Chapter 4: Separated From One Another

Hold Onto Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jessica woke due to the unfiltered bright light streaming through the curtain less windows. Although she had been living in Seoul for almost a month now, the apartment room she was staying in was still in a state of disarray. As she stretched and got out of bed, she almost tripped over the unpacked cardboard boxes that lay unorganized on the floor. This being her usual routine however, she was unfazed and continued to the bathroom. 

As she brushed her teeth in front of the bathroom mirror, she ran through her schedule in her mind. It was a Saturday and as much as she would like to spend it sitting on the sofa with a cup of tea and maybe finally getting down to unpacking, she decided that she would head to the office to ensure that her sudden move to Korea had not affected the 3 fashion outlets she had left back in America. Besides with the opening of her new Korean outlet in 2 weeks' time, there was still a lot that she had to go over. 

With all this in mind, Jessica stepped out of the bathroom and was just about to start getting dressed when the doorbell rang, causing her to frown. She had not been expecting anyone this morning. She was just about to check the intercom when her apartment door flew open and her best friend and business partner Tiffany rushed in. 

“Tiffany, what the hell are you doing here and how did you know the pass code?! How about the stores in America did you just leave everything unattended?”. Jessica didn’t know what to think, when she had decided to return to Korea, she had come to terms with the fact that she would be leaving everything she had made for herself back in America. It had never really mattered anyway, everything she had done had been for her sister, with the hope of finding her again but yet Tiffany was different. 

Oblivious to the internal monologue Jessica was having, Tiffany continued light heartedly.  

“Come on Jessica you’ve already been gone for over two weeks, everything is doing fine. You wouldn’t have left if you hadn’t put someone capable in your place and don’t go giving me that look, we both know that I don’t mean myself. I’d like to think of myself as a partner more in name than you know...” Tiffany paused, her hand gesturing in the air for the right words. “Err... actual work stuff”, she finished with a cheeky grin that despite herself Jessica couldn’t help but find adorable.  

Tiffany continued to drag her bright pink luggage bag through the front door as Jessica stared at her incredulously.  

“Well it’s true that you never were one for getting her hands dirty.” Jessica chuckled fondly, allo

Please log in to read the full chapter