|| debt

Butterfingers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

two || debt

                                                                                                                                    

 

Everyone in the palace was too busy preparing for the ceremony that no one actually noticed the prince sneaking out. “This is too easy.” Prince Seokmin smirked as he covered his head with a hood and got ready to climb the tree from the window.

Carefully, he lifted one foot up to the branch of the tree and just as he was about to do the same for the other, a blade suddenly found its way in the front of , making him almost lose his balance.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

Seokmin gulped as beads of sweat formed on his forehead. “Uh----Just---“ he slightly moved away from the sword that was only centimeters away from him.

“Just?”

“Taking a stroll around the market?” Seokmin mentally slapped himself at his lame excuse.

“At this time?”

Seokmin gulped once again. “Uh----“  Busted.  “No----Uhmm----Just----Will you please take this blade away from me? It’s making me nervous.”

“Get down here.” Seokmin lowered his head in defeat, ‘Chance wasted’. He unwillingly obliged to his brother’s command and got down from the window. Seokmin lowered his head as he stood up, his eyes refusing to mee with his infuriated brother.

“Explain.”

“I was just---- I was----“ he stammered as he spoke, the gaze that was focused on him made him even more unable to speak clearly.

“You were going to escape.”

“No I wasn’t, I wanted to--”

“But unfortunately, I found you.”

“That’s not it, I---“

“And now you won’t admit even though you’re already found out.”

“It’s not like that Wonwoo. It’s-----“ this time, it was not Wonwoo who interrupted, but the entrance of a female who seems to be from the parliament.

“The council summons you, Your Highness.” The woman slightly bowed her head as she handed over an order to him from the leaders.

Wonwoo took the paper and read it. His expression changed as he scanned over the contents, eyes griming more than it originally is. “This is ridiculous.” he scoffed right before he crumpled it and faced the woman. “Tell them I’ll be there.”

After she left, Wonwoo turned his attention back to his brother, who was just staring at them as they talked. “You’re grounded. You are not to leave your room until the ceremony.”

“But—“

“No buts, I have to meet the council.” Wonwoo his back and walked away from him. Upon opening the door, he added. “Don’t be stubborn.”

As soon as his brother closed the door, Seokmin felt his his body shake as he fell to the ground, he then heaved a sigh of relief. ‘Saved.’

Of course, being grounded was better than being nagged at.

On the other side of the door, Wonwoo threw himself at the wall and used it as a support as he placed his hand on top of his forehead, massaging it slowly. “Really troublesome.”

 

                                                                                                                                    

 

"You knew she was someone from the imperial army and yet you decided to pick a fight. Great job on attempting to get us arrested." Sohye clapped her hands sarcastically.

"Her horse stepped on our food! I can't just do nothing." she argued.

"It's better than being locked up in jail."

"But it was supposed to be for Ji Hoon." Mina lowered her head, trying to fight the tears from coming out. "My friend said it was some kind of medicine so I worked a whole week at their shop so I could have some."

Sohye was taken aback. ‘So it was like that.’ her lips slightly formed a smile. "Okay I'm sorry." she said as she hugged her sister.

“You should be.” Mina said, trying to make her sound guilty. “I’m the victim here.”

They both broke into a laugh. "Let's eat?" Mina's eyes widened in excitement, it’s like the word ‘eat’ is the only thing that could keep her alive.

Haha. It is food we are talking about.

Both of them sat in front of the table. Mina placed two plates on the table while Sohye prepared their food. And as they were about to eat, a loud knock banged on the door. Sohye who was already holding a spoon, stopped her hand mid-air with hanging wide open at the anticipation of food.

The person outside kept knocking.

 The two looked at each other for a second, eye-fighting over who's going to open the door. Mina kicked Sohye's foot, making her squeal in pain and shoot daggers at Mina, who pretended like nothing happened.

Defeated, she pulled herself slackly and made her way to the door, biting an apple on her way.

The knocking didn’t stop until she finally opened the door. Sohye's body tensed, her face grew bitter when she saw the man standing outside their house. The apple she was holding slipped out of her hand and made a loud thud.

‘What is he doing here?’

"Who is it?" shouted Mina, but not so loud that their brother would wake up.

"It's uhm----" Sohye picked the apple in a panicked state. “It’s—“

The awkwardness in her tone made the man outside irked. "It is I! Heechul the Great!" so even without a welcome, he made himself very at home inside as he forcefully opened the door and walked past Sohye then sat on a small chair.

Sohye quietly closed the door and sighed.

Mina rolled her eyes.

"What are you doing here? We've already paid you this month's due." Mina irritatingly said as she munched on her food. "And I'm not giving you some."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter