Chapter 3: Triggered Memories

Hold Onto Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

As they drove further into the outskirts, their surroundings changed as they entered an area of dusty dilapidated buildings and despite Krystal’s earlier dissatisfaction she had to agree that Sulli had indeed chosen the right mode of transport. Sulli maneuvered the taxi into a dark alley, parking between two banged up cars with broken windows.

When Sulli had turned off the engine, they were surrounded by silence. Taking a quick glance at one another they got out of the vehicle and stepped out onto the lonely streets. They had gone over the plan a day before when they had received the mission from the clan. Thus, there was no need for discussion as they both headed north toward a seemingly abandoned factory building. As they walked around the perimeter, they noticed that the doors were bared shut and the building was totally dark, although this didn’t mean much as vampires had no trouble seeing in the dark. It was just as they spotted a broken window that the rogues had probably made as their access into their so-called headquarters that they heard the cry of a child in distress.

“Damn it!” Sulli cursed. The presence of a child changed everything. Humans were not to be involved.

Without wasting another moment, she leapt up onto the window ledge with Krystal following close behind her. From where they were perched, they quickly took survey of the situation they were facing. There were 10 rogues surrounding a human girl who lay bleeding profusely on the cold cement floor, the vampire standing over her had his mouth open and blood was smeared across his face and dribbling down his chin, his eyes glowing red with bloodlust. The other vampires were circling the girl on the floor and without warning one suddenly lunged forward, throwing the first vampire to the side and grabbing onto the human girl that was now too weak to even struggle.

Sulli and Krystal had seen enough. As one, they jumped into the center of the rogue vampire ring. Krystal grabbed onto the collar of the vampire that had hold of the girl and roughly pushed him to the ground before dispatching two bullets into his head. Meanwhile, Sulli also had her gun in hand and was making quick work of the 8 remaining vampires as she lunged from one another delivering quick blows to any that challenged her and releasing her bullets with deadly accuracy.

Seeing as Sulli was fully in control, Krystal turned and began searching for the 10th vampire, the one that had tasted the human girl’s blood. However, as she stepped away, the girl lying on the floor reached out and grasped her ankle, holding her in place. Krystal looked down at the girl who was covered in blood and breathing raggedly on the ground. She crouched down and gently released the girl's grasp, the rogue was somewhere around she could feel his eyes observing her from the shadows. She glanced back at Sulli who was still preoccupied with 2 more rogues. She had to move fast and d

Please log in to read the full chapter