You're so hard to let go

Sunshine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 
 
"So where did you go while I was gone Taozi?"


They're currently huddling in front of the study desk, with Yifan sitting on the mesh-back computer chair he grabbed from the other side. He's holding a fork while Zitao is using the spoon.


"Mmnn... I was with Kyungsoo Hyung."
 

'Kyungsoo?'
 

Yifan thought, his thick eyebrows furrowing from the thought of the young owl-eyed owner of a cafe near their university. He knew that Kyungsoo is a friend and also the boss of Jongin. But he doesn't go to that cafe only because he and Jongin aren't really on good terms. Well, they used to be somewhat civil back then. They weren't that close but- how do you put it? They were okay if it's by not minding each other's existence.
 

Jongin was popular due to his dancing. He's been in several competitions, and there's none in which he hasn't bagged home several awards. To say that he's good at what he's doing is a total understatement. He's just made for dancing, his body emitting grace and precision whenever he moves to the beat of his chosen track.


He's famous for it, but it never got to his head. He remained distant and preferred to be alone. But it astonished Yifan when one day when he decided to hang out with the 'cool kids' after school, he saw Zitao going to the room which the dance troupe uses to practice. Confused about the panda's business in there, he decided to tell the others that he'll follow later with an alibi that he forgot to pass a late essay. Of course, the idiots believed it, or rather they're just too excited to wait for him.


Anyway, he decided to be nosy and peeked inside the room. What his eyes absorbed didn't settle well to his mind. Jongin, the usual snob, is bantering with Zitao like a kid.
 

"You okay, Ge?"
 

Zitao could only stare at his sunshine which has a frown on his face. They were happily munching a minute ago, and he couldn't be any happier by just spending his time with Yifan. Eating together became a rarity between them, especially when Yifan's taking extra classes. Also, even if they're both free for breakfast during Wednesdays, his sunshine chooses to be with someone else, which is the girl he's beginning to fall in love. It breaks the panda, and yet here he is, happy to be remembered even for just today. He knows that he's stupid for being like this, and he accepts it wholeheartedly. 
 
"Jongin, he still works there right?"
 
Zitao blinked, focusing his attention back to Yifan. To his surprise, the elder's staring at particularly nothing, but there's a hint of distaste etched in his eyes.

"Yes, he's on duty today." He answered timidly, wondering why Yifan's asking about Jongin out of nowhere.

"Oh, did he take a break while you were there?"

"Ummn... No?" The panda mumbled, then a small smile bloomed its way to his bow-shaped lips when he remembered something. "He's acting like a kid though, throwing temper tantrums because I'm making him jealous. He even slammed the door on me when I was in the kitchen."

 

When those words left his mouth, Yifan immediately turned his head to his direction, his brown orbs filled with an emotion that Zitao could not decipher. Also, his eyes seem to darken when it darted to the fond smile that Zitao's sporting.

 

"Jealous? Over what?" Yifan inquired, shifting his gaze on the food that he brought. He realized that he had lost his appetite, but his hand still moved to stab a piece of meat, almost breaking the plastic utensil in the process. This action garnered Zitao's attention, whose head turned back to his favorite meal, then to the large hand that looks quite tense in his opinion.

 

The younger's smile disappeared, replaced with confusion as he tries to figure out why Yifan's acting like he's holding back. "Well, I've been purposely clinging to Kyungsoo Hyung earlier to piss him off."

 

It took a moment of silence of waiting before Zitao got a response. A response in which resulted in him holding his breath as he felt the elder placing an arm on the back of his wooden chair, effectively making the brunet think like Yifan's looming over him. Zitao's feline-eyes went wide, creating an illusion that he owns a pair of doe orbs with natural bags underneath. Unfortunately for his poor heart, Yifan decided that it's the best idea to be picky, so when his hand reached out, it remained stretched out for he's still choosing which to stab with his utensil. It efficiently caged the brunet who peered up at the elder, realizing too late that turning his head just a bit almost cost him a heart attack because his nose nearly brushed along the jawline of his beloved. Yifan seemed unaffected with their proximity, giving most of his attention to their meal, but never forgetting to squeeze out information about the events that happened to his peach earlier.

 

"So you're telling me that you were trying to make him jealous by attaching yourself with a guy who's older than you?" Yifan rephrased to which he got a meek yes from the younger. "Did you have fun then?"

 

"I did, I always go there just to ."

 

He knew he ed up with his answer when he felt the hand on the back of his chair tightening, and Yifan's face contorting from displeasure. In Zitao's defense, he's just honest. What he doesn't understand though, is why the elder's acting like a protective older brother when he's old enough to make decisions. If he's ranting like this as a jealous lover, then that would be a different matter. But Zitao's not delusional, he knew better than to hope for the impossible.

 

"Really? So you go there to see his pissed off expression? You must like to get on his nerves, maybe so that he can always remember you? No?" Yifan asked all these questions in a gruff voice, making the other's brows furrow in confusion. "Is that why you're there again? Must be huh?"<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter