You Again?

Say No
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi,” I turn around and find Johnny standing there but turning to the other side I see my older brother waiving his hand saying hi back to him. Just when I thought he was finally going to talk to me. What are you thinking? That he will forgive you for what happened in middle school? I’m going crazy already.

“Y/N! I finally caught up to you,” my brother says taking something out of his backpack.

“Oppa, did I forget something?” I ask before he takes out his hand from the backpack.

“You forgot your cellphone in my room last night that we were studying.”

“Thanks,” I say giving him a hug and leaving right after. Johnny and he stay while I keep on walking to my first period class. This is my brother’s last year in college and my first, he’s my only family member. Our parents died 3 years ago, when my brother was getting ready to graduate high school. It was the worst and ever since then he has been taking care of me. I’m just glad that I have someone I can rely on.

“Y/N? Is that you?” I turn to the sound of my name but I don’t recognize the guy.

“Do I know you?” I ask, he smiles and gives me a hug. I’m unable to move or say anything.

“What are you doing?” I can hear Johnny’s voice coming from behind, he grabs the guy by the sweater and pulls him from me. He turns to look at me with an upset face.

“Who are you?” the guy asks Johnny.

“That’s a good question, but I should be the one asking that to you. Who are you? Why are you hugging Y/N? I haven’t seen you around or hanging out with her,” he says looking at him, really angry now.

“Ah, Y/N you don’t remember me?” he asks me, I only move my head side to side still unable to say anything.

“She doesn’t know you, so you shouldn’t be hugging her or talking to her at that.”

“You seriously don’t remember me? We were best friends when we were little. Our parents were always having picnics on the country side and going out to eat.”

Flashback

“Y/N come on, why are you so slow today. Your brother is already at the top waiting for us.” I turn to look up and see so many stairs that I have no strength left. I turn to look at Joshua, he is always encouraging me and making sure I’m not hurt. He smiles at me and holds my hand. I can feel his warm and soft hand pulling up towards my older brother.

“Josh, are we getting in trouble for sneaking out of the party?” I ask him, I have always called him Josh even though his name is Joshua. He likes my nickname and doesn’t allow anyone else to call him like that.

“Of course, not, they will be worried but don’t worry that they understand that we hate those parties they go to,” he responds and turns around with a smile.

I stare at him for some seconds and I can see his resemblance to that little boy. He smiles and it takes me back to the times when I was so little and fragile and needed of adults to decide for me. A tear rolls down my cheek, I clean it and stare at my hand, why is he back so late? How can he do this to me? Why now? He promised to come back after some days but he never did, he left me to hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter