Chapter 3 - Getting Everything Ready

Training Paws (Hiatus)

Yaaaaaawn

Man, everyone is staying up so late tonight

All because of Rainbow who is really not himself at all

I mean usually he’s a bit spacey, to the point that he once took me for a walk and we were out three hours because he kept on just coming to a standstill and looking at things and wouldn’t move. I mean I can be stubborn and not move in the slightest when I’ve got a smell or I’m trying to figure out who the new pup is in town but Rainbow was really just standing there not doing anything.

He freaked Bun and Pink out so much they scolded him for hours when we eventually got back but I don’t know why they were so worried. I was looking after him the whole time and I’m good at looking after everyone.

Tonight however, he’s really beginning to freak everyone out because he keeps on flopping and doing random things which cannot be explained.

Like the wall or chewing on the blankets or just generally making a fuss over being made a fuss over.

I know what’s going on with him, so I’m trying to help him as much as possible by bringing extra blankets and the likes but all my Daddies are completely misreading what I’m doing and keep shooing me off. It would be so much easier if I could get them to understand me because if they keep on doing this then Rainbow is going to turn nasty and that’s not a good thing in the slightest.

Oh wait! I’m being a silly twit! There’s Chewchew and Panba!

Chewchew! Chewchew...oi! Chewchew, pay attention I need you right now.

He finally lets out a sigh and pets my head, the silly oaf, and he smiled, “It’ll be fine, Hero, we’re just working out what’s wrong with him.”

Chewchew I know what’s wrong and if you keep fussing like this he’s going to start lashing out at all these people!

“Wait, what?” Chewchew says with a cute little frown, “Why?”

He’s nesting, about to have pretty little puppies Chewchew. We need everyone but Bun out of here because he’s getting upset by the number of people here.

“Having puppies...what are you?” Chewchew takes a second to process the words I’ve said to him and then he blinks, “Oh my...for real?”

Yup, I can smell it a mile off.

“Right...erm...Suho...” Chewchew says and moves quickly over to Fluffles to whisper in his ear who looks just as surprised as Chewchew did not a moment before. His mouth does that funny little drop open thing and he looks so shocked and I’m beginning to wonder if any of my Daddies actually use their noses at all.

There again they can’t tell the difference between after shave and perfume either so I really should expect it by now.

Everyone is shuffled off out of the room to allow Rainbow to have his much needed space whilst Bun stays beside him and gently gives him and pets the way he likes.

Pink is gnawing on his lip nervouslessly at the doorway and Rainbow every so often looks up to smile at him before being distracted by the pets from Bun so it’s a good thing to know. I nudge past Pink’s legs with another blanket whilst Rourou whizzes around with some more bright pink socks that he’s found – I’m pretty sure they’re Squish’s – as he’s trying to help but hasn’t quite got the idea. There again he’s still a puppy so I don’t really expect him to have much of an idea about this sort of stuff which is fine.

Candy is being a pampered princess downstairs because apparently, she can’t be bothered with this sort of stuff but there again she likes to keep an eye on Panba just as much as I do when I can spare my eyes so I’m not overly worried about her.

Hopping onto the bed, I drag up the other blanket I found and try to cover Rainbow with it but he just giggles and suddenly sits up, embracing me in a hug before stealing the blanket properly and bundling it up to his chest. “It’s mine! All mine!” he giggles before settling back down under the loving pets of Bun.

Satisfied that he has his blanket, I jump back down and try to give Pink a cuddle but catch him slightly unawares so he stumbles back a little way but he’s still sort of smiling. “Hi Hero. Thanks, I’m okay.”

Rainbow suddenly looks up, surprising Bun once again and he lets out a great big smile before dropping the blanket and making grabby hands towards Pink. “Lulu! Want you...come here Lulu!” he says in the most childish voice ever and Pink looks a little on the concerned side before he carefully sidesteps around me to go to Rainbow.

Rainbow seems so happy and directs Pink to cuddle him from behind whilst he pulls Bun in to cuddle him from the front. “My two boys,” he sings happily, “All together. Baby will have the best of everything. I know he will.”

Rourou barks for my attention and I trot off downstairs to find out what the little scallywag is up to now. I’m sure he’s just trying to find more socks but we really don’t need any more right now cause that would be a bad thing.

I find him in the living room where he’s dug up a ball from the back of the couch and since no one wants to play with him since they’re all worried about Rainbow, he wants me to play with him. Silly baby but it could be a lot worse.

Oh, hello Flower! Hello Baekhyun! When did you guys get here?

“Hey Hero,” Flower says, petting my head and then making a shush motion with his fingers, “Not too loud or you’ll wake the little termites and we only just got them to sleep.”

I turn my head to see that all of Flower and Baekhyun’s puppies are here now too. They’re all bundled together in a happy little pile along with Panba and Squish and they’re so cute! I want to curl up next to them and protect them all night, or at least give them a good old snuggle but that’d wake them up and it’s really not fair in the slightest.

Plus, there’s a certain little hyper pest bouncing around who’s going to be making enough noise to wake them up if I don’t find something to distract him with.

Oh wait, I’ve got a perfect idea.

Hey Rourou! C’mere. I’m going to tag you and you’re going to chase me straight into the garden!

No, leave the socks and that ball, I got a bigger and better all out there to play with.

It’s as big as you!

Come one, here we go. I’ll just nut the door open and out we go

Ah! The fresh air is so nice

Oh, you’re needing the loo, well you do your business over there and I’ll go and get this really big ball.

It’s an old leather football that I dug out of the park the other year and it’s one of my favourites because I haven’t been able to chew threw it yet. I’ve got a few sections off of it but nothing more cause it’s really hard and chewy which is a great thing indeed.

Now all I need to do is to lift this little bit and take it into my teeth and whoops, oh no, Rourou you missed it

Come on, lets chase it this way.

Aww you missed it again

Let’s try again and oh...hey! Leggo! You’re not supposed to catch it yet

Right this game of tug of war is on

I’ll win, I know I’ll win cause I’m bigger and stronger and more brainer that you

I will win

I will!

Hey! Rourou, bring the ball back! You’re going to fall over! That’s my ball, yes it is!

Got it! Mine!

Let’s begin the game again!

 

authors babbling: yeah I went a little crazy with this chapter but it's great fun all the same