Chapter 2

Stolen Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s confusing, I know but everything will be answered if you follow the story until the end. I promise you. Now moving on to the second chapter:

 

----

It was such a beautiful evening of the day. A playground where families bring their children out to play, were full with visitors from nearby neighbourhood in Gangnam area. Among all those happy people, there were a couple walking hand-in-hand with a bliss smile on their faces. They were walking around the playground without words, but both of them knew that all they needed were each other side by side.

The man, who was actually a father, saw his son picking stones on the ground. He sighed grabbing his wife attention. She looked at where her husband was looking and ended up with a hopeless smile and shook her head.

“Yoongi, go play with your ___. Don’t leave ___ and ___ alone.” Somehow in his sentence there were some blank parts. The mouth moved, but no words came out.

The boy looked at his father and looked at the swings behind him. He looked back at his father smiled.

“Okay. I just picked a beautiful stones for ___ and ___.”

The mother smiled.

“Go and play together okay. We’ll be here.” She said with a really soft smile and sat on a bench nearby with her husband so they both could spend the time together and keep an eye to their kids.

Little Yoongi smiled and walked to the swings. He stood between two swings and put stones he just picked on the ground. Then he moved to one swing on his right and pushed it slowly. Then he did to the other one on his left.

Even though the boy was smiling in happiness, like he really enjoying the moment but one thing remain unknown.

Both swings were empty.

 

Yoongi gasped as he woke up in cold sweat, breathing heavily like he was out for a run for hours. He lied down once again and started to think about the dream he just had. It was rare for him to get that dream but recently, it came to him very often that made his night restless.

Questions flooded in, but like how he usually overcome it, he just pushed them away didn’t want to think about it at all.

He exhaled, closing his eyes for a few seconds and then he got up from his bed. He needed water to ease his dry throat.

When he was about to pass a certain room, he stopped. He heard noises that already like a routine to him every night. Well, not every night but more like most of the night. It happened like 4 to 5 times a week.

It was from his sister room.

He could hear the sound of panting, harsh breathing of a male and a female. And that male and female happened to be his sister Sejin and her current boyfriend, Park Jimin. Cursing and chanting each other names could be heard clearly from where he stood.

Times like this, he was glad that his father picked his room downstairs plus it was close to his library. Yoongi thought that it probably the best the old man didn’t know anything about Sejin’s unhealthy relationship.

He adored his sister but sometimes her attitude, behaviour and her ways really ticked him off. Like how she broke up with Hoseok and dated Jimin so suddenly. Jimin had changed because of her. Yoongi didn’t know why he changed but he knew it was because of Sejin.

Jung Hoseok.

The face of his friend suddenly came into Yoongi’s mind. He sighed.

Yoongi remembered the expression he showed when Sejin suddenly came to the club and threw herself on top of Jimin. That woman really needed some common sense in her thick brain. She was a big-headed kind or person so of course, she would never listen. Yoongi wondered why Sejin didn’t take any positive traits from their father at all.

Yoongi couldn’t take it any longer. The loud cursing, both kept on calling and screaming each other names, the sound of the bed post hitting the wall on each second.

(a/n: what the hell did I just write? Omg!)

Gave up on drinking water, he went back to his bedroom. He thought he could sleep well, but no. He kept thinking about that dream until his mind got tired.

 

------

 

It had been few days since the news about their father wanted to have them back. The twins decided to not think about it at the moment. Both of them were busy with work.

Yoonmi had to finish a new slide before the deadline. She needed to focus on her son as well because her mother called mentioning about her son kept asking for her. While Yoonri was busy with a new design. More like designs actually because she kept on letting out her frustration about this stubborn client of her in front of Yoonmi.

Yoonmi was about to head for lunch before someone stood in front of her blocking her way to the elevator.

“Mr. Tuan.” She surprised but immediately bowed her head in respect. The man sighed.

“Told you to not calling me that. It’s weird. Feels like I’m an old man or something.”

Yoonmi smiled and rolled her eyes playfully. She stared at the man in front of her, a friend of her younger brother even though this male actually older than her by one year whiles her younger brother actually younger by 3 years.

“Fine, Mark. What are you doing here?” She asked.

“Actually I need someone to have a lunch with.” Mark answered.

Yoonmi stunned as her eyebrows lifted.

“Oh really? Are you waiting for someone?” She asked and looked behind her if there was someone approaching for the young chairman.

“Nah, she’s here already. Come on.”

Before Yoonmi knew it, Mark already pulled her wrist dragging her to the elevator. Staffs immediately gave ways for Mark and Yoonmi when they saw the duo approaching. They knew very well about the close friendship between their boss, Mark Yien Tuan and his personal assistant.

Yoonmi just let him pulling her. Once they both were in the elevator Yoonmi chuckled.

“You know, if you keep pulling my wrist like this, I might need a new one soon. Besides, you need to stop doing this. People might talking and think negative about us.”

“Let them talk. Who cares? They all know who we are.” Mark answered casually still pulling her with him to the basement parking lot once the elevator opened.

 

 

The day went smoothly, well for Yoonmi it was. But for Yoonri…

“She was talking non-stop at all. The only thing that I caught from was ‘I want it to look grand and elegant’. I was this close to smack her head with my big giant folder.” Yoonri whined while Yoonmi just listened as she was driving.

Yoonmi could imagine Yoonri only showed her poker face in front of all her clients but if she’s home or with her, she’d whine and pour her heart out like Niagara Falls.

“How’s Mark?”

That sudden question made Yoonmi frown. Talk about change of subject that fast. Yoonmi just laughed for a few seconds.

“He’s fine, not sick, breathing normally. Why? What’s up with the sudden question?”

“I don’t know. Just asking though.” Yoonri shrugged and looked at the side mirror on her side and saw something odd.

“Hey, I think the car behind us has been following since you picked me up?” Yoonri asked.

“What?” Yoonmi glanced at her twin for one second but Yoonri pointed at the mirror. Yoonmi looked and bit her lips as she was thinking.

“You mean the black SUV behind us?” Yoonmi looked at the car behind them using the mirror but still focused on her driving.

“Yeah. I’m sure I saw them when you picked me up. When you stopped they stopped too.”

“Can you see the driver’s face?” Yoonmi asked as she stopped on red light.

“Can’t. The windows are all out. That’s why I’m sure it’s the same car.”

“Okay then.” Yoonmi nodded in determined. As soon as the light turned green, she stepped the pedal and change the route from the way she usually would take to go home.

“Where are we going?” Yoonri asked when Yoonmi drove the car to a different way.

“We stop somewhere to eat. If it’s true what you said about that car has been following us then it’s dangerous to go straight home now. We need to head somewhere else.”

Yoonri nodded and let Yoonmi focus on driving while she kept on glancing behind them.

Once Yoonmi made a stop nearby a Chinese restaurant, they acted natural and went inside. They chose table at the window glass so they could look outside.

While they were eating, the black SUV parked right across the street.

 

“Yes sir. They’re currently in a Chinese restaurant, eating.” The one beside the driver said on the phone. His eyes behind the black shades went back to the twins. “Will report to you soon, sir. Don’t worry.” Then he ended the phone call.

 

“Are you sure?” Yoonmi asked again at the same time stuffing food inside .

“Don’t stare at them so openly. You’re gonna make us get caught.” Yoonri pointed out with one eyebrow lifted.

“I wish I had a binocular with me right now.” Yoonmi muttered still staring outside totally ignoring her younger twin.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter