Chapter 1

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Marianne adopts a mysterious new puppy with a mysterious past.

Puppy Love

Forgotten:
 

Luhan wandered the woods in search of her. Where could she have gone so quickly? She always had a habit of escaping his line of sight, sneaking off to who knows where. If I were Miyoung, he thought, where would I be? Of course...

"Miyoung, will you come down from there?" Luhan called up to Miyoung who was at least a hundred or so feet up in a tree.

"Come up here and make me," Miyoung smirked, sitting on a tree branch. She swung her legs back and forth teasingly, "Unless you're too scared."

"Will you just come down already?" Luhan laughed, "Come on! We have to get back to the pack before nightfall."

"Oh fine then." Miyoung jumped off the branch she was on and fell all the way to the ground, landing perfectly on her feet right in front of Luhan. "Happy?"

"Overjoyed," Luhan rolled his eyes playfully then nudged her shoulder as they started walking, "Hey, wanna race back?"

"Why? You always lose."

Luhan pointed his finger at her, "I won the last time and you know it."

"You keep telling yourself that."

"Race in three, two, one, go!" Luhan then took off, leaving Miyoung in the dust.

"Luhan!" Miyoung scoffed then began to run after him, "No fair!"

"I did warn you!" Luhan chuckled. "First one to the territory gets first helping!"

"You really are trying to lose!" Miyoung giggled then sped in front of him. She did end up making it to their territory before him with Luhan a minute or so behind her. Once he caught up, she stuck her tongue out at him, "Told you so."

Luhan pouted and rubbed the back of his neck, "I would've won if I wasn't so stiff today."

"You were pretty confident a few minutes ago." Miyoung smirked but he growled at her.

"I'll get you next time." Luhan ran his fingers through his blonde hair then jumped up into a tree.

Miyoung rolled her eyes. He was always such a child. "Get down from there."

"Come up here and make me." Luhan mimicked her words from before as he squatted far up in the tree, "Unless you're too scared."

"You're really gonna try testing me on that too?"

"Is he acting up again?" Their fellow pack member and friend, Sehun, appeared. Sehun looked up at Luhan in the tree and chuckled, "You beat him in a race, didn't you?"

Miyoung nodded confidently, "What else is new?"

"Hey Luhan! If you don't get down here, I'll be sure to tell Miyoung all about your little crush on-" Sehun threatened but was soon interrupted by Luhan leaping down and tackling him which turned into a wrestling match with Sehun winning.

"While you pups finish, I'll be getting the first helping of whatever Minseok has cooked up." Miyoung stepped past them.

She briefly thought about what Sehun said. Luhan had a crush? That was a laugh. The only girl Luhan really talked to was her, unless there was some other human or wolf she didn't know about, which was impossible. She and Luhan were best friends since they were pups. They both swore a long time ago when they were young teens that they were like brother and sister. Maybe Sehun was just bluffing, maybe. But he couldn't be, because then Luhan wouldn't have cared.

"Hey, Miyoung?" Kai approached with a bunch of chicken stuffed in his cheeks, "You're up tonight for night watch patrol."

"Isn't it still supposed to be your turn?"

Kai smirked then proceeded to whisper, "Yeah, I need you to cover for me. I'm going out tonight."

"Blowing off patrol to go to the clubs with Minseok again?"

"Kind of."

"Fine, but this is the last time. Got it?"

"Thanks Miyoung! You're the best!" Kai patted her shoulder and ran back to the camp fire to continue eating.

"Ah, this kid." Miyoung muttered to herself in annoyance.

Late into the night, Miyoung kept her promise to Kai and stood guard at their territory's entrance. This was the spot where they liked to camp out at every weekend, which was the only time they slept in the woods and not at their own homes. Still, someone had to keep watch. They knew there were others out there who didn't want to play nice. Their pack wasn't going to risk anything.

Hearing what sounded like a twig snapping not too far away made her gasp a little. She turned her head where she heard the noise and attempted to use her good vision to see who or what was lurking in the darkness, only to see nothing. Just as she was brushing off the paranoia, she turned her head back in the same direction when she heard rustling leaves as if someone were walking through them. She could've sworn she saw a figure run from behind one tree to the other. A pair of hands grabbing her shoulders from behind was enough to make her nearly scream...

1 year later...

"Good morning, baby~ Good morning~" Marianne heard Apink's song "Good Morning Baby" blast from her phone at exactly 8:30 a.m. She reached her arm out from beneath the covers to reach for her phone to turn it off. Her fingers blindly felt for the screen of her phone so she could turn it off.

Marianne squeaked a little as she did a big full body stretch before throwing the covers off her body. She shuffled her feet to the bathroom, making sure to do a big yawn while stretching her arms again. She sniffled her nose and rubbed her eyes, of course never enjoying having to wake up early everyday. When she looked at herself in the bathroom mirror, she jolted in fear like a monster suddenly appeared in front of her. She saw her hair looking like a mess in its still sort of bun, dark circles under her eyes, and just an overall "I'm tired I just want to go back to sleep I look and feel like death right now" look.

She leaned one hand on the sink and p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter