Chapter 13 - Messing Around

XxX: Mission XO

XXX: Operation XO

Chapter 13 – Messing Around

The stars are really pretty tonight, I note as I lay back on one of the poolside chairs, dressed in a white dressing gown with Joonmyeon laying beside me in similar attire. It would be a bit of a squeeze if he weren’t so small and adorable but I won’t tell him that because it’ll just lead to him digging me in the ribs and they’re already sore enough.

Plus, it’s nice to share in this quiet section of night that we have remaining before we have to go back to the chaos that is our current lives.

Joonmyeon shifts his head a little from my chest, his still wet hair dripping onto one of the few patches of bare skin that I have on show which tickles me a little but he doesn’t notice, instead focusing on a strange looking watch. Naturally it was originally Gucci but it’s been adapted as a sort of time freezer, it only has a temporary affect though and only Joonmyeon knows how to use it which is probably a good thing given the kids we’ve got to look after.

I glance at him, “How long have we got left?”

“Half an hour,” he sighs gently in response, moving as if to sit up, “We should probably get sorted and... Yifan!”

I pull him back down by his waist and hold him nice and steady against my body, “Too comfortable!”

Joonmyeon laughs at me, as he hits my chest with his fist, “Stop being so sweet and cuddly! You know we’ve got to go back.”

I pout childishly at him, “Don’t want to.”

A receive a glare in response, “God, you are such a pain, you know that?”

“Yup,” I grin and before he can complain, pull him in for a quick kiss which he practically melts into though he would never actually admit that out loud because he doesn’t like to admit those sorts of things. See Joonmyeon tries to pretend to be all cool and big, brave and strong but, he’s nothing short of a big, cute, fluffy bunny. He hates it when I call him that but secretly I think he likes it as well.

Though there is a dangerous side to him as well, one that even I won’t mess with and I would probably be one of the few would only get a lighter version of it.

He pulls back eventually, breathing heavily with a deep-set look to his eyes and I can’t help but grin at him just a little bit more. “Don’t you dare,” he says softly in response, though I can tell that he’s just as excited at the prospect as I was, “We’ve already had about ten rounds and before you ask, no we have not got time for a quickie either because you never stick to those and we’ve got to get cleaned up and back to...Fan!”

I pull my hands away from his oh so juicy thighs as he scolds me with a very firm smack to the back of my head, “I’m serious. We can’t take any more time for this.”

Sighing I pull back, “Okay, point taken. Though I would still rather have you in my arms all of the time.”

“I know and I kinda want it too,” he replies, leaning in for his own too brief kiss before pulling back, “But if we had that going all of the time then nothing would ever get done and we can’t allow that. Especially considering that I want all my babies back.”

That makes me sober up and I sit upright, lovingly wrapping my hands around his frame, “We’ll get him back. They won’t take him from us this time.”

“But we’re still not complete,” Suho responds, “Jongdae and Xiumin...”

“They weren’t killed,” I say softly, “It was just the clones, just like always. Tao was there at the airport, they were probably just acting as additional guards for him and they’ll more than likely be at the Sea as well. Once we’ve got them, then we’ll be home and dry.”

Suho looks up at me, “But what about...”

“Chanyeol will probably be somewhere in the damn park,” I say softly towards him, “When I’m not around he acts like Tao’s bodyguard, you know that. Whatever the hell we’re getting dragged into this time is all going to take place at The Sea and whatever happens we will all be together and this time we’ll break whatever craziness is going on and get somewhere better.”

“I hope so,” Suho says and sighs, before chuckling, “Though you get the joy of trying to explain this all to the kids at some point, I hope you do remember that.”

I pout at him again, “Hey you’re the one with the perfect photographic memory, not me. Why do I have to do it?”

“Because I’m their cute Suho Mama, whereas you’re their Benben Baba so ergo they’ll believe you over me,” Suho grins and chuckles again, “Plus you can’t lie to save your life unless it is literally to save your life.”

“Hey I...” sighing, I push Joonmyeon away from me – though not so hard that he falls, just enough to give myself some room to stand up – before offering my hand to him, “It’s a good thing that I love you, you know? Cause any other guy said that to me and I’d kick him in the balls.”

