Two

His sun

 

Sunmin's pov

--later that day--

Knock knock knock 

I slowly begin to open my eyes and sit up straight. I look down at my hands and wipe the drool onto my skirt. Then I look over to my phone and open it.

7:39pm

I've been out for hours.

I open the camera and make it face me so I can see myself and damn do I look like . There's a imprint of my watch and ring on my left cheek, hair all up in my mouth, and I'm sweaty. I put my phone back on the desk then look out my window. Jungkook closed his curtains. 

Knock knock knock

"Sunmin-ah. Dinner is ready" I hear my mother call from outside my door.

I stand up and stretch then go to the door. When I open it I see my frail mother standing off to a side. I'm about 5.4, 5.5 height wise; While my mother is 5 foot flat so I have to look down to her and what I see makes my chest burn with anger. Her face is red with a hand print on her right cheek, Bruises everywhere, and her bottom lip is bleeding. 

I stare at her with serious eyes as she tries to avoid my gaze. To pissed to even talk to her, I just simply walk past her. It's days like this that make me think of my grandmother. I'm 16 now and these fights have been going on since I was 11. That's 5 ing years of this crap. When things got rough, my mom would send me to my grandma's house for days on end. Then those days would turn into months. From then on, me and my grandmother were always really close. Even when we were separated and she moved from Seoul to Busan, we always kept in touch. Just the two of us.

I walk down stairs and walk into the living room. The house look disgusting. Glass shards everywhere from beer bottles, vases, and glass cups. All covering the floor and if I wasn't wearing bed slippers, I'd more than likely have to go to the hospital for multiple punctures under my feet. 

I pass my dad standing in the middle of the living room and just slightly glance at his face and I can see 3 scratch marks slashed across his face. 

I make my way into the kitchen and take a seat at the table. I see a small meal set up for me and my mother sits next to me. She says nothing. She just watches me eat and I ignore her. I rest my hands on the table as I chew the rice in my mouth. I feel something touch my hand and I look over to see my mother with both her hands holding my right hand. I look at her with confused eyes.


"Sun-Ah...." She pauses then clears . "How was your day? I know you had a test. How did you do?" She speaks softly.

I look at her then at her hands. Feeling really awkward I look down at my bowl of rice. I use my other hand to pull the exam paper out of my pocket and slide it across the table towards her. She picks up the paper and looks at it. She says nothing and just smiles. She folds it back and places it on the table then goes back to holding my hand. 

"Sunminnie did well" she smiles.

I pull my hand away and stare at her. She looks worried of what ill say so I don't say anything. I reach for her swollen face and when the tips of my finger touches it, she flinches. Without saying a word, I stand up and leave the table. I head straight for the bathroom and go to the medicine cabinet. I take out hydrogen peroxide, Vaseline, Cotten swabs, and Q tips. On my way back to the kitchen, I through the peroxide at my dad along with some Q tips. I go back to the kitchen with my mother still sitting at the table. I sit down beside her without saying a word. I turn her head so that her swollen cheek is facing me and take out the Vaseline. I take my pointer and middle finger and smear them in the medicine. I gently try to touch my mothers face and apply the medicine. She flinches a bit but braves through the pain. When I'm done, I thank her for the meal and go back to my room.

I get inside and close the door. 

"Hhhhhh" I sigh. "Their gonna kill each other before I even graduate" I think to myself. 

I walk towards my desk and pick up my school bag on the way. I sit down and rest my bag down by the foot of my chair and start taking out textbooks, notebooks, and pencils. 

"First things first. AP Chemistry"

--3 hours later--

All my things are packed up for tomorrow and I just finished taking a shower and brushing my teeth. With my hair still damp I throw on a big t-shirt and hop into my bed. No. I don't wear pants when I sleep. It's just too much of a hassle. Plus I like the feeling.... No restrictions at all! I turn off the lights and and lay down. Eventually, I feel my weary body begin to shut down for the night.

"Goodnight" I say to myself.