Chapter 2: Because I Love You

Hold Onto Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

The figure standing on the sidewalk shifted her weight impatiently from one foot to another. She had been waiting for only 10 minutes but already she was questioning whether this had been the best location to meet up. Although it was late and there was no one on the street she could definitely feel someone staring at her from the none to distant cafe. Growing curious, she cast her eyes upward, carefully checking to ensure that she was safely out of the glow of the street light above before turning to check on her observer. However before she could complete the motion, a taxi pulled up on the sidewalk as the person she had been waiting for finally arrived. Without hesitation, she pulled open the back door and quickly  climbed in before she could draw anymore unwanted attention.  

Sulli drove the taxi silently, occasionally glancing through the rear view mirror at the figure sitting thoughtfully in the back seat. ‘You are being awfully quite Krystal, what’s wrong are you worried about the mission?” 

“You know I never worry about a mission Sul”, Krystal replied with a smirk before reaching underneath her trench coat and pulling out her favoured silver pistol that she had kept in a hidden pocket. A soft clicking sound was heard as Krystal deftly fiddled with the mechanism and swiftly loaded a round of specially engineered ultraviolet bullets. Tonight they hunted a gang of rogue vampires that had made their home within the outskirts of the city. It had been awhile since their last mission and Krystal’s blood was thrumming with excitement.  

“It’s just that earlier when I was waiting for you I felt someone watching me. Why did you even choose that location in the first place?,” Krystal asked accusingly. 

Sulli chuckled lightly. “I told you, that it was the most convenient place to meet up. It's just around the corner from the yard I stole this beauty from”, she said releasing a hand from the steering to gesture around the interior of the taxi. “Also, we wouldn’t have had to meet up if you hadn’t snuck off

Please log in to read the full chapter