Chapter 1 - The Beginning

Stolen Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

----

Yoonmi almost had left from a café that she usually visited after work when her mother called her. She adjusted her handbag on her shoulder and answered the phone call.

“Hello, mom.”

“Honey, where are you? Can you come home for a while? We need to talk. Bring Yoonri with you.”

Yoonmi noticed her tone. She sounded serious, not like how she used to call her, to ask how was she or anything that she wanted to know about this daughter of hers. But if her mother asked for Yoonri as well, might be a serious matter plus it sounded important.

“Mhm, okay...”

“Be careful honey.” The old lady worried more and made Yoonmi felt anxious. After she ended the phone call with her mother, she texted her twin sister at the same time headed to the nearest bus stop.

‘Where are you?’- Yoonmi

‘Convenient store. Buying my chocolates and your snacks as well. You’re a koala but you eat like a hippo, missy’- Yoonri

Yoonmi scoffed lightly at her twin sister’s bold remark on her.

Since they started to live together in a simple apartment they rented after ended their college life, they got used to buying things for each other whenever one of them stopped by at the convenient store or market. But now there was no time for snacks and chocolates.

‘Skip it. My mother wants to see us a.s.a.p. Tell me where you are. I’m gonna pick you up.’- Yoonmi.

Yoonri agreed and sent her location to her twin sister. Yoonmi snuck her phone inside her handbag and ran in her wedges to her car while Yoonri put back her Choco Pie and exited the store immediately after inserted her phone inside the pocket of her jeans.

Almost fifteen minutes later, Yoonmi arrived at the bus stop where Yoonri said she’d wait for her.

“What’s up?” Yoonri asked as soon as she got into the passenger seat next to the driver.

“I don’t know. Something’s wrong with her tone when she was talking to me. We should go now.”

Yoonri wore the seatbelt while Yoonmi started to drive.

 

-------

 

The twins didn’t know and wouldn’t have thought that the reason why Yoonmi’s foster mother called for them was…

“What do you mean by…our father wants us back?” Yoonmi’s eyebrows jumped from her eyes while Yoonri already had her attention full on Yoonmi’s mother or she called him by Aunt Jieun. Three of them were sitting on the couch with a serious atmosphere surrounded them. Yoonmi and Yoonri sat next to each other and Yoonmi’s mother in front of them with a coffee table between them.

The first time Yoonmi and Yoonri met each other and started to learn about the fact that they both were twins was when they both were fifteen years old. It was their foster mothers’ idea about telling them the truth and enrolled them to the same school all this time including college. They accepted the fact that their real mother ran away and took both of them away from their father and left them to two different families.

The only thing that they knew about how they ended up with their families they had now was, their real mother took them away from their father and gave them to two women that were chit-chatting in front of a convenient store.

How they ended up being sent to a same college? They both were lucky because their real mother had no idea that she just gave her 3 years old daughter to a pair of best friend on that night. When they were fifteen years old, the two ladies couldn’t bear to separate those two any longer. So they spilled the truth. Beside many people noticed the resemblance between them even though they had a few differences.

And the two ladies decided that maybe they both should live and move on together as twin sisters even though being adopted by different families and had different front name.

“We’ve been doing fine without our so-called father or whoever from that family. Why now?” Yoonmi asked.

“Does my mother know about this?” Yoonri asked her curiously.

Jieun nodded at Yoonri that she already treated like her own daughter as well. “Yes, your mother knows about this, that’s why she asked me to tell you both straight ahead. She’s on her way here actually.” Thank goodness both mother lived in the same neighbourhood, the neighbourhood where Yoonmi and Yoonri’s mother gave them to their new families.

At the same time, someone opened the front door and Yoonri’s mother, Hana walked in casually. Yoonmi just smiled tiredly at the middle-aged lady while Yoonri just lifted her eyebrows, surprised that her foster mother walked in right after Jieun mentioned her.

She wanted to ask if her mother came alone or Taek Woon, Yoonri’s older brother sent her here, but the news about their unknown father wanted them back really controlled her entire mind at the moment. Hana kissed the twins’ heads and sat beside her best friend.

“Have you told them?” Hana asked Jieun.

“Just did.” Jieun sighed trying to read the twins’ expression but couldn’t decipher either. Yoonmi was frowning but didn’t know if she frowned because she didn’t like the news or she was confused, while Yoonri didn’t show any reaction at all, that made it more difficult either she was angry or annoyed.

“Mmm…” Yoonri leaned forward a little, “…would you mind explain to us how did this happen?”

“And how he’d found out about us because it seems ridiculous to me.” Yoonmi frowned deeper.

“How can you even trust him? Did he come here and see one of you? Did he show you any prove that he’s really our father?” Yoonri asked more.

Yoonmi stared at her sister for a few seconds. She knew that Yoonri had a trust issue and easy to snap. She could not trust someone so easily, unlike Yoonmi who would always being soft so easily and forgive people so easily. You made a sin to her, she cried and the next day she just forgot about it completely. Like Yoonri sometimes called her, amnesia girl.

Both of them got to know each other better once they grasped the fact about their blood relationship and from there, they told each other everything about their lives since childhood and about their foster families and also their personalities. Ironically, both their foster mothers were widows without husbands.

And after that, they faced everything together. The student life they had in college, not that bright either. Things happened and they shed tears together, laughed together, and fought together. Their lives in college were tough, hard and had to add the term of dark in it. But one thing that matter was they knew they had each other from that moment and probably forever, but fate had more from them.

Go to hell to their unknown father or whoever else in that family. If es exist, so are s too in this world.

“I’ve wanted to tell you before, but I didn’t have the chance since both of you are busy with works. Besides, we weren’t sure either. But your brothers also have been noticing, cars are watching over the house from distance. When you guys going out together, men are following you.”

“What!?” Yoonmi and Yoonri sighed out their surprise.

 

---------

 

 

“What!?”

“Yes. Your sisters. I’m taking them back into our family.” Mr. Min looked at his son who was looking at him like he had decided to make an absolutely ridiculous thing ever.

“Hold up, hold up. I can’t process this in my head. Sisters?” M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter