first. But sometimes Kyungsoo would sit down with him to have a little chat. The panda soon became very fond of the owl-like owner because he has this quality that made Tao give his full trust to him.

 

Kyungsoo emits this protective aura that draws a childlike Zitao in. Even though he's seen Satansoo -courtesy of one clumsy Jongin- it didn't stop him from treating Kyungsoo as his mom.

 

He'd always come here when he has stories to tell, be it sad or happy. It's like Kyungsoo holds his diary, because even all the things that happened way back in high school, he knows. Especially the sad parts.


"Is everything okay? Some customers are looking."

 

Zitao didn't have to raise his head to know that it's Jongin who's talking. Not just from the voice, but also the tinge of jealousy laced in his tone is a dead give away.

 

"Jongin, just go back to work. Let them be nosy, but don't answer them if they ask about Zitao okay?"

 

"Sure thing boss." Jongin immediately answered, but oddly he never left and still kept on staring blankly at the two.

 

"What?" Kyungsoo inquired.

 

"Why is he hugging you?" Jongin asked back, a frown marring his face.

 

'Oh for the love of gods.'

 

Zitao thought, his dark feeling suddenly evaporating but his temper flaring up. He badly wants to smack Jongin across the head right now.

 


"Huh? He's crying, can't you see?" Kyungsoo's brows furrowed, unable to understand the younger's point.

 


"I know, but why does he have to hug you?"

 


"Jongin, that's a stupid question." Kyungsoo deadpanned.

 


Zitao eye-rolled, finally removing his face from Kyungsoo's chest to glare at  Jongin. He then propped his self into a proper sitting position, then suddenly tugged Kyungsoo and hugged him again.

 

Now since Tao is tall, he looks like a protective boyfriend who's fully capable of kicking instead of the child he was earlier. It made him smirk when Jongin furrowed his brows and lips turned into a thin line.

 


"I hate you! I won't let you date my mommy!" Zitao blurted out childishly while wiping off his tears with his arm.

 

Kyungsoo's huge eyes became more extensive, his heart-shaped lips hanging agape from hearing his baby panda's scandalous words.

 

"Y-you!" Jongin stuttered, his tan skin suddenly becoming redder by the minute.

 

It's no mystery to Zitao that these two's in love with each other, but stupid enough not to know it. Seriously, they're not so discreet with their feelings, especially when they're jealous.

 

'Well, at least I can be cupid to these two.'

 

Zitao thought, but he prefers to play around for now, or mess around with Jongin to be specific.

 

"Mommy! If you ever date this guy, I don't wanna call him Daddy." Zitao whined, but then he slyly smirked and leaned down to whisper in Kyungsoo's ear. "It sounds weird, but maybe Yifan Gege would fit the title."

 

A scandalous gasp erupted from Kyungsoo's mouth, pulling away to look at Tao who's laughing his heart out. Jongin just stood there, suspicious that the panda might have said something weird about him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter