|| preparation

Butterfingers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Sohye woke up later than usual.

What happened yesterday drained all the life out of her making her fall on top of the soft comfortable chair outside the bedroom, which is why right about now, she is wondering as to why she suddenly woke up in a large bed.

Sohye rubbed her eyes and scanned her surroundings. Heechul didn’t seem to be there.

She then got up and rearranged the pillows and the blanket on top of the mattress that she messed up while asleep.

After her mind was finally awake, did she only realize that a voice other than Heechul’s was coming from outside. It was a woman’s voice.

Without giving it a second thought, Sohye mindlessly opened the door as she was curious as to whom Heechul was speaking with.

The two, Heechul and the lady who was busy discussing some things stopped to look at Sohye as they heard the sound of the door opening.

“Finally.” Heechul said as he stood up. “You’ve been asleep for more than ten hours.” He impatiently stated as he walked up to Sohye while gesturing for the lady to come with him.

Sohye didn’t know who she was or why she was here. She could only wonder. If she asked Heechul, he’d probably tell her that it’s none of her business. “You should have woken me up.” She replied, turning back his attention to the guy in front of her.

Heechul’s expression changed. “Ha?” in a mocking tone, he said “Mind you, I tried very hard just to wake you up. But when you finally opened your eyes, you just looked at me for two seconds and turned back to sleep! Do you have any idea how hard it was for me? And you tell me to wake you up? Are you kidding me?”

Sohye didn’t know what to do in that situation.

‘Why is he so angry?’ Thoughts kept popping on her head, but none of them could be vocalized into words. ‘Now that I think about it, Mina used to wake me up with a bucket of cold water every morning.’

Sohye’s gaze fell onto the other lady in the room in her attempt to avoid Heechul. The lady smiled at her and bowed her head a little. “Good morning, my lady.” She greeted as she took the side of her clothes and curtsied.

Sohye was taken aback. “My lady?”

Deeming the waking-up-matter unimportant, Heechul shifted himself to a position where he could see the two. “This is Princess Kim Sohye of Rosetta, Luminus.” Heechul said to the lady, and once again, earning a confused look from mentioned princess’ face.

‘What are you doing?’

But Heechul only smiled at Sohye.

“Sohye, this is Kim Sejeong, your lady in waiting.”

And yeah, all of you probably know this by now; his smiles never meant anything good.

 

“What do you mean they’re not here yet!” Prince Wonwoo furiously slammed his fist against the table as he angrily stood up from hearing one of the guard’s reports.

There was something wrong.

He sent his soldiers for about ten hours ago and yet none came back. They should have been back by now. Yes, there is definitely something wrong.

‘The ceremony is a few hours away!’

The soldier stayed silent as he watched the Prince fiddle with his thoughts, and without noticing it, he too was drowning in his own as his hands formed into a fist at the thought of his friend in danger.

‘Jisoo.’ He muttered in anger. ‘Damn you Seung Cheol! How dare you bring Jisoo to that kind of place!’ Jeonghan couldn’t even comprehend what he’d do to him once he sees him, if he ever sees him again.

Lost in their thoughts, none of the two noticed the loud footsteps that echoed throughout the halls outside the library. The soldier ran past the guards and stopped inside the room where he saw Prince Wonwoo and a few guards that were too tensed up to even move.

The soldier crouched down in heavy ragged breaths, but the news that he arrived with couldn’t wait. “Prince----You—Your Highness!” he said, panting. The mention of his title made everyone’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter