Chapter 5 - The Questions

Stolen Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here goes something I guess. haha..have fun reading. or not..whatevehhhh

It’s been one week since they have moved into their new home to live with their father. They still couldn’t get used to it because the sudden change of the situation. Before they used to live in a small and simple apartment but then they lived like daughters of the President.

Yoonmi and Yoonri had to eat breakfast and dinner with their father since day one they moved in, but of course Yoongi remained the same. Loath and hatred could be seen in his eyes. Each time he bumped into one of the twins, he would just act like they were invisible or just throwing annoying glares at them.

After dinner both Yoonmi and Yoonri remained in their bedroom to do some work. After one hour, Yoonri walked out from her bedroom in short and camisole. She barged into Yoonmi’s bedroom and frowned.

Yoonmi who was in her satin night gown looked up from her laptop. She was checking her emails on her bed, on her belly with legs lifted.

“What’s up?” She asked her younger sister who was checking her door and looked at her with both eyebrows raised.

“You didn’t lock the door.”

“So?”

“What if that Mr. Grumpy barge in and do something to you? You need to keep this door locked.” Yoonri crossed her arms as she approached the bed and eyeing her older sister.

“We’re at home and trust me, he won’t come in here. He hates walking in front of our bedrooms let alone walk inside.” Yoonmi scoffed. “He hates us to the guts to come in here and say ‘Hey, what you doing sis?’..” Yoonmi focused back to her laptop to book for a restaurant for Mark and his client.

Yoonri thought about what Yoonmi said and shrugged.

“I guess you’re right.”

Yoonmi nodded and turned to the side watching Yoonmi with a sassy look.

“Now tell me the reason why did you suddenly come in here?”

“Oh yeah…I got thirsty and was about to make something to drink. Do you want anything?”

“Some caffeine would do.” Yoonmi answered with an innocent smile.

“You and caffeine.” Yoonri sighed and walked to the door. In fact, she was just the same. Both like caffeine. She walked out and closed the door properly before heading downstairs. Before she could reach the kitchen, she heard something. Like a loud conversation but not more to call as an argument.

Yoonri glanced at their father’s office.

“You do know that they are here making me uncomfortable!” Yoongi said out loud.

“Son, keep your voice down. They might hear you.”

‘They are fighting again. Like usual.’ Yoonri thought. Both twins had been listening to these small arguments between their father and brother. Yoongi would argue about sending them both somewhere else to not hurting Sejin’s feeling and their father would back up on them.

Listening to their father sincere words about loving them and wanted to take care of them, Yoonri started to accept him in her life but, she was still the same person who talk less and expressionless. But one thing has changed. Her expression. She didn’t hide her expression whenever Yoongi talked bad about her and Yoonmi. Either she would just roll her eyes and scoff lightly before looking away.

“Why do you care about them so much? If it’s true that mom took them away and left us that means mom didn’t love us and these twins don’t deserve to be loved by us too.”

“Son, you put too much grudge against your mother! You don’t know the truth! And your mother took them and left for a reason.” The old man’s voice could be heard really stern and tried his best to not get anymore anger in him.

“What’s the reason then?” Yoongi pushed his father more.

“…You’ll know soon, son. For now please be nice to your sisters.”

Yoongi scoffed.

“Not gonna happen. Either they leave, or me leaving this house.”

Yoonri could hear Yoongi was about to leave the old man’s office so she immediately walked towards the kitchen, acting like she was not even there, that she was eavesdropping.

 

Yoonmi was still doing her work when Yoonri came back with two mugs in her hands. She put one on the side table for Yoonmi and stood there, thinking.

Yoonmi glanced at her sister and looked back at her laptop before asking,

“What’s the matter?”

Yoonri looked down, stirring her hot brown liquid.

“Do you think we should leave?”

Yoonmi stopped typing and bit her lips.

“You heard it, didn’t you? Their argument?” Yoonmi finally got into sitting position and looked at her sister seriously.

Yoonri nodded.

“You heard them too before, right?”

Yoonmi nodded heavily before gave a smile that didn’t reach her ears.

“It happens every night since we’ve got here.”

Yoonri finally sat and sighed. “Why do we have to stay if we are not welcomed and unwanted here? We have families. Even they are foster families; they don’t treat us like this.”

“You don’t want to stay here, I know because I feel the same way. But like we’ve discussed before, we need to find out why our mother took us away from our father. There has to be a reason, right?”

Yoonri nodded and finally stared at Yoonmi with determine eyes.

“Alright but promise me one thing.”

Yoonmi lifted her eyebrows waiting for her to continue with her words.

“After we found out, and there’s no reason for us to stay, we leave this place.”

Yoonmi sighed and nodded. She wanted to disagree but Yoonri was right. If everything already settled and they finally know what happened, they should leave. Why bother staying when somewhere else wants them more than their own family.

“Okay. We will leave. We leave for good.”

But little did they know, someone was listening to their whole conversation.

 

 

The table was really quiet during breakfast. Yoonmi and Yoonri were eating quietly despise the bitter stares from their ‘brother’. Yoongi looked like he did not have any appetite to eat at all. More like he did not want to sit on that table with the twins.

But Mr. Min really was having the fullest of his time. He was eating with a wide smile, happy that the twins and Yoongi are eating with him. Yoongi eyed the old man. He doesn’t look that happy when Sejin is home and eating with him.

Yoonri looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter