Chapter 4 - Moving In

Stolen Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Finally the day has come. After a lot of discussion and thinking, finally Yoonmi and Yoonri agreed to move in with their real father. Both of them went home to inform their families and hey, going back into your real family is not like going to a mall or a store.

It was a huge decision for the both of them so they had to see their foster families first since the address their so-called father gave them was further than their own apartment. And it would be hard for them to come and visit like how they used to every weekends.

“I can’t believe you’re really leaving.”Yugyeom frowned at his sister in disbelieve. Yoonmi just bit her lips and ruffled his head with her free hand since the other hand she was carrying Hyun.

“For a few years I’ve been living on my own with Yoonri. It’s not like we’re going far out of the country. I’ll come and visit, I promise. You’re talking like I’m leaving the family forever.”

“You have to promise me that you’ll come and visit us whenever you have time, noona. Hyun need his mother and I know you can’t live without seeing him too long.”

Yoonmi smiled and looked at her son. She kissed his cheek and forehead. Of course she would do her best just to see her son.

Soon the next gate opened and walked out Yoonri with her mother and Taek Woon. The same reason as Yoonmi, Yoonri had to tell about their decision with her family.

Yoonmi just watched them approaching her.

“Girls, I don’t know what to say but good luck. I have to admit I’m worried about you two since you both don’t know anything about this family of yours.” Taekwoon said with hands in his pocket.

“The more reason they don’t have to go.” Yugyeom muttered but loud enough for everybody to hear him. His mother slapped his chest lightly, giving a warning to him to not say anything stupid.

Yoonmi looked at Yoonri but the latter only looked down emotionless like always. If anybody looked at the both of them, they wouldn’t think that they were actually twins. Because they weren’t hundred percent look alike. Yoonri’s a little taller than Yoonmi and she’s thinner too. It seemed impossible right? And Yoonri still thought that she kicked Yoonmi to get out from the womb first.

But how they found out?

It was from their mother’s letter. When they were still kids, their real mother left a letter for their foster mothers secretly about Yoonmi and Yoonri. She only mentioned about Yoonmi was the older twin while Yoonri the youngest, plus their names but without the family name and their birthday also was mentioned in that letter. The twins did read the letter after they learnt about their blood relation.

There must be a reason why their mother didn’t inform about their real full names and they needed to find out.

They bid goodbyes even though it was hard for them, but they had to. It’s time for the twins to find out about the truth and to enter their journey in their new family, new home and new people.

Yoonmi and Yoonri just watched their families waving at them, and they waved back with bitter smile. Yoonmi changed the gear and drove away, leaving the neighbourhood.

Yoonmi sighed. She didn’t know what to say.

“It’s hard to believe that we are really going.” Yoonri sighed. She had to admit, she was not ready for this. And she knew that her older twin was just the same.

“Me too, but we still have to do this. We have to.” Yoonmi nodded, biting her own lips.

 

I’m sorry that I had to leave my twin daughters with you.
I had to.
But to make it easier for you, my daughters wear the same necklace with a different initials on it.
YM, Yoonmi, the eldest twin, while YR, for Yoonri, is the youngest. Please take care of them for me and tell them I love them with all of my heart and please tell them that I am so sorry for leaving them and it was hard for me. Please keep them safe since I’m not able to do it anymore. It’s not safe for them to stay with me.
If their father comes for my daughters, please don’t let them go unless they are ready to know why I left them with you.

To my princesses, mommy loves you, always…

 

 

“Please tell methis is a joke.” Yoonri muttered beside Yoonmi who was froze on the driver seat. Both of them were still in the car, staring at the big gate in front of them.

“Are we at the right house?” Yoonri asked hesitantly, looking at Yoonmi. Yoonmi just nodded her head slowly as she looked at the address in her hand.

“Yes, this is it.”

“This house seems like a president’s place. Like a fortress” Yoonri muttered again and Yoonmi just nodded.

“We should go in.” Yoonmi said and drove closer to the gate and there was a guard. The guard came out from his small room and went to Yoonmi’s side. Yoonmi looked at Yoonri before rolling down the window and looked at the middle-aged man in his uniform.

Yoonmi was about to say something but halted when the guard’s eyes widened and a short gasp came out from his mouth.

“Oh my goodness…”

Yoonri’s eyesbrows lifted at the man’s expression while Yoonmi just watched him.

“Uhm excuse me. My sister and I…”

“Yes of course.” The man nodded before Yoonmi could finish her words. He just smiled widely at the twins with an emotional stare.

“I can’t believe I can finally see you two again after your mother took you away.”

Yoonmi and Yoonri just looked at the guard for a few seconds without words. Yoonri took the initiative to nudged Yoonmi’s side, wanting her to say something.

“Oh yeah right, sorry. Uhm…It’s nice to see you too. Can we…”

“Oh my, what am I doing? I’m sorry. Please you may enter.” He immediately went inside his cottage and the big gate opened.

Yoonmi smiled at the guard and pressed the button beside her to raise the window and waited until the gate fully opened.

Once the gate stopped and opened a way for them, Yoonmi took a deep breath and looked at Yoonri.

“Are you ready?” She asked with a smile but anyone could tell she was terrified.

Yoonri looked at her before looking back in front of her.

“The question is, are you ready? For whatever might come to our way?”

Yoonmi sighed and rolled her eyes, shaking her head.

“Way to ruin the mood.” Yoonmi muttered and geared up and started to drive. Half way inside the gate, Yoonri suddenly screamed.

“STOP!”

Yoonmi pressed brake and made the car stop abruptly.

“What!?” She gave an annoyed look to Yoonri for making her startled like that.

“I don’t think I’m ready for this.”

Yoonmi groaned and bumped her forehead on the steering, sighing.

“How long do you need?”

“About 10…no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter