Chapter 2 – Surprise Puppies

Training Paws (Hiatus)

We had a surprise visit this evening!

Squish decided to just turn up in our bath tub.

Seriously, she just did. She has an ability to just do that and no one has an explanation as to why. It’s rather fun though she tends to make a bit of a fuss about it. Thankfully Fluffles is always fully prepared for any strange occurrence and has a few pretty little outfits, booties and Fish and Cookie on the strange talky thing so that they can come and fetch her.

Though from what Fluffles says to Daddy Sehun, it appears that Squish was supposed to be having a sleep over with Panba so now they’re all coming over here to have a sleep over with us!

Isn’t that just the greatest thing ever!

Even better for me cause that means I get to play with Rourou and Candy!

They’re all grown up now but they’ll always be silly puppies to me.

Though as I run around the corner because I am being a good boy and making sure that there’s plenty of extra blankets in my beddie for all the extra puppies, I nearly jump out of my skin cause Rainbow is sitting in the middle of the floor, legs stretched out and arms just idly by his side.

What’s wrong with him? He looks like a doll that has been dropped or something.

Rainbow? Are you okay?

You smell fine and you’re not sick, I’ll just nudge your cheek with my nose...

Wah! Why you fall over? Are you playing? Rainbow? Rainbow!

This isn’t usually Rainbow....

Daddy Sehun! Rainbow’s broken!

“Ah, whoa, hey Yixing!” Pink appears instead, rushing over to us to gently check on Rainbow, “Come on, what’s wrong with you?”

Ohhh, Pink has his pink socks on and I want to eat them.

“Xiumin!” Pink yells suddenly, startling me enough to have me rushing to hide behind Fluffles who has also appeared in the dining room at hearing the yells.

There’s a few hurried sounds and then Bun appears, looking already fairly distressed, “Oh no! Not again!” He barrels on past me and Fluffles and kneels down next to Rainbow, carefully placing his hands on his head and chest before muttering something quietly to Pink who nods and scurries off back down the corridor towards the front door. Though he nearly falls over because he’s running in his socks on the lino which is a very silly thing to do.

“Anything I can do to help?” Fluffles asks as Bun carefully gathers Rainbow into his arms like he’s a puppy and stands up.

Bun shakes his head, “Just let us borrow your bed. Sorry about this.”

“It’s no problem, you know that,” Fluffles says as he steps aside to start leading Bun to our room, “Hero, it’s going to be okay. Yixing just isn’t feeling well. He’ll be right as rain shortly.”

But Fluffles, Rainbow is not sick! He doesn’t smell sick in the slightest and I would know cause I’ve been around you when you were sick. I just want to get a good sniff of him to find out what’s wrong and to give him a cuddle because that’s what Hero does best.

“He-he!” a little voice calls from behind and I turn to see Squish being held in Daddy Sehun’s arms and her little ones are stretching out towards me making grabby hands and I can’t resist saying hello to one of my puppies!

Hello Squish! My you’re getting to be a big puppy, aren’t you? Let me give you a cause you smell so yummy but don’t worry, I won’t eat you! Not at all.

Daddy Sehun laughs as Squish squeals happily, “I think I best take you to the play pen whilst we wait on Uncle Kris and Tao coming over, hmm?”

“Play with He-He!” Squish calls brightly as Daddy carries her to the playpen and I follow along behind, realising that I dropped the spare blankie I was taking to the beddie for Rourou and Candy. Squish likes the playpen cause I can play peek-a-boo and chase with her safely and its great fun. We can go for hours like this and it’s a good thing because it’ll be a while before Chewchew, Puff and Panba show up.

They live quite far away from us now but they’re easily contactable which is great.

I put the blanket in my bed, well actually onto the floor next to it cause I can hear one very excited little puppy getting more excited by the second and I bound back across to play ‘boo’ with her. It’s a very simple game really, she goes to hide behind one of the walls of the play pen, pops her head out, says ‘Boo’ and then ducks back and goes to the opposite side.

It’s so much fun and I can bark at her, though not too loudly in the slightest – even though Squish has a much bigger bark than what I do when she gets going – and we run right, left, up down back and forth constantly playing boo for an age.

Until I practically jump out of my skin when Rourou sideswipes me!

The sneaky little orange fur ball just comes flying at me suddenly and I’m not prepared so I go tumbling down towards the ground and that was a sneaky little move you! I shall get you back for that Rourou! Come here! Don’t think that you can outrun me

Oh, hi Chewchew, Hi Puff, Hi Panba...Squish is in the playpen!

Rourou, you come back here you little sneak! I’m going to get hold of you, sit on you and make you stop running around like a complete twit!

“Oh my, the circus is here it would seem,” Puff says, chuckling as he moves to the playpen to place Panba down, before catching hold of Squish’s arm, “[name] why did you run away from us?”

“Didn’t mean to,” Squish says, pouting, “Followed the soap bubbles and ended up at Unci Hun and Su’s house!”

The rest of the conversation is lost on me as I’m running off down another corridor after Rourou but the little sneak darts under the sofa and laughs loudly because he knows that I can’t get at him from under there and he’ll stay under there for ages now just to torment me.

“Hero, not so loud,” Daddy Sehun says, coming into the living room before shaking his head, “Well there goes my quiet evening.”

Chewchew chuckles as he kneels down to pull Rourou out from under the sofa and set him off running again but I need to give Chewchew his welcome kiss and plus I’m tired! Rourou can chase himself for a while.

“Hello to you too Hero,” Chewchew smiles, hugging me close so he can hear my thoughts before laughing aloud, “Yes, Rourou will chase his own shadow for a bit. You’ll be fine.”

Good good, I’m going to get a drink of water.

Now where’s my drinking bowl...ah there is it. Oh hello Candy! You having a drink as well. Good thing I like to share, right? Move over a bit, I need it more than you even though you have been chasing Rourou all day.

Ah this water is nice and fresh, which is a good thing indeed.

“Hero!” Panba calls, waving from the playpen, “Come here.”

Coming Panba!

Hello my little special puppy! How are you today?

“Good. Me and Squish will find out tomorrow if we get to visit the special school with you, isn’t that going to be fun?” Panba may only be three and a half but she speaks just as well as any of my Daddy’s, hence why she should be going to the same special place as me. I wonder if we’ll be in the same classes or anything cause I’d like to protect my Panba and Squish.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that Panba can communicate with me fully.

Squish gets jealous of it but she has her own special thing that Panba can’t do so they get on.

Plus, they’re half-sisters too.

Pink comes slipping into the kitchen dining room, it’s a big open plan layout so even I get confused where I am at times, and I swear he needs to give those socks to me before he falls over! We’re very clean here! I clean up all the food drops all of the time.

“Are you okay, Luhan?” Puff asks, leaning on the counter top watching as Pink starts to make up a pot of tea.

Pink nods, “Yeah...Yixing is taking a few funny turns of late and we thought a walk would do him good but apparently not.”

“Nothing serious, right?” Fluffles says in that tone of voice which has me wanting to go and visit Rainbow as soon as possible because that’s the really worried tone.

Pink lets out a sigh and makes a fresh cup of tea before heading back towards the bedroom and I trot along behind just to make sure I got my smell right on Rainbow. He’s not sick, I know that much, he’s not icky and doesn’t have bogies coming out of his nose and he’s not too cold or too warm or anything like that. There’s something wrong with him but I can’t get a good enough smell of him.

Bun is cuddled up with Rainbow when we get back and it’s clear that Rainbow is just now feeling well. He doesn’t even wiggle his toes when I give them a which normally has him giggling like mad. Pink puts the tea down and slips on the floor as he tries to clamber into bed and that’s it! Those socks are coming off right this instant.

Bun finds Pink’s squawk funny and he gently nudges Rainbow, “Hey, Xing, look. Hero wants Lu’s socks.”

“No! Hero, stop it! They’re mine, not yours!” Pink wails but loses out pretty quick cause I got them in my teeth and now I’m going to take them away because it’ll stop you from falling all over the place in them.

Though I think I know what’s wrong with Rainbow...But I won’t tell just yet! All I know is that it’s going to be a very big surprise!

“Hero! Bring my socks back!”

Nope, gotta catch me first Pink!

Hey Rourou, wanna play a new game when you stop being chased by your own shadow?

Lets play hide the slippery socks from Pink!

 

 

authors babbling: anyone else want to join me in the hiding the socks from Luhan game? teehee daft puppies everywhere