Chapter 2

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Marianne comes home to a big surprise.

Puppy Love

Careful What You Wish For:
 

Hearing what sounded like a twig snapping not too far away made her gasp a little. She turned her head where she heard the noise and attempted to use her good vision to see who or what was lurking in the darkness, only to see nothing. Just as she was brushing off the paranoia, she turned her head back in the same direction when she heard rustling leaves as if someone were walking through them. She could've sworn she saw a figure run from behind one tree to the other. A pair of hands grabbing her shoulders from behind was enough to make her nearly scream.

"I got you!" Luhan laughed at her scared form. Miyoung didn't hesitate to smack him over and over even though he didn't seem to care.

"You jerk!" Miyoung tried to keep her voice down so she wouldn't wake the others, "I almost attacked you!"

"Sure." Luhan continued laughing, "You should've seen the look on your face!"

"Shh be quiet. You'll wake them." Miyoung gestured to the tents.

"Don't worry, they sleep like puppies. You know that."

"Sehun still is a puppy if you want to be technical."

"Shh!" Luhan covered with his hand, "Don't let him hear you say that."

"Or what?" Miyoung said behind his hand, "What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be sleeping too?"

"I thought I could assist you on your watch." Luhan removed his hand and smiled cutely, "Or we could sneak off and go for a stroll?"

"You know that's not safe."

"Come on, with me by your side, you have nothing to be afraid of."

"Yeah, now I feel so protected." Miyoung mumbled in a sarcastic tone.

"That's not nice." Luhan pouted, "Listen, it wouldn't hurt if you were to see me as a strong protector once in a while."

"Why should I do that? You know I don't need protecting."

"I know. You could pretend though, just to make me feel good."

"Why?"

"I don't know." Luhan began to look down at his feet shyly, "It's just that, I kind of like yo-"

The sound of another twig snapping in the distance caught their attention, making them turn and look ahead.

"Luhan," Miyoung whispered, "Please tell me this is just you pulling another joke."

"I was just about to ask if you heard it too." Luhan whispered back, "Should we check it out? It could just be a rabbit or something."

"It sounded too big to be a rabbit."

"Should we wake the others?"

"No, let's just go ourselves." Miyoung immediately took off, making Luhan follow her. However once he caught up to her, she froze in fear from what was in front of her. "Luhan. Don't move..."

___
 

She didn't care what it would take. She didn't care how hard she had to fight. And she didn't care about the sacrifices she would have to make. She was going to get Yeol into that tub.

"Come on, Yeolie! It's bath time!" Marianne looked down at her now almost two-year-old puppy. Bath time was Yeolie's least favorite time. At the sound of the word 'bath', Yeolie the beagle whined in fear and proceeded to run into Marianne's bedroom. "Yeolie, get back here!"

Marianne followed him into her room, only to see him hiding under her bed with his entire and tail still sticking out. Did he really think he was now invisible?

"I can still see you." Marianne went over and pulled Yeolie out from under the bed which made him bark and cry in protest. "Stop your whining. There's nothing wrong with having a bath!"

Yeolie struggled the entire way to the bathroom, trying to get out of her arms but to no avail. The second she got him into the tub, he made one last attempt at escaping but Marianne held him firmly so he would be still as she proceeded to spray the shower head on his back.

"I'm doing this because I love you, so be a good boy and stay. Got it?" She scolded him and she sprayed the rest of him. Yeolie sighed in defeat with his biggest puppy eyes like he was really trying to guilt her into stopping this forsaken bath time. She wasn't phased, making him have no other choice but shake his body to get the water off, instantly wetting Marianne's face and shirt. "You don't have to take your anger out on me. It's not my fault you decided to roll in dirt at the park. You know better, mister."

Yeolie immediately barked in response, wanting to say yes he does know better, but rolling in dirt was much more fun than not rolling in it. Just as she was massaging the shampoo into his fur, Marianne heard a knock at her door, following the person entering anyway. She knew it was Sandra of course.

"I come bearing Chinese food!" Sandra called out, setting the bag of food on the counter. "How's bath time going?"

"As good as it can get!" Marianne called back. Sandra came down and peeked into the bathroom to see Marianne soaping up a rather sad and defeated Yeolie puppy.

"You know what I've noticed?" Sandra fully entered and leaned down to look at Yeolie, "I've wanted to say this for two years but I can't not say it anymore. He has big ears."

"He does not!" Marianne retorted, continuing to scrub him.

"He does to! Look at them! I've never seen such big ears on a beagle before." Sandra giggled, "I thought he would've grown into those things by now! Who knows. He, might, grow into them...One of these days."

"Tell her, Yeolie. Tell her your ears are fine." Marianne smirked and Yeol immediately barked at Sandra. "He told you."

"You know, sometimes I could swear that dog actually understands what we're saying." Sandra m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter