(+2) TEASER 00 : FATE'S CROSSROAD

《WELCOME HOME》 | vacancy! apply now!

 

《WELCOME HOME》 : FATE'S CROSSROAD.
 
«SEO YUJIN»  
 
the bright blue light that's reflected by the surface of the river to their feet made him tense up. the second his shoulders started shaking, he felt his girlfriend's warm hands wrapping themselves around his left one, as if to reassure him and soothe the pain the image they had just seen left behind. he felt the whole process of his muscles relaxing, eyes still glued to the brightly glowing letters police on the back of an officer's jacket- he had taken care of the whole paperwork regarding the witnesses, including the two of them.
YUJIN'S GAZE SHIFTed DOWN TO HIS wet clothes- if he thought about it, his whole body felt like it was was about to freeze, yet he had denied a thermal blanket and had asked the paramedics to give it to the man who had helped him pulling the victim out of the  river.
his face turned into a painful grimace.
in a few months, his time in med-school would come to an end- yet he's still not capable of saving someone's life.
 
it seems i'll have to work even harder in the future.
 
«LEE HWAN»
 
HE COVERed HIS HEAD WITH A SECOND PILLOW to blind out the noise. 
when hwan signed up for college, he knew it was time to man up and become an adult- if he had known that becoming an adult meant listening to lectures about stuff foreign to his ears by day and partying hard until you threw up and got back to drinking again, he would have possibly chosen a different living community- or a college closer to his family's household. 
hwan turned in his bed, throwing his smaller pillow at the door that lead to the livingroom where the noise came from. if only his flatmates were a tiny bit more... considerate, he could possibly deal with their habits and loud music- but they had never shown any real sign of interest in him or his studies or the job he had just gotten himself to pay the rent that was surely way too much for that tiny room... nor had they ever made any real attempts to talk to him. 
his fingers already worked on turning the dorrknob when he heard his flatmates arguing, appearingly in front of his door.
"don't tell me you wanna ask him to join?? he's so awkward, i'm sure he'll just scare the girls away-" their only female tenant jumped into the conversation as well. "i don't think he even likes girls. what if he ends up hitting on you instead once he gets drunk?" a pause, followed by words dying down as his fellow mates seem to make their way back to the actual party, where no one hears the small crackling sound of hwan's heart as he withstands the urge to just leave right away and instead gets back to hiding under his covers, ear buds in and music on full volume as he tries to ignore the sting in his eyes.
 
«KIM HYESUNG»
 
the playground is empty when he arrives- understandable, hyesung notes, as it is already long past midnight. the only sounds noticeable are the rustling of his small black plastic back and the gentle squeak of the swing he takes a seat on, chains possibly older than him and in need of oil carrying his weight as he starts swinging lightly and carefully unwraps the content of the convenience store bag in his hand.
the popsicle's easily broken in halves, one quickly vanishes in his mouth, while the second one stays in his left hand, untouched and dripping down dangerously close to his shoes, as the thought of no one to share it with hits him.
hyesung's feet slightly push again, the swing now swaying to the beat of my medicine. hyesung sighes as he eyes the small picture that's displayed on his phone. the name luna resonates in his mind, calming his inner uproar like a gentle summer breeze. with every beat, his breathing steadies, and he wipes the unnoticed tears he'd been shedding before away.
whenever hyesung's in trouble, her voice is there to calm him, to dry his tears and soothe the suffocating sadness that bubbles up whenever his parents can't keep their voices low, or when he's pushed to the back in the few moments of glory that belong to him. she fills the emptiness he holds inside and, sometimes, he thinks that he can feel her hand resting on his shoulder as if to signal him you're not alone.
whenever his mind screams it's your fault! at whatever happens to him, luna's there to hush the voices and to lull him in and put him to sleep. make some good memories, she now sings, and he opens his eyes wide, head thrown back to take a good look at the stars above. here, minutes away from what he used to call home, he feels free and alive. a gust of wind blows the scent of peonies and lavender into his mind. here, far away from his troubles, he's breathing.
 
«jang inna»
 
once again, she finds herself confused on a saturday evening. inna finds herself busied with twirling a strand of hair around her right index finger, while she urgently tries to keep her mind off of a certain fellow student.
it's nothing but another saturday night out with most of the members from her dance department at konkuk. nothing but another night where she's sitting face to face with a certain young man who's been ghosting around in the back of her mind. 
say something, she urges herself, but her eyes suddenly are glued to the fingers of another girl dancing around dangerously close to his hand that holds on to his glass.
her attention is finally drawn away from him by one of their fellow students putting his glass on the table with a fair bit of excitement. inna pulls a face at how his beer spills everywhere on the table and gives him a flat expression that's paired with furrowed eyebrows, when he starts telling the group rumors he'D HEARED ABOUT THE SHARE HOUSE ONE OF THEIR PROFESSORS OWNED.
she played them off as nonsense and jokes, yet inna still found herself shaking unintentionally at the thought of flickering lights, creaking steps or even her own bed shifting when she thought she was fast asleep. her classmate completely had her at the part of his story, where supposedly ballet shoes flew around in a perfectly lit house and curtains twirled in the wind like ball gowns, when she shrieked at the sudden touch of her hand. 
when she looked up, her eyes met the face of jimin, her favoured dance partner, who gave her a questioning look. you okay?, he mouthed, and she nodded eagerly, a few of her dark locks shaking. he snickered at her action and got up, getting ready to hit the dance floor. inna immediately got up as well, in sync with a handful of other students. 
yes, it was just another saturday evening, but she perfectly knew why she favoured these nights the most. saturdays meant more than sitting around and being cat-called by wanna-be playboys. they meant dancing the night away... with jimin.
 
 
«fateD'S NAME»
 
coming soon;
 
 
 
«fate is cruel.»