Chapter 3

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Marianne tries to find answers, but comes to realize who this new stranger really is.

Puppy Love

You're Odd:
 

"Luhan. Don't move."

"Well well well, look what we have here." One of the guys came out from the shadows, bringing out his entire pack. Luhan knew that voice. It was Jinwoo, a guy that has been making trouble with them for who knows how long now. They were the dangerous ones to keep an eye out for.

"Miyoung," Luhan whispered to her, "We can't let them get any farther. Tao will not forgive us-"

"I know."

"Hey, it's not polite to whisper like that." Jinwoo came closer to Miyoung, making Luhan growl, putting himself in front of her protectively.

"Stay away from her." Luhan growled louder, his eyes turning red. "This is our territory. So get lost."

"I just wanna know where you guys have been hiding."  Jinwoo smirked at the two, his eyes giving a warning look to Luhan, "Something tells me by the way you are acting, I'm getting quite close aren't I?"

"I think right here is close enough."

"What's the matter? Scared I'm gonna do something to your precious little puppies out there? I could care less about them. It's Huang Zi Tao I want, and you. The girl, too." Jinwoo's words had Miyoung's eyes widen slightly in surprise and fear while Luhan let out his deepest and angriest growl.

"You'll have to take me on first." Luhan hissed through his teeth.

Jinwoo only briefly chuckled then proceeded to punch Luhan in the face.

"Luhan!" Miyoung shouted when he fell back into her. She quickly helped him to his feet so they could fight together.

Luhan and Miyoung stood back to back as Jinwoo's pack closed in on them.

"Miyoung, get out of here." Luhan whispered, "Run back to the pack as fast as you can."

"Don't be crazy, I'm not leaving you here."

Luhan growled, "I can handle it."

Luhan pounced at one of Jinwoo's men, starting the brawl. Kicks and punches were thrown left and right. Luhan took on one, then two, then three at a time trying to get to Jinwoo. With his back turned, Miyoung pinned one of Jinwoo's pack members and spotted Jinwoo in her peripheral vision. He was sneaking up on Luhan from behind with what looked like to be a knife in his hand. She looked at Luhan then at Jinwoo then back at Luhan. She wasn't going to hesitate to protect him; Luhan, her closest friend. Her own eyes now red, she pounced on Jinwoo's back and pulled him away, grabbing Luhan's attention to turn around. 

Jinwoo managed to shove Miyoung off of himself and strike her only to have her strike back with just as much force, only she had released her claws to deeply scratch his face. Panicking, Luhan went to rush over, but two of Jinwoo's pack members stopped him by tackling him into the dirt and leaves on the forest floor. Struggling to lift his head, he saw Jinwoo get a hold of Miyoung's throat, enraged from what she had done to him. Luhan knew he would never forget that night. The night everything changed. The night he saw his Miyoung get her head collided into a tree with all the force Jinwoo could manage.

"Miyoung!" Luhan shouted at the sight of Jinwoo letting Miyoung's body fall limp to the ground at his feet.

Jinwoo had kicked and nudged with his foot in attempt to wake her up, but it was useless. Shocked at what had just occurred, Jinwoo and his pack immediately fled. Luhan stood, seeing the blood and her unconscious body on the ground. All he could think to do was run to her, take her into his bare arms, and shake her as an attempt to wake her up.

"Miyoung!"  He screamed, "Don't do this!"

She didn't move, making tears shed from his eyes. His fingers brushed against the side of her head, staining his skin with her blood. She was supposed to run. Why didn't she run away? She was the fastest wolf in the woods. Why couldn't she run and let him handle it?

"Miyoung," Luhan cried, "Why don't you ever listen to me? Why didn't you run away?"

Why didn't she ever listen to him? Why did she always have to defy him? Why was it always something he loved about her?

Why didn't he even get a chance to tell her that?

___

"Don't you recognize me at all? It's me!" He smiled a bright and loving smile, "Yeolie!"

Marianne's eyes widened bigger than a deer's in headlights. Did this young and man just say he was her dog?

"Yeolie?" She looked at his familiar chocolate eyes and he nodded, his mouth full of orange chicken. Coming to her senses, she remembered her little Yeolie. "What have you done to Yeolie?! What did you do to him?!"

"I'm Yeolie." The man gave a sad pout while he slowly chewed, following big sad puppy eyes.

"No. No! You're insane!" Marianne rushed to her phone on the coffee table. "I'm calling the cops."

"I know you're upset now and everything, but I must say that I'm so happy I can talk to you and you're talking back to me now. I've been trying for so long." He smiled a shining thousand watt smile.

"Listen." Marianne spoke to him sternly, "Go put some clothes on and get out or I swear I'm calling the cops."

"I don't have clothes. You did give me that Santa outfit that one time at Christmas last year though, but don't think I'm ever wearing that again." He shuddered from the memory, "It was uncomfortable and embarrassing, I didn't like it."

Marianne froze in the spot she was standing in. She stared at him in shock. What did he just say? "How do you know about that?"

"How could I forget? Not to mention it was even worse when that Luhan came and laughed when he saw me." She could've sworn she heard him groan a little when he said that with Luhan in his mind.

"You-You don't like Luhan?" She asked carefully and he nodded his head to confirm, tucking the side of his mouth in to reveal a dimple on his cheek. Maybe...No. She wasn't going to believe it. "Maybe I'm just crazy. One of us definitely is."

"You're not crazy, Marianne. You're odd, but not crazy." He grinned.

"Stop saying my name." Shaking her head to get her thoughts straight, she took a deep breath and handed him one of the couch pillows, "Here, cover yourself with this. Don't move, I'll be right back."

"Okay!" He said cheerfully, willing to do anything she said. She ran off to the bathroom then her room to get something for him.

"Hey Marianne, did I forget my cellphone charger here?" Sandra waltzed in through the door, stopping in her tracks the moment she spotted a tall man with a couch pillow to his crotch and cheeks stuffed with orange chicken.

Oh god, Marianne heard Sandra's voice. What was she going to make of this? Marianne ran out with her bath robe on her arm to see Sandra standing across from "Yeolie" with a very confused look on her face.

"Umm, Marianne?"

"Yeah?"

"There's a guy standing in your kitchen."

"I know."

"Okay..." Sandra nodded nonchalantly, "May I know why?"

"I'm her dog." Yeolie grinned happily with a slight deep chuckle.

"Oh." Sandra raised her eyebrows, "Marianne-"

"Oh god." Marianne felt herself dying on the inside.

"-I didn't know you were uh, into that-"

"Okay. Sandra," Marianne decided to stop her right there, "This isn't what it looks like, I swear."

"Then can you please explain it because I am made with questions right now."

Marianne passed by Yeolie and a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter