Chapter 11 Recovery

XxX: Mission XO

It takes Sehun two days to fully recover and even I’m aware that it’s fast by anyone’s standards.

But if you haven’t figured it out by now, we’re not exactly what anyone would call normal in the slightest. Though I am very happy to see our little kitten up and able to digest food properly, we had a few long hours or worry where he could barely keep anything down and that could have potentially been a very bad thing.

However, my little kitten made it through that and then threw the biggest pout my way because he wanted his cuddle time. It would be good to point out at this moment in time that he’s a freaking adult whose turned into a long noodle that doesn’t quite have the proportions to suggest the full finished product yet but damn it.

My kitten still knows how to wrap me around his little finger so I give in in next to no time at all.

Kevin is a total pest at first, snapping as many pictures as he can before getting distracted by Yixing and Luhan who are clearly giving better fan service and personally I’m rather grateful for the fact that there’s sound proof walls because whilst I know exactly what skinship the pair are giving one another right now, I really don’t need to hear it.

I had enough of that back in the…wherever it actually was.

I hope that when we do get back to Tao, he’ll be able to make this all make sense and not be a collected jumble of misdirection’s once again. But knowing our panda, he’ll want everything to be as it’s meant to be so that he can be cute, cuddle up with either me or Suho and just not think of anything that could potentially cause any further problems.

Hopefully we will actually be somewhere nice which would be a pleasant thing to think about.

“Yifan?” Sehun asks quietly, stirring from his light slumber to look up at me.

“Yes?” I ask, barely surprised that he’s used my real name in this sort of situation.

Sehun blinks and lets out a little sigh, “Do you think Tao is safe?”

“I hope so,” I say in reply, gently running my hand through his hair, “Leastways if he’s calling us all back together, I presume that he’s safe.”

There comes a nod from the youngster before he pauses, “I keep having a dream about him.”

“Don’t need to know your wet dreams, baby,” I say playfully to him and he smacks me on the arm for that comment which doesn’t really surprise me but I still giggle at him.

“Don’t say that sort of stuff, it’s creepy and weird!” he sulks, bottom lip stuck out cutely as he attempts to huff but ends up hissing as his wounds are not one hundred per cent fixed at the moment.

I chuckle at him a little more because he just looks freaking adorable and lightly kiss at his neck, “Sorry. I won’t. What’s this dream you keep having about Tao?”

For a few seconds, I don’t think that Sehun is going to reply, but then he looks out towards the moon and sighs, “Well, it goes like this…”

~~~

Sehun stares around across the landscape of colourful cartoon characters and rides, though he can barely focus on the details as they appear to blur into a constant swaying motion. The only thing he can truly focus on is that there’s a song, being sung by a familiar voice and he knows instinctively that he has to follow it. But it’s not easy to follow with the crowd of people and for a long while Sehun just moves aimlessly back and forth until he spots a familiar shadow and then he’s running towards it.

Though every time he gets close to the shadow, it disappears and reappears in a different area and soon Sehun is exhausted from all the running. But just before he can collapse with a yell of frustration, he suddenly finds that Tao is standing in front of him but there’s something wrong with him. A certain vacant look to his eyes and it’s then that Sehun realizes that he’s been set up as some sort of animatronic on the stage of a show which appears to have them all in.

There are people around him, all cheering and shouting, chanting to songs from an age past but Sehun cannot stop staring at Tao who looks so heartbroken as he’s forced to move through some crazy routines. In a panic, Sehun tries to move forward, only to find that there’s a sudden blue light streaming all around him and then next thing he knows, he’s standing on the same stage as Tao. Being forced through the same moves and constantly having to sing the same words because he cannot do anything else and it just hurts so much.

~~~

“I usually wake up at that point,” Sehun says to me softly after explaining the strange dream, “I’ve stopped screaming but it’s still really scary.”

For a few long moments, I’m quiet as I process what he’s told me and then I nod, pressing a light kiss to his head, “Yeah, I can see how that would be. Don’t worry about it, kitty, I’ll make sure that never happens to you.”

He blinks up at me in confusion but a swift press to his nose has him distracted enough that I can be relieved that he’s forgotten about it all for now. That’s the best thing, because even though I’m not one hundred per cent sure about what all that means, there’s a familiar tingling at the top of my spine which is beginning to worry me. I don’t want any of our boys to be in any kind of situation like that and I can only imagine the horror that will be waiting for us there if we get things wrong.

Finally, Sehun falls asleep again and I leave him to wander out into the main lounge where the others are and then I idle up to the roof because Kevin is busy doing something and doesn’t want to be disturbed.

I’m barely up there half a second when my phone blips and I answer without question, “Hello?”

“Is Sehun okay?” Kai asks, trying to be quiet but failing to do so in his panicked state, which is adorably cute.

A smile finds its way to my lips so easily, “He’s fine, little one, we’ll be setting out tomorrow so you’ll be able to see him then.”

There’s a little bit of a scuffling noise on the end of the line and I can’t help but chuckle when I hear an all too familiar voice telling Kai off for being an interfering twit. “I’m sorry! He’s just been so worried…” Suho starts but then pauses when he notices my laughter, “It’s not funny!”

“It’s adorable,” I reply, shaking my head slightly.

“It won’t be if the feds come down on you because of his panicking,” Suho says and sighs heavily because he probably wants to hang up right now.

“Believe me when I say that Kevin probably has this call bouncing off so many different satellites that even Becky couldn’t trace me,” I say, ignoring the text which blips in my ear because I can probably guess who that is.

There’s a pause, “Oh? So that’s where he took you. I did have to wonder when he said…”

“I’m surprised he remembered, poor little thing,” I say, leaning against the railings and looking out across the city, “Where are you right now?”

There comes a snort from the other end of the line, “As if I’m going to tell you that. Can’t put ourselves in danger, now can we?”

“There’s a hotel,” I say casually, my eyes homing in on it despite it being at least twenty miles away, “With a roof top swimming pool that’s got a bar and…”

“Don’t tempt me, Kris,” Suho says, though I already know that wherever Suho is he’s looking out of the window to look for that very rooftop himself, “We can’t. You know that.”

“No, we can’t,” I say, slowing my words deliberately, “Unless someone I know happens to still have that small little gift that his little baby gave him of course? Then we could, couldn’t we?”

There’s an extraordinarily long pause from the opposite end of the line but I know fine well what’s going on. Suho is checking on those that are with him, making sure that they’re asleep and secure as possible. The only reason that I know that is because I’m doing the exactly same thing but unlike Suho I’m also grabbing the spare set of apartment keys and heading out of the door after waving a quick goodbye to Kevin who just flips me off in return.

“Can I kick you for this afterwards?” Suho says finally down the phone as the sights, smells and sounds of the Tokyo streets hit me.

“You can do whatever the hell you like to me after this,” I say in my most alluring voice which I’m sure affects Suho before the call is disconnected. For a second everything is exactly as it should be, the night time streets bustling with life and I pause my steps just long enough to enjoy the sounds. Right before they stop and everything comes to a complete standstill.

I wait a grand total of two seconds before kicking up off the ground and allowing my invisible wings to throw me up into the sky. It’s been so long since I got the opportunity to do this that I almost get lost in the sensation because honestly there’s practically next to nothing that feels as good at being able to soar up into the air and fly as free as a bird.

But personally, there is one much better feeling and there’s only one person in the entire world who can give it to me. So, I forgo my usual flying habits in order to fly straight to the rooftop which I had indicated to Suho and I’m only just a little surprised to find that the man is already there, staring up straight at me with a look that conveys so many different emotions at once that part of me just wants to stay up here and wait to see what he’s going to do.

But I would rather taste those oh so delicious lips of his so I swoop down, catch him in arms and carry him to the opposite side of the pool where there’s some nice plush looking sofas where I can lay him down comfortably. Suho moves first to connect our lips, gripping onto me tightly as I release my wings and allow myself to just be consumed by the taste of my missing lover for the first time in years.

“We’ve got five hours,” he says, eyes hazy as he pulls back and I can’t help but grin cheekily before following the small connecting trail of saliva back to his lips, “someone’s keen. I like that.”

“Shut up and come here,” Suho orders, pulling me back onto his lips and I stop teasing because god, I’ve missed being able to do this.

 

authors babbling: Phew we're getting there. Daft question but does anyone want to see the Krisho? I'm not brilliant at writing naughty stuff but if people want it then I'll give it a go