Chapter 1: So close

Hold Onto Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jessica was sitting in her favourite spot at a cafe only a few blocks down from her apartment, the glass window beside her table faced toward the street, offering a perfect view of the sidewalk and the cars passing by. Like every other weeknight she sat sipping on a mug of hot chocolate while typing on the keys of her laptop. Since she had arrived in Seoul, it had become almost a ritual for Jessica to finish up her work at the cafe before returning home to her apartment and though she would never admit it, this was mostly due to the fact that since arriving in Korea she had been overcome by a nagging sense of loneliness. No, she would much sooner put it down to the cafe's signature hot chocolate, which was indeed quite delicious. Jessica Jung was no stranger to loneliness, she was strong, and she would cope just fine. She always had ever since that day, the day when her family had been torn away from her. She remembered it clearly, the blood and the sirens and the sound of her sister's cries beside her. It had all happened so fast, it had been a perfect day and would have been a perfect outing if not for the truck that slammed right into the front of her parent's car. She could see her father's hands on the wheel and hear his bright laughter as he shared a joke with her mother, who had been smiling as she turned to check on the two little girls sitting in the backseat. They had been happy and then it was all gone, taken from her small helpless hands.


Jessica snapped herself out of her reverie, glancing at the clock at the bottom right hand of her laptop screen, she realised that it was already late and the cafe would soon be closing. With a small sigh she folded her laptop shut, her eyes were slightly damp and she quickly wiped away her tears feeling frustrated with herself. "Jessica Jung is strong", she scolded silently. She had come back to Korea with a purpose and she was determined to carry it out, there was no time for tears. As she continued packing her things to leave, her hand brushed against a sketchpad she had on the table, inside there were numerous professional design sketches but slotted just

Please log in to read the full chapter