One

His sun

Sunmin's pov

He's following me again...

Continuously poking me in my arm as I walk to lunch.

"Sunmin-ah"
"Sunmin-ah"
"Sunmin-ah" 

My patients is wearing REALLY thin. I swear to god if this kid pokes me one more time I'll be arrested for murder.

I can feel his hand getting closer to my arm as he lets out a breath to say my name once more. And with that, something inside me snaps. I swiftly turn around and grab his hand; bending it back. Seeing him whimper in pain and his knees tremble, slowly falling from under him, makes me smile a bit. 

"Jungkook-ah! Poke me again and you loose a finger." I say calmly with a smile looking down at the boy cowering in pain. I release his hand, smile, then continue on my way. I leave him standing in the hallway speechless; rubbing and holding his hand in pain.

It seems as if I can't even go one day without trying to kill that kid. It's always been this way. We have been in the same class since kindergarten. And not only that, we live right next to each other. Like, I can literally look up from my desk, out the window, and into his room. It sounds cliché as hell but it's the sad life I live. And have we always been at each others throats? Yes. Yes we have. Our parents used to love each other though. His parents would do things with my parents and mine with his. They would go to the movies, bowling, dinner. They even went to a karaoke bar once. And guess who was always left home. The obvious. And since he was an only child and as was I, our parents would get a babysitter to take care of us together. They stopped doing all of those things after a while though. I guess they kinda just grew apart. But me and him never changed. He would pick on me. I'd pick on him. It's just the way things are between us.

I get to the cafeteria, grab my lunch, and sit down at the back of the room at an empty table. I admit, I have no friends. But I don't think I really need any in all honesty. For me; waking up, eating, going to school, and getting good grades are all that matter. 

I rest my bag in the chair next to me and take out my chemistry notes. I rest the stack of papers on the right side of my tray then reach in the little pocket of my bag and grab my phone and earphones and begin listening to the OST "Forgetting you".

I know for a fact that this chemistry test we have next block is going to be super hard so I try to cram as much last minute information into my head as possible. My chemistry teacher didn't even teach us this section! He said "study chapter 22 on radiochemistry. You guys will be having a test on it in two days...... Good luck". Then he walked out of the room leaving us in a daze like 'did he really just do that!?'. No matter though, I'mma pass anyway. It just depends on what type of A I get. Will I get a high A or a low A? That is the question.

The bell rings and everyone starts getting up to throw away their treys and head to class. It feels as if we were only here for 10 minutes though. I guess time goes faster when your actually doing things. 

I pack up my things, throw away my trey, and go to class. I'm the first person in the room. I sit in my seat at the back of the room and look around. No ones here. Their all probably socializing in the hallways or some . I notice two people walking in and automatically role my eyes back to my notes on my desk. One of the many couples in my class head to their seats and since they don't sit next to each other they quickly give each other a kiss then sit down. Seeing that makes me want to gag. It's not that I'm jealous, it just makes me wonder. Why start dating in high school? Your still a kid yourself so why commit yourself to someone else when you have school to worry about? I don't know. Maybe it's just me. My mom wants me to get a boyfriend and even introduced me to a few boys. She keeps saying " if you keep acting like this, I'll never have grand kids!" Personally, I don't care. I can't stand kids anyway.

10 minutes pass and the class rep calls us to attention. We stand, bow, then sit back down. And just like that our teacher passes out the exam and we begin. I look around the room and all i see are scared and tortured faces. Then I look at the kid sitting next to me. Jungkook looks the most scared. I know for a fact he didn't study at all. He never does and when he sees his grades, it doesn't seem to bother him at the very least! He gets excited when he sees a C on his paper while I on the other hand would break down crying if I saw a C on a test.

--the bell rings and school is dismissed--

I look down at my exam paper.

97%

"Just a few points away from 100%. Could have done better." I say under my breath walking home. I fold the paper and shove it in my pocket. I let out a breath and watch the smoke blow away due to the cold weather. 

"Sunmin-ah!" I hear him call from behind me. "Jesus" I curse under my breath. I turn around and see jungkook running towards me holding up a paper. He finally reaches me and I stop walking. Because of how thin the air is and how he was running, he begins panting erratically when he stands in fount of me.

"W-what did y-you get on the test?" He says wheezing.

"97%. Why" 

He gives me a cheeky smile. "Wow, our sunminnie is super smart! Guess what I got?"

"3%?" I say beginning to walk. 

He just stares at me then begins following me. "No! I'm not that dumb! Guess higher!"

"3.5%?"

"I really hate you, you know that right?" He says glaring at me. " I got a 78%! I'm almost as smart as you!"

"No your not" I reply bluntly. He just puffs out and we continue walking home in silence. We reach the front of our houses and and he gives me a smile and waves goodbye while I just put up a peace sign and head into my gate. As I near the front door, I start pulling out my keys but realize the doors' already open. Then I hear yelling and things being thrown.

I open the door and take one step inside but have to quickly jump back due to there being shattered glass on the floor. I get the broom on the porch and begin sweeping myself a clear path. I walk up stairs and quietly pass my parents room as they shout and pelt things at each other; then go into my room and slowly close the door trying not to make any noise. 

They argue just about everyday now. And when I ask about it, they say it's "just a little disagreement" as if I'm dumb enough to believe that crap. The way I see things, Divorce is inevitable. And to be frank, I'm not even mad. Things will only get worse if they continue like this. 

I sit down at my desk and look out my window. I can see jungkook just walking into his room. He dashes his school bag on the floor somewhere and sits down on his bean bag chair. He picks up a remote controller and begins playing some kind of shooting game. I sigh and rest my head on my desk. 

Sometimes I envy him. I really do. Never giving a care in the world. Completely care free.

I begin to find myself drifting off to sleep. I can finally rest.