Joonmyeon nods towards me, standing cutely on his tiptoes to place a kiss on my lips, “I know. Come on, let’s get sorted and back on track with everything. If we manage to survive tomorrow then you can really have a full day and night with me in bed and the kiddies won’t be able to complain in the slightest about it.”

“Of course not,” I grin cheekily back, “They’ll be too busy screwing one another to even think straight. Ow!”

Joonmyeon smacked my bottom really hard for that and took off with determined steps before I could even try to retort to that remark but I can see the smirk on his lips and I swear that one day this kid is going to be the death of me.

It takes less than five minutes to get a shower and dressed, even with a couple of aches and pains from various activities that we’ve been engaged in and just as I come out of the changing stall I see Suho struggling to put the seats back into place so am quick to move across and help. He smiles faintly at me as we get everything finished and back to how it was. He glances at his watch, “Ten minutes to get back, that’s cutting it fine.”

“You can do it,” I say towards him in a cheeky sort of way which has him kicking out at me once again but I manage to dodge it easily enough.

“Git,” he snaps though he’s smiling towards me, “Just because you can fly over there without thinking of anything don’t mean your...”

I silence him with another kiss because if we end up arguing it’s just going to lead to more problems and just to be extra nice I help him to pull on the overly large jacket over his shoulders, “Why do you keep this old thing?”

“Cause it’s comfy,” Suho replies as he finished shucking into it, “and it keeps you close to me.”

“Who’s being the sentimental, soppy one now?” I tease but pull back from any kind of hits that come my way, though typically all I receive is a glare.

“You,” he states outright before giggling, “Now get going fly boy else we’ll never make it in time and there really will be a stir amongst the kids.”

I could stand here and argue that we’ve got a few minutes left, I really could but for once I’m going to behave myself, begrudgingly, and give him one final kiss. “I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then?”

“No guessing about it,” he says, kissing me back in an overly passionate style with tongue and everything before pulling back and with a happy sounding sigh I fall backwards off the edge of the building and fly off. I can practically hear him cursing me out for being an overly romantic, soppy playboy the whole way back to Kevin’s apartment but I don’t really mind in the slightest.

Thankfully I get back into the apartment with no problem just as the time lock runs out and everything starts moving as normal again. If I weren’t so used to Tao playing around with it then I wouldn’t just be casually getting some milk out of the fridge because I’m certain that I can hear someone coming slowly down the stairs and I know that right now the only think they’ll want is milk and cookies.

Sehun still looks like a wreck but he smiles faintly as he sits down at the table without complaint to accept the large glass whilst I raid the cupboards for cookies. He blinks at me, “Have fun with Mama?”

I pause in rifling through an old biscuit tin, “How the hell did you know that?”

“You’ve got a bright red hickie on your neck,” he smirks at me, “And since I know you’re loyal as heck there can only be...”

“Rude little boys don’t get their cookies if they say another word,” I chide playfully before finding a box of Oreo’s right at the back of one of the cupboards to give our little kitten, “Plus I very much doubt you could have said anything if we let Kai stay here.”

Sehun blinked, “Kai was here?”

“He’s the reason we got out of that mess alive,” I say, petting his head gently, “He’s with Suho now but you’ll get to see him tomorrow.”

Sehun nods as he takes a drink of his milk before looking up at me, “We’re going after Tao, right? To stop whatever, they’re doing to him?”

I nod in response, not in the least surprised that Sehun is back in the game because of what happened to him, “We will be kid. Hopefully this time we’ll get there in time and kick their butts.”

“Yehet,” he says quietly with a grin and I would tease the hell of out of him right now but I’m a little on the tired side and plus it’s adorable to see him looking so happy.

Though I glance quickly at the clock, “Come on kitty, we best get as much sleep as we can now otherwise everything will be a right old mess.”

He nods slowly and together we head back up the stairs to get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a very long day regardless and I can’t look like a total wreck, now can I?

 

authors babbling: Krisho fluff cause we need it every now and again. Right, off to a convention this weekend so next update may be a little while incoming but it should be interesting when I get there