The God-Man

The Moon and The Man

Jongin is walking among mortals, living among mortals, even trying their food, which by the way tastes better compared to the food they had centuries ago, but he isn’t walking as a god, he’s walking disguised as a mortal so that he can lure Kyungsoo into his heart.

 

After Baekhyun’s visit, he realized that he needed to take action before some fool decided to snatch Kyungsoo away and before he could kill the said fool. So he disguised himself as a mortal that takes photographs and a student studying the stars and moved into Kyungsoo’s neighborhood. He will ease into Kyungsoo’s life, not kidnap him and keep him like that one guy who snatched away his beloved and trapped his beloved underground.

 

Jongin just came from the bookstore where Kyungsoo works at. He drops by often but not too often; he doesn’t want to appear like a stalker. He pretends that he needed to buy something for his work or his studies just to get a glimpse at the boy. He already lost count how many times he just wanted to push the other boy on the wall and kiss him senselessly.

 

 

 

Jongin sat in a café, enjoying a hot cup of coffee, something that mortals did not go wrong with, when out of the blue, Baekhyun appeared in front of him.

 

“You cleaned up nice. That’s me, politely saying that you’re so hot” Baekhyun his lips as he stared at Jongin.

 

“What do you want Baekhyun?” Jongin rolled his eyes at the god in front of him.

 “Hey. I complimented you, the least that you could do was to say thank you. Didn’t you know that mortals do that kind of thing?” Baekhyun shot the other god a glare but the other didn’t flinch a bit.

 

“I dropped by to tell you that other gods are keeping an eye on you. They don’t want you to forget about your obligations” Jongin snorted. He could not believe these guys. He had been taking care of the moon eons ago. The moment he set eyes on the beautiful rock, he knew that he needed to take care of it. He loves his job.

 

“Tell those idiots not to worry. I might have lost my sh*t because of Kyungsoo but the moon is like my best friend” Baekhyun just rolled his eyes at the other. Jongin is so dramatic sometimes.

 

“They’re just worried that you’d bail on the eclipse party because, without you, they wouldn’t have an excuse to get wasted and do stupid shi*t. Remember when mortals decided to abandoned making festivals for their patron god? A lot of them lost their because they can’t party anymore. Natural calamities just sprung out of nowhere” Jongin chuckled at the memory. Those times were eons ago. When mortals worshiped them and venerate them through festivals and when mortals stopped, the gods got scared that without mortals, they’d be forgotten.

 

“Mortals should’ve seen that coming. Demigod mortality dropped to 99% percent because gods wouldn’t have a reason to mingle with the mortals anymore” both laughed. Gods are complex beings. They stick their noses into something they shouldn’t have and that never ended in happily ever after, but even with the statistics, gods will repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

 

“And the 1% isn’t even real demigods. A demigod who cannot wield a sword or even pluck a perfect arrow is not worthy of the title, man. They used to be our last resort into cleaning our mess but now, all they can do is make a whole theater swoon over their musical talent or solve physics problems” Baekhyun sighed and stood up. Ready to take his leave.

 

“An eclipse without a party is not an eclipse. Inform them if they’re willing to have the party in my house here in the mortal world. Gods need to get our more Baek. I’ll show them a good time and I promise that no maniac will serve them a stews son” both toasted to that and Baekhyun disappeared again to deliver the message.

 

a/n

Hello.
Thanks for reading.
I had fun making the story.
I hope that you'll continue to support me.
Thanks.