|| turmoil

Butterfingers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

eight || turmoil

                                                                                                                                                                       

Loud knocks came from the door as Sohye and Seokmin sat in front of one another, the former helping him with the wound, and the latter just embarrassedly staring at anything that is not her.

Their gazes instantly fell on the door, and then to each other. ‘Is it Heechul?’ she asked herself. ‘But Heechul has a key.’

“I’ll go get it.” She handed him the towel and stood up.

Sohye walked towards the door and tipped her toes as she looked at the peephole to see who was outside. To her surprise, there were more people than she had originally thought.

‘What is happening?’

“Is it that guy you’re with?” Seokmin curiously asked.

Sohye put on a puzzled expression and shook her head. She leaned closed to the door and asked. “Who is it?”

“Please open this door.” Someone said.

“What do you want?”

The soldiers looked at one another. ‘It’s a woman.’ They thought. “It is nothing of your concern. Please open the door.”

Sohye’s brows came together as she found the other party’s demands unbelievable. “This is our room, why would it be none of my concern?”

“If you don’t want any trouble, just open the door.”

‘I’d be more in trouble if Heechul found out I let another stranger in, moreover a group at that.’

“I can’t do that, I’m sorry.”

After that, Sohye didn’t hear anything from the outside. ‘They must have left.’ She thought and heaved a sigh of relief. She turned towards Seokmin and smiled.

Little did they know, no one ever left the scene and contrary to that, someone actually came, forcing all of the soldiers to freeze where they stood. “What is wrong?” the newly arrived prince spoke from behind along with the two soldiers from earlier.

No one spoke, or rather, they couldn’t. They were still in awe from the sudden appearance of the eldest prince, and of course, infuriated.

“Answer me!” his angry shout startled not only the soldiers but also the two beings inside the room.

Sohye, again leaned against the door and peeked through the peephole. “Who is that?” she asked herself as she caught sight of a handsome young man at the back where everyone’s eyes fell upon.

“What’s wrong? Didn’t they leave?” asked Seokmin as he slowly stood up from his seat and moved closer to Sohye.

“Ahh---No---They’re still here.”

The soldiers made way for the prince.

Sohye nervously watched the young man as he moved towards their direction. For some reason, she felt like they were in deep trouble. “Oh no, He’s coming—He’s coming.” she anxiously held onto Seokmin’s shirt as she kept her eyes through the hole.

“Who is?”

“Open the door.” The prince said, his tone very imposing.

Seokmin felt a cold shiver down his spine. ‘Impossible.’

Sohye gulped. “Who are you?” she asked again.

The man outside was already getting impatient. “I said, open the door.” In a calm angry voice, he repeated, and he’s not going to do it again.

‘It can’t be.’ And just before Sohye was about to say another word, Seokmin quickly covered . “Hmm—mmm----mmm!” she tried to get away from his grip but he was much stronger than her.

‘What are you doing?’

“Shh. Don’t speak.” Seokmin said in a soft voice so that the other side wouldn’t hear, unfortunately, Sohye also didn’t hear what he said. She continued to struggle in his arms, wanting to break free.

“Mm-mmm-mmm--mm!”

‘Let go of me!’

Without actually thinking, Sohye bit Seokmin’s finger and managed to break away. “Ah!”

Sohye held her jaw as she glared at Seokmin.

“What was that for!” she shouted in a whisper.

“It’s not what you think—I just---“ Seokmin was cut off by a voice from outside.

On the other side of the door, Wonwoo tightly held onto his sword as he said, “Seokmin I know you’re in there! And if you’re not going to come out—“ just as he said those, he started to slowly unsheathe his sword. “I’ll have to force you out!” Wonwoo angrily pointed his sword on the door, making the soldiers behind him back away.

Sohye panicked when she heard the commotion but all through that, Seokmin recognized that sound. The sound of that particular sword being unsheathed, he knew it all too well.

“Get away from the door!” Seokmin shouted as he pulled Sohye away from it.

Not a second later, a sword drilled through the wooden door that almost caught Sohye had Seokmin not pulled her away. The two of them fell on the floor, looking at the sharp sword in terror and confusion.

Not long after, the blade slowly slid down, cutting the door in half. Sohye watched in disbelief. ‘What is this?’

Wonwoo angrily kicked the halved door in front of him into the ground, revealing his petrified brother on the ground and some girl in his arms.

The prince’s eye twitched in annoyance.

‘He ran away just to be with a woman?’Unbelievable!

“Seokmin.” He said in an imposing tone as he walked towards the two then lifted his sword to point it at his brother.

Seokmin gulped and smiled awkwardly. “He-Hey brother! How are you?” he stammered, his eyes watching out for the sharp point of the sword inches away from his face as he wiped he beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

The soldiers behind Wonwoo stayed out of it. From years of serving the royal army, they already learned not to interfere with royal conflicts, especially when it comes to the two Princes.

This kind of occurrence is nothing more than a normal sibling’s quarrel.

“Just fine.” The first prince maintained his calm and said in a controlled voice. “But I can’t say the same for you.” He added as he slightly moved along with the sword forward to his brother, who automatically moved back from the sword.

“Wh—what are you saying, I was just talking a walk! Haha” Seokmin tried in a joking manner, hoping that it would work. But Wonwoo was too angry this time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